RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Today’s News, Monday , Aug.17

Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since my team was royally screwed yesterday in a cup final I'm pissy and you get bonus coed coverage, i need to be happy.

Coed 1 coed 2
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ bonus week!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good article from Gareth....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Teams Need To Take CONCACAF Champions League Seriously

The group stage of the CONCACAF Champions League is set to start this coming week, and a question on the minds of many MLS fans is: “Will the MLS clubs involved in this competition step up and take it seriously?” After RedBull New York and Toronto FC got knocked out during the qualifying rounds, meaning that the Houston Dynamo, DC United, and the Columbus Crew are the only MLS sides remaining in the second season of the CONCACAF Champions League, meaning that Group D has no representative from MLS. Meanwhile, Mexico’s Primera Division is represented in all four groups by Cruz Azul, Pachuca, Pumas, and Toluca.
    http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com...seriously/5610

I'm not sure I agree with this article. Is it really that they are not taking things seriously, or is it that MLS is unable to compete, given excessive roster restrictions?
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti again showed a lot of on-field class against D.C., both taking on players and in distribution. Those who question his soccer acumen don't understand the value of what he brings.
    Agreed with Wheeler's point. Vitti also looks a lot better playing a more midfielder role than as striker.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Vitti also looks a lot better playing a more midfielder role than as striker.
    This is true, but we brought him in because we needed a striker...our midfield is fine and even have some quality depth in it. We still don't have 1 solid striker who we can reliably count on to score game in - game out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE]The best of the three on Saturday was Sanyang. The young Gambian brought energy and a willingness to play the ball on the ground. [QUOTE]

I am relativley suprised by this statement...Sanyang wasn't bad by any means, but I really just notice him with the exception of when he was playing dead in the last ten minutes. I am hoping we are back to Sanyang being a sub next game...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HOLY FUCK! COED 2 IS SO SMOKIN' HOT!!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    HOLY FUCK! COED 2 IS SO SMOKIN' HOT!!!

Hell yes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    This is true, but we brought him in because we needed a striker...our midfield is fine and even have some quality depth in it. We still don't have 1 solid striker who we can reliably count on to score game in - game out.
    Come on, I'd love to see where it is that Mo said Vitti was brought in purely to score goals. Even if he did, what's wrong with relocating someone to a position where he seems to thrive with the team? After all, it is for the benefit of the team.

If you think we have enough depth in the midfield (without) Vitti then why is he starting in the midfield every game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com...seriously/5610

I'm not sure I agree with this article. Is it really that they are not taking things seriously, or is it that MLS is unable to compete, given excessive roster restrictions?
    That was always my impression as well. MLS squads are short a few extra roster slots and a bit of cash to pay for them to be able to compete effectively in 40-45 matches per season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Come on, I'd love to see where it is that Mo said Vitti was brought in purely to score goals.
    I said he was signed because we needed a striker, not that Mo said that he was brought in purely to score goals. At the time of his signing our midfield was Guevara, DeRo, Robinson, Ricketts and Cronin (playing 4-4-2 at the time) surely Vitti wasn't brought in on a big salary to add some depth to that group considering he was labled a striker and we had a number of question marks surrounding Dichio's age, Barrett's skill, White's knee etc.

Even if he did, what's wrong with relocating someone to a position where he seems to thrive with the team? After all, it is for the benefit of the team.
    He's fit in well in his new role, but its not the role that we brought him in to play - that was my only point (one hardly worth argueing).

If you think we have enough depth in the midfield (without) Vitti then why is he starting in the midfield every game?
    Rickets is gone and we've had a change in formation since Vitti's signing.