Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    Exactly... so why is Cummins being thrown under the bus at this point???
    If you were Cummins what would you do? I would contact my PR... tell them to send out a statement and continue coaching without distractions. If you are on trail and you don't want to take the stand... then guess what? The minds will start wondering...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone,

Please let's start a Real Madrid thread... we will get an answer from TFC FO then.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    At this point... I consider CBC's article hitting the newspaper shelves. This is a Customer Service / PR disaster... we got faster news on the Price increases for Real Madrid than a simple statement from TFC FO about this "non-issue".
    Again, unless it's resolved... why would you release information to the public?

It's like Microsoft issueing a statement that says:

Bill Gates had a fall out with his secretary. The situation has not been resolved and we have no more information at this time.

Is that going to help anything????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you were Cummins what would you do? I would contact my PR... tell them to send out a statement and continue coaching without distractions. If you are on trail and you don't want to take the stand... then guess what? The minds will start wondering...

No, I would do exactly what's been done. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, talks about the situation until it's resolved.

Cummins has had to deal with worse speculation in the media back in the UK. This is no different.

Ask Arsene Wenger why he always answers with, "I did not see the incident"... then months after the season is ended he says, "sometimes I see the incident but do not want to talk about it".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, unless it's resolved... why would you release information to the public?

It's like Microsoft issueing a statement that says:

Bill Gates had a fall out with his secretary. The situation has not been resolved and we have no more information at this time.

Is that going to help anything????

You are telling me TFC FO can't even acknowledge us? or the media? really...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I would do exactly what's been done. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY, talks about the situation until it's resolved.

Cummins has had to deal with worse speculation in the media back in the UK. This is no different.

Ask Arsene Wenger why he always answers with, "I did not see the incident"... then months after the season is ended he says, "sometimes I see the incident but do not want to talk about it".
    I gotta go run... but to answer the above:

no
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree he lacks the experience. Much like Carver, he's great at practices and dealing with players.

To say that Cummins is behind this, with little to no information to back it up? Seems a bit far fetched for me...
    Agreed, but where does someone come up with he is too old to travel bs....

He flew to Puerto Rico played better than anyone else and now he can't travel. Cummins is being blamed cause he is the only one talking to the media. Also he has to be blind or retarded I am not sure which one. Cause any of us can point out the instances this year alone when Danny has come in and chnaged the course of a game or had an impact.

Oh yeah he also said Danny is the 4th option at striker. Let's analyze who is front of him:

Barrett - has one more goal and played significantly more than Danny. 9 times out of ten can't hit the net if his life depended on it.

Gerba - 1 goal and he is fat/out of shape whatever. He is at his best IMO paired with another striker not solo.

White - He is a kid who had his knee blown out last year. I have had major knee surgery and yes physically your fine after 8 months, but mentally it takes over a year. He has done nothing to warrant starting IMO yeah he scored a goal, but he ate a sitter and he lacks movement and paly off teh ball. In time yes now no

Also, I don't think at this point White should start over any of the above especially Danny

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone take a second and just breeeeeeaaaaaaath

Nothing has happened yet. There's certainly enough clues to indicate something's going down, but still, nothing's solid. Let's just wait it out and see what happens on the 12th, whether he plays or not, kay?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are telling me TFC FO can't even acknowledge us? or the media? really...
    What are they going to say????

"Uh guys, some shit hit the fan... we can't tell you anything more right now though"

or

"It's all speculation at this point"

Either way, who's to say they would be telling the truth?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you be satisfied with this? Personally, I wouldn't as they could just feed the company line crap that CC apparently gave to Molinaro.......only words from the big guy Dichio himself on the matter would suffice....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here, everyone enjoy some funnies

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post

He flew to Puerto Rico played better than anyone else and now he can't travel. Cummins is being blamed cause he is the only one talking to the media. Also he has to be blind or retarded I am not sure which one. Cause any of us can point out the instances this year alone when Danny has come in and chnaged the course of a game or had an impact.

Oh yeah he also said Danny is the 4th option at striker. Let's analyze who is front of him:

Barrett - has one more goal and played significantly more than Danny. 9 times out of ten can't hit the net if his life depended on it.

Gerba - 1 goal and he is fat/out of shape whatever. He is at his best IMO paired with another striker not solo.

White - He is a kid who had his knee blown out last year. I have had major knee surgery and yes physically your fine after 8 months, but mentally it takes over a year. He has done nothing to warrant starting IMO yeah he scored a goal, but he ate a sitter and he lacks movement and paly off teh ball. In time yes now no

Also, I don't think at this point White should start over any of the above especially Danny
    I agree with this post 100%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too old to travel, too old to travel if he's not playing. Big difference.

