Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Seattle Fans... WOW

Watching the Seattle - New England match now on GOLtv and I must say I am very impressed by the energy the fans have. In my opinion they have set the new bar.

Maybe this has been discussed before and probably with some negative comments... but have to say I am disappointed with the energy at BMO this year. Supporter sections to me don't seem to exist the way they did in previous seasons. Part of this has to do with the control BMO staff has placed on "non-supporter" sections such as where I am, IMO.

Basically seems like everyone is dead except for the few loud die hards. Think some new creative chants are in order that will get our whole house rocking again in one cohesive unit. I just got back from Europe and had the experience of a few big club matches and was blown away by the crowd support... just like it sounds in Seattle tonight.

Time to raise the bar another notch? Can we? Without the negative comments and immature remarks... RPB lead from the beginning and maybe its time to change the fuse that seems to have blown out this year.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem is people do not want to be led.

People WANT the atmosphere, but they don't want to do what it takes to have it.

One of the reasons I don't particularly like 118 is because whenever you try to start a chant, some douchebag yells you down that this "aint the Red Patch".

How true it is.

Until people change their attitudes and until supporters groups have their own section full of their own members, it will always be a struggle but we will do what we can to keep it going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roogsy I completely agree the west side of the southend knows only two chants at best. I sit in 117 and I want to punch most of them.

Plus I know that the Seahawks were fined because they played noise through the pa system. I wouldn't be suprised if this is the case at Sounders games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of the PA system... before one match that I went to in Europe, for two hours before the match someone was on the MIC walking around the crowd getting people into it... Asking them about the team, and then start a chant and the whole place would get louder and louder as the place filled. Genius.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    The problem is people do not want to be led.

People WANT the atmosphere, but they don't want to do what it takes to have it.

One of the reasons I don't particularly like 118 is because whenever you try to start a chant, some douchebag yells you down that this "aint the Red Patch".

How true it is.

Until people change their attitudes and until supporters groups have their own section full of their own members, it will always be a struggle but we will do what we can to keep it going.
    Exactly... let the douchebags and those who wanted cheap tickets to be together... open up the North Stands and let all of our RPB members and Friends of RPB come together...

When we first started... RPB was what? maybe 20 people maximum... We've out grown our trousers... open up the NORTH! Give us control (no scalper seats, no cheap tix... only supporters) and you will Toronto as the best supporters in the league once again.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Good luck getting people into the stadium 10 minutes before the match in Toronto. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it has to be done, we need our own section

it benefits toronto FC, because we would more or less self police ourselves...no RPB is gonna do something utterly stupid and throw a beer at someone...and if it happens, TFC knows we'll be the first one's to rat them out, we don't want that shit, TFC should want a united supporters section like that!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Good luck getting Sonny Cheeba into the stadium 10 minutes before the match in Toronto. LOL That motherfucker is late for everything.
    so true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck getting people into the stadium 10 minutes before the match in Toronto. LOL
    Well it was the same, there are always people coming in as soon as the gates open.

Something needs to be done... I truly feel our atmosphere is slowly dying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do Toronto Sport fans always show up late for games? Is this some kind of traditional that I am not aware of? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errr we had some really good atmosphere games. Especially the game against Islanders, loudest game we've had yet imo.

I still dont see the big hype in seattle tbh. They have that one back and forth chant that they do a million times than what? The marching band? the horns? Its noisy, but not much chanting. One of the games the commentator said the chants were being displayed on the big screen..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    it has to be done, we need our own section

it benefits toronto FC, because we would more or less self police ourselves...no RPB is gonna do something utterly stupid and throw a beer at someone...and if it happens, TFC knows we'll be the first one's to rat them out, we don't want that shit, TFC should want a united supporters section like that!
    if that shit happens we control our own and police our own... you are in fact hurting the group if you do stupid things like that... I'm not going to say that everyone will always think rationale all the time... however when your "brother" tells you not to do something more than likely you won't... or at least that is the hope.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    Errr we had some really good atmosphere games. Especially the game against Islanders, loudest game we've had yet imo.

I still dont see the big hype in seattle tbh. They have that one back and forth chant that they do a million times than what? The marching band? the horns? Its noisy, but not much chanting. One of the games the commentator said the chants were being displayed on the big screen..

They were certainly clapping and waving their scarves more than I've ever seen 112 this entire season... well maybe not the clapping... but certainly the waving of the scarves
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFClifer View Post
    Speaking of the PA system... before one match that I went to in Europe, for two hours before the match someone was on the MIC walking around the crowd getting people into it... Asking them about the team, and then start a chant and the whole place would get louder and louder as the place filled. Genius.
    i've never been a big fan of using a mic or a megaphone. you shouldn't have to walk around and get people pumped up. you set the atmosphere and mood with good solid unified chants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably 10% of the problem...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

putting the songs on the big screen isn't a bad idea.... i don't get the facepalm.

if they're getting their chants out that way, then they're resourceful. we just use our screen to give out the numbers for the 50/50

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our biggest problem is lack of coordination as we have a bunch of different chants going on at the same time.

As much as most people will hate me for this but what is required is capos across the whole southend. With this we could make sure the chants are in tune and at the same pace. Hell it seems we can not even get the national anthem in tune

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    putting the songs on the big screen isn't a bad idea.... i don't get the facepalm.

if they're getting their chants out that way, then they're resourceful. we just use our screen to give out the numbers for the 50/50

I would do this for an Anthem... when if we ever decide on one...

Legend TFC is the closest to an anthem that we have.

All the other chants... well we switch up on them rather quickly so it would almost be counter productive... and maybe impossible to have them on queue with us...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    Our biggest problem is lack of coordination as we have a bunch of different chants going on at the same time.

