Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post-Game: DC and TFC

Go for it.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nana! MOTM!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 points from DC looks good on us.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default young guns!

props to cummins for having courage to go young.These young guns are our future, and it looks bright. Also props to Mo, look at that draft class now (Cronin,White, Frei) ar you kidding me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid stuff.

Ratings:

Frei - 7
    Serioux - 7
    Attakora - 9
    Gomez - 6.5
    Brennan - 7
    Robbo - 6
    Sanyang - 7.5
    Cronin - 8
    Vitti - 6.5
    Dero - 7
    White - 8
    Gerba - 6
    Gala - 5
    Guevara - 7.5

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no hand ball action by wynne late in the box today
    06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if i agree with OBW as player of the game, had a great game no doubt, but Nana was a beast at the back, and set up that OBW shot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attakora just totally owned Emilio and Gomez on multiple occasions. Pretty dominant performance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Solid stuff.

Ratings:

Frei - 7
    Serioux - 7
    Attakora - 9
    Gomez - 6.5
    Brennan - 7
    Robbo - 6
    Sanyang - 7.5
    Cronin - 8
    Vitti - 6.5
    Dero - 7
    White - 8
    Gerba - 6
    Gala - 5
    Guevara - 7.5
    really?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vitti 6.5???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dero 7?? he was prety awful tonight, definatly not better then vitti.. even though he scored

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solid! One of the better performances by TFC this season. I liked how they didn't let DC United back into the game, as they've done too often against the opposition this season. And props to O'Brien White for that goal at the 65 minute mark. Here's hoping there's more to come from him.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    vitti 6.5???
    Agreed. He had a good game. Sure he got dispossess couple of times, but overall he played well today (especially in 2nd half).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sanyang is gonna be the type of player who you hate playing against, but want him on your team.

He will probably lead the league in Yellow, but will cause opponents to take bad fouls. He is a hard tackler (as per Mo).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

story of the game is youth movement.Average of starting 11 was 24.5 years old.Over the next few weeks it will get even younger.We're seeing a changing of the guard, there's plenty of reasons to be hopeful for a playoff spot

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo, on the breakaway...the whole wide world to either side...

...and he Chad Barrett's it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great performance, that was the first game in a LONG time that I actually felt like our back line was strong (I'm not a fan of Garcia). It was great to have the two African guys in the game, I thought they challenged DC for balls in the air that our other players in those positions never would.

My one negative about this game was the fact that the stretcher was brought out three times, and Sanyang was even carried off on it; and yet everyone was fine. I like to win, but I like to win with class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    Great performance, that was the first game in a LONG time that I actually felt like our back line was strong (I'm not a fan of Garcia). It was great to have the two African guys in the game, I thought they challenged DC for balls in the air that our other players in those positions never would.

My one negative about this game was the fact that the stretcher was brought out three times, and Sanyang was even carried off on it; and yet everyone was fine. I like to win, but I like to win with class.
    Good luck with that in our region (CONCACAF).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post

Yes, I was a bit vexed by that too, Sanyang specifically. I know he's trying to waste time, but goes down three times? I don't like that.

What Frei was doing (and has been doing all season) is very smart. He time-wastes but does it in a way where the referee can't give him a yellow. For instance, on a headed ball back to him, he doesn't pick it up right away; he stops it at his feet and waits. And because the ball is still "live", the referee can't give him a yellow for time-wasting. The opponent is therefore forced to run (or jog) at Frei to force him to pick it up. Then, he takes the time he can (like all keepers would) before kicking it back into play but doesn't take too long so he's not booked in that moment.

Doing that is smart, a keeper going to his left and pretending to not have seen that the ball kid on the right gave him a ball is smart, casually letting the ball roll away from an opponent who got a FK or throw-in is smart, nonchalantly walking within the 10 yard radius on a FK (but not too close) is smart, going down repeatedly like you had your legs blown off and having the stretcher come on is cheap. Guevera is also guilty of this sometimes as well.
    Last edited by Lucky Strike; 08-15-2009 at 06:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dominating performance while playing a couple newbs and with our best player off his game. Great to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Todays game was impressive on some fronts (mostly on field) and disappointing off. On the field Attakora showed amazing potential, I was very happy to see his play. Overall I can't really complain very much about our side. There was some horendous mistakes made, but those same players made some big moves for us, Robbo and Dero standing out on that point.