Important game, he was included in the roster. Travelling to the west coast when Cummins is trying to battle test the youngsters, is pointless if he's been placed at the bottom of the pecking order.

Depending on the game and the circumstances, yeah I would agree he could be.

Barrett, while not a fan fav for everyone, does hustle a lot and creates chances... even if he can't finish. Not my #1 pick, but hey... he tries.

He'll never get match fit if you never play him. Agreed he needs someone to work off of.

Agreed for the most part. In my experiences, the best way to get over a fear of injury, is to play hard in game situations. Getting him out there now, could prove to be a godsend in the playoffs if he gains any confidence or form going into the end of the season.

Bolded reply.

As I stated above, Cummins wants to battle test these kids. This is the time of the season where he is able to do that. We still have a chance of making the playoffs, and trying to test them out later in the season spells disaster.

Also, Dichio can't be a first or second choice striker IMO as he can't effectively play more than 30 mins at this point in his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me of a situation a few years back with a certain #27 on the Maple Leafs.

Sure, pure speculation, but this thread is full of it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't know why everyone is so desperate for the FO to issue a statement on what's going on. If they do everyone will just claim it's bullshit anyway and come up with another conspiracy theory.

At times reading this board is like a episode of Lost, everything has to have some hidden meaning and nothing is as it seems. I'm just waiting for someone to claim that Ben has warned Dichio that if he gets on a plane out west he'll end up back in 1977, or that there's a hidden Dharma logo somewhere in the stadium.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question: Will this thread be the biggest thread in the history of the TFC section?

LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SanStarko View Post
    Don't know why everyone is so desperate for the FO to issue a statement on what's going on. If they do everyone will just claim it's bullshit anyway and come up with another conspiracy theory.

At times reading this board is like a episode of Lost, everything has to have some hidden meaning and nothing is as it seems. I'm just waiting for someone to claim that Ben has warned Dichio that if he gets on a plane out west he'll end up back in 1977, or that there's a hidden Dharma logo somewhere in the stadium.

Best post yet.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bolded reply.

As I stated above, Cummins wants to battle test these kids. This is the time of the season where he is able to do that. We still have a chance of making the playoffs, and trying to test them out later in the season spells disaster.

Also, Dichio can't be a first or second choice striker IMO as he can't effectively play more than 30 mins at this point in his career.
    How many times this year has he played the full game? and he just played 90 in a reserve game. You make a lot of good points, but that one's been proven wrong time and again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bolded reply.

So you go into your most important road trip with a pre determined idea of who is going to play? You can not tell me that Danny could not have played better than any of those stiffs they dressed or played on Saturday????

battle test youngesters now?? Stupid IMO if there was nothing to play let the kids play, we are in the middle of playoff race trying to save our season and it is better playing kids?? Then players that have the experience and in Danny's case more soccer IQ than anyone else on the team.

Even in 30 mins he would do more than the rest of strikers. If it wasn't for Dero who has 9 goals we would not even be talking about the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    How many times this year has he played the full game? and he just played 90 in a reserve game. You make a lot of good points, but that one's been proven wrong time and again.
    90 mins, in a reserve game that means DICK.... ALL.

Hell my 78 year old Grandfather can play 90 mins in a game that means nothing, doesn't mean he can keep up in a proper competitive game.

From what I've seen of Dichio, he gets tired and lazy after about 25 mins or so. Not saying he COULDN'T play 90 mins, but he's 35 and has a history of recent injuries. If we want ANY chance of doing ANYTHING in the playoffs, we need him healthy. Shipping him out to Seattle, Chivas, etc. for basically meaningless games isn't going to increase his chances down the road is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have a coach that has been there done that. We have some guy who coached a bunch of kids thinks he can manage men...

He is probably a great number 2, but as the man he lacks experience
    ... which is what we said about JC isn't it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why is it that people take things written by a cbc reporter too serious?
    it doesn't matter. anything coming from the cbc , ie sports, news reporting is the same type Jerry springer dish out on a daily basis,
    bulls**T media. What we need to worry about is how the team will perform in Seattle and Colorado and less on, lets make up a story
    and see how it plays journalism.. CC has to decide who plays and who
    doesnt not,its his decision, not reporters,not supporters his and his alone.
    We are still in a playoff hunt,something this cbc reporter seems to hope we miss out on only for him to have something else to write about..i still regret theat MLSE and TFC had anything to do with CBC from day one of the franchise, but mistakes happen, and with luck they will ban the reporter from BMO field on a permanent basis.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes Mighty....John just conjured up this story to get a few more clicks on his blog.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    We are still in a playoff hunt,something this cbc reporter seems to hope we miss out on only for him to have something else to write about..i still regret theat MLSE and TFC had anything to do with CBC from day one of the franchise, but mistakes happen, and with luck they will ban the reporter from BMO field on a permanent basis.
    What flavour of koolaid do they serve up in the TFC executive offices? I'm curious. it must be delicious.

The last comment, which i've bolded, is about the most assinine thing I've ever seen.

A columnist/blogger from the national broadcaster ought to be banned for giving his opinion? wow...just wow. I'm glad the Charter of Rights is important to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we should put OURSELVES in perspective for a bit.
    TFC Front Office does not have to leak media stories to us, nor should they. We are fans, we are not entitled to information before it is resolved, or before the situation has been brought public. That would both be poor business, and lousy expectations on our part.
    I really don't get the sense of self-entitlement around here. Why does the FO have to run to US before anyone? Why does the FO have to tell US internal stories that have yet to be resolved? They do not owe us anything other than putting a quality product on the field, and any expectations above that are foolish. Please for the love of god analyze this thread:
    1) Starts with speculation
    2) Speculation from a story turns into further speculation
    3) We now see a snowballing ball of speculation hell
    4) Dichio is being released (unfounded rumor OR SPECULATION)
    5) Snowball becomes snow boulder of speculation
    6) We begin expecting answers
    7) We get no answers to a yet to be confirmed report, and turn it into a witch hunt.

Does this seem like a logical series of events in anyones minds? I mean, really?
    I am going to sit back with Shaugno, have a beer and let the facts unfold before giving a true opinion. For now, Dichio is a Red.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaughno et al, this is the internet.

Just read the papers and stay out of here would be my advice, if you're bothered by rumour and innuendo (tries to say nicely)

Cummins may be the fall guy, but his assessment of talent, and the flying story, which, and this is important, is uncorroborated by Dichio himself, make this a big story. Even without all the facts.
    Last edited by ensco; 08-26-2009 at 04:37 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't possibly agree that Cummins would want to battle test his youngsters on a road trip that will make or break our playoffs.

What a gamble that would be! Regardless if it works out (and I would have to say the gambling gods would not look favourably on that strategy) what you need know is battle-TESTED and TRUE warriors...not an analysis if the current kids can cut it.

That's just playing with fire. And it is a red-herring to the issue of what they are hiding with all this cloak and dagger business.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I can't possibly agree that Cummins would want to battle test his youngsters on a road trip that will make or break our playoffs.

What a gamble that would be! Regardless if it works out (and I would have to say the gambling gods would not look favourably on that strategy) what you need know is battle-TESTED and TRUE warriors...not an analysis if the current kids can cut it.

That's just playing with fire. And it is a red-herring to the issue of what they are hiding with all this cloak and dagger business.
    Just keep changing the squad per match and adapt to your opponent. That's all we have to do! Mix the young with the experience, and build around your opponent so that we can get as many points as possible.

The one thing CC did that he probably shouldn't have was put a 12 point goal. That will mean that if we do get the 12 points, the boys could become complacent. Then, if we don't qualify with those 12 points, CC will look like a fool because his plan didn't work. He should have told the boys

"Listen, every single game from here on out is a must win. We need maximum points. We're not effin around here, we're not gunna JUST make it, I want to qualify in style"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    Maybe we should put OURSELVES in perspective for a bit.
    TFC Front Office does not have to leak media stories to us, nor should they. We are fans, we are not entitled to information before it is resolved, or before the situation has been brought public. That would both be poor business, and lousy expectations on our part.
    I really don't get the sense of self-entitlement around here. Why does the FO have to run to US before anyone? Why does the FO have to tell US internal stories that have yet to be resolved? They do not owe us anything other than putting a quality product on the field, and any expectations above that are foolish. Please for the love of god analyze this thread:
    1) Starts with speculation
    2) Speculation from a story turns into further speculation
    3) We now see a snowballing ball of speculation hell
    4) Dichio is being released (unfounded rumor OR SPECULATION)
    5) Snowball becomes snow boulder of speculation
    6) We begin expecting answers
    7) We get no answers to a yet to be confirmed report, and turn it into a witch hunt.

Does this seem like a logical series of events in anyones minds? I mean, really?
    I am going to sit back with Shaugno, have a beer and let the facts unfold before giving a true opinion. For now, Dichio is a Red.
    Well said!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    What flavour of koolaid do they serve up in the TFC executive offices? I'm curious. it must be delicious.

The last comment, which i've bolded, is about the most assinine thing I've ever seen.

A columnist/blogger from the national broadcaster ought to be banned for giving his opinion? wow...just wow. I'm glad the Charter of Rights is important to you.
    It isn't!!