Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White was lazy and inefficient up to and after his goal. He was slow and did very little work all around. You see him standing around while DeRo chased ball after ball... made me sick. He was also slow to react to a lot of balls and passes. Signalled for passes that were unrealistic and didn't make good runs most of the time.. Sure he got a goal, but that doesn't excuse a shitty performance. At least Cummins kept him a while for that goal to happen... I would have pulled him after 60 minutes Let's hope this is just getting over the rust.

Cronin was a beast, I agree... and let's not forget he was up and down the wing all day while everyone else seemed dead tired.

Robbo had one of his better days today IMO... was pretty strong on the tackle and was better than usual on the passing. Gomez was a beast also... I don't know why he deserves a lower rating than Nana or Serioux... the kid makes it all seem effortless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    I thought Cronin was a monster today. That cross to set up De Ro's goal - as good as we've seen from a TFC player. Also great ball control, and good tackling.

To echo what others have been saying in this thread - Attakora has become our best defender.

PS - Nobody will care, because we won. But why does Cummins take off a defensive mid for an injured attacking mid with a 1-0 lead??? And if he wants to do it, why not take off Sanyang (who was very weak in the first half and had already been cautioned) rather than Robbo, who is integral to our defense?

Robinson played like shite, Sanyang played well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i loved Sanyang today... that guy broke