Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Not saying we would have won the game otherwise, but Carver definitely blew it with his line-up today. It's like throwing away a whole game just to use it as an excuse to drop a policy he realized in hind-sight wouldn't work.

I'm not out for blood with him -- I fully respect what he's done so far and how he's transformed this club in such a short span of time. However, I think it's fairly obvious that he's running into trouble with this policy (or, really, two conflicting policies) of his and he's probably going to have to rethink it.
    I think your analysing the situation WAY too much.
    Carvers policies, like any other gaffer's are not set in stone, and if they were, he'd be limiting his options too much.

If Robert had started yesterday, he would have been out of gas at the half. Better to bring a strong player on when both teams are out of steam, to reinvigorate yours and to run rings around theirs.

I dont think Velez came off for tactical reasons, and Marshall was obviously fatigued from his international duty.

The line up failed, if it hadnt, Carver would be a genius who outsmarted the champions.

To imagine that carver is basing all of his decisions on one of his favoured policies is absurd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I think your analysing the situation WAY too much.
    Carvers policies, like any other gaffer's are not set in stone, and if they were, he'd be limiting his options too much.

If Robert had started yesterday, he would have been out of gas at the half. Better to bring a strong player on when both teams are out of steam, to reinvigorate yours and to run rings around theirs.

I dont think Velez came off for tactical reasons, and Marshall was obviously fatigued from his international duty.

The line up failed, if it hadnt, Carver would be a genius who outsmarted the champions.

To imagine that carver is basing all of his decisions on one of his favoured policies is absurd.
    Well how else could you explain why Robert was sitting on the bench with Marshall? Why would Robert be gased out if he started? The reason we were got tired is we never held possession of the ball.. we gave it away so easily in the midfield and spent the entire game chasing it.. this is where you need Robert to hold the ball and distribute it.. let Houston do the running.. and by Carver's subs he acknowledged just that...

no one here is saying Carver is a bad coach by any means.. he is a great coach.. but he obviously bit his tounge on this occassion..