Off the field though, I felt embarassed today. Whoever threw that beer at DC's keeper in the 2nd half made us all look like a bunch of idiots. We were winning for christs sake. He wasn't time waisting, or disrespecting any of our players, so where does this clown get off on this shit eating stunt? Completely unforgivable. Ontop of that, the tourists in 112 have got to stop, I missed the last 15 minutes of the game to a group of morons taking countless pictures of themselves "chanting", and trying to garner attention from everyone else around them. The guy is badgering me about getting into what he is trying to do, but all I want is to do exactly what he isn't, and that is watch the freaking game. This kind of shit has got to stop. /rant

I'll go back to creeping the forum now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back and about to eat supper, but I must say an absolutely vital 3 points won today. Despite our poor passing and ball control (thank God Robinson was removed at half), the back four were pretty solid; De Ro was brilliant; White was very good; and, perhaps most important, DC United didn't even show up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good game tonight. TFC really needed the 3 points from this game. I had a fuckin blast in 112 today. Nevertheless, the lads need to push forward and focus on the remaining games left in the season. We need to make the playoffs. I'm glad we picked up the victory today.

NANA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, one other point - if ever there was a game to be played at night, this was it. Thank goodness I brought the sun block, which I liberally applied.

And a big thank you to all the hot babes who were so good as to bare lots of skin (especially the midriffs) this afternoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definetely the most solid performance of the season . I hope that cummins considers putting these players back in the lineup for next week. The new kids played thiers heart out and impressed me alot..

Can't say it enough Dero is a Killer
    White showed his touch today to be a goal scorer. with time he will get better
    Frei totally prepared.
    Nana shows why he deserves to be a starter.
    the two gambians wow am i ever impressed with thier maturity level.

And the stadium was packed and loud today cudos to all..

oh yeah and to all the really hot women showing thier midriffs.. a show both on and off the field..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Solid stuff.

Ratings:

Frei - 7
    Serioux - 7
    Attakora - 9
    Gomez - 6.5
    Brennan - 7
    Robbo - 6
    Sanyang - 7.5
    Cronin - 8
    Vitti - 6.5
    Dero - 7
    White - 8
    Gerba - 6
    Gala - 5
    Guevara - 7.5
    I'd give White a 7. Sure he scored, but he was pretty invisible for most of the game. Vitti would get a 7.5 from me. Attakora a 9? Only?
    At first, I wanted Dichio to come on for White at the half, but it's a good thing that he didn't .

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Yes, I was a bit vexed by that too, Sanyang specifically. I know he's trying to waste time, but goes down three times? I don't like that.
    I agree. If Sanyang was playing for DC, he's the type of player that I'd hate.

On the topic of the whole Keno "thing", it made half time look like a circus.
    Last edited by kitchener-TFC; 08-15-2009 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from camping so missed the game but was able to hear all of it on the radio. It was unfortunate that the announcers were not letting the listening public in on all the talent in the stands.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Cronin was a monster today. That cross to set up De Ro's goal - as good as we've seen from a TFC player. Also great ball control, and good tackling.

To echo what others have been saying in this thread - Attakora has become our best defender.

PS - Nobody will care, because we won. But why does Cummins take off a defensive mid for an injured attacking mid with a 1-0 lead??? And if he wants to do it, why not take off Sanyang (who was very weak in the first half and had already been cautioned) rather than Robbo, who is integral to our defense?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking HOT AS HELL today. I had a case of heatstroke and lost most of the first half as I was hiding in the shade trying to get my freakin' vision back. Just brutal. But wonderful result, and very happy about the performance overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    I thought Cronin was a monster today. That cross to set up De Ro's goal - as good as we've seen from a TFC player. Also great ball control, and good tackling.

To echo what others have been saying in this thread - Attakora has become our best defender.

PS - Nobody will care, because we won. But why does Cummins take off a defensive mid for an injured attacking mid with a 1-0 lead??? And if he wants to do it, why not take off Sanyang (who was very weak in the first half and had already been cautioned) rather than Robbo, who is integral to our defense?

Could of been the heat !!SCORCHER!!......CC showed he had alot of balls today..! IT gona open the eyes of alot of VETS!!......we have a few WOLVES who are ready and able!! The young guys showed alot of energy it was nice to see us hustle for the full 90!~

great result!