As much as most people will hate me for this but what is required is capos across the whole southend. With this we could make sure the chants are in tune and at the same pace. Hell it seems we can not even get the national anthem in tune
    What stadiums in the world have 8 capos? The most I've seen is 2-3 and they are close together.

If people don't want to be a part of this they will chant what ever stupid drunken chant they want... that's where the problem is... it goes back to Roogsy's point.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need a big capo stand in the middle of 115 directing the whole south side!

like they have in europe!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You want a solution:

1. Give us first rights and control to a section to the permanent North Stand seating. RPB and friends of RPB (those who don't want to be membes but contribute almost as much if not more than some members).

2. Close the gap between 111 & 112 and give us the rights to have our RPB members and friends move in there from other parts of the stadium.
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    we need a big capo stand in the middle of 115 directing the whole south side!

like they have in europe!

Rudi tried to get 114&115 on point with a capo stand there... it was the right idea... but it failed. The truth is that 111 is a much more participating supporters section. When 111 (and to some degree 110) is loud we are on top of our game...
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol man everyone here is so pessimist.

Am I the only one here who thinks we've had a lot of loud games this season? I honestly think its our best tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post

I rather have the fans decide wat to chant, at what time etc. Not have the club put up a random one...Thats what one of the things I loved by going to BMO, cause I was getting away from that shit at the ACC, why do I wanna bring that here? lol. Just seems to commercial.

If people are 50/50 on our chants theres something wrong. Our chants are not complicated at all. Its because they feel "awkward" for some reason.

Also would be nice if that capos dont take such long breaks, sometimes they start one chant than just stay quiet for the next 5 mins...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When 111 joins in...nobody in MLS can match it. It's a good 600 people involved. Take a look at the Massive. Sounds incredible.

The problem is other than the Massive, 111 is barely interested in joining in.

As for a capo/stand anywhere between 115 to 119...forget it. When the 112 stand was temporarily put in 117 and somebody tried to get things going...he was ignored. Before anyone can even think about a capo in these sections, people's attitudes have to change. If they don't change, it's their choice, but then don't expect a unified effort. Who knows? Maybe people don't want that atmosphere? It's not for everyone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote for ending the inferiority complex we have with Seattle.

They have a stadium with a larger capacity, and which was built for better acoustics than ours (for starters, it has a roof). They appear to have great support. So do we.

I can't help but wonder if supporter's groups in Europe spend this much time comparing themselves to other supporters.

We should do the smart thing, which is to learn from the things Seattle does well (putting songs up on the video screen is a good way to get casuals more involved), focus on making ourselves better, and stop focusing on how loud or "good" we are compared to Seattle.

A lot of people have latched on to this idea that they pump in chants over the PA at Qwest, which we both can't prove at all, and which has been directly disputed here by a friendly ECS guy mutiple times. And it ignores the relevant point, which is: WHO CARES? Their gameday atmosphere is good, and it makes the league look better. What does stuff like this have to do with us? Do we really need to come up with reasons to feel better about our own support?

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol man everyone here is so pessimist.

Am I the only one here who thinks we've had a lot of loud games this season? I honestly think its our best tbh.

I rather have the fans decide wat to chant, at what time etc. Not have the club put up a random one...Thats what one of the things I loved by going to BMO, cause I was getting away from that shit at the ACC, why do I wanna bring that here? lol. Just seems to commercial.

If people are 50/50 on our chants theres something wrong. Our chants are not complicated at all. Its because they feel "awkward" for some reason.

Also would be nice if that capos dont take such long breaks, sometimes they start one chant than just stay quiet for the next 5 mins...
    Capos are not there to start chants. They are there to organize. Maybe light a fire under the supporters if it gets too quiet. But they aren't there to be a conductor and/or DJ and have a playlist.

And unless you've capo'd...you don't know what it's like. It's a hard job. You're on 90 minutes a game. And during a hot game like last weekend, it's physically draining.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Agree with this point.

Again... usually happens when we're winning... and during night games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capos are not there to start chants. They are there to organize. Maybe light a fire under the supporters if it gets too quiet. But they aren't there to be a conductor and/or DJ and have a playlist.

And unless you've capo'd...you don't know what it's like. It's a hard job. You're on 90 minutes a game. And during a hot game like last weekend, it's physically draining.

Remind me to thank Boris LOL... and man how did you survive?!? We need a CocaCola Mist Machine in 112
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When 111 joins in...nobody in MLS can match it. It's a good 600 people involved. Take a look at the Massive. Sounds incredible.

The problem is other than the Massive, 111 is barely interested in joining in.

As for a capo/stand anywhere between 115 to 119...forget it. When the 112 stand was temporarily put in 117 and somebody tried to get things going...he was ignored. Before anyone can even think about a capo in these sections, people's attitudes have to change. If they don't change, it's their choice, but then don't expect a unified effort. Who knows? Maybe people don't want that atmosphere? It's not for everyone.

Well said... and kiddos this is coming from a man with experience!
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I be honest here??

The thing is that you guys are assuming that everyone in the south supporters sections wants to be a vocal supporter like you guys do. I'm in 115 and I'm happy there because I don't have to constantly be involved in a song, in fact most games I don't sing a single thing......and I like it that way. I like to go to the game, watch, talk with people around me and wouldn't change a thing.

Obviously when I get a ticket in 112, I know its a different animal and I go 100% for the game, but that can't be expected of everyone right now. Obviously the answer would be to to move supporters that want a solid, vocal section to the North end and give the SG's control over who gets in and who stays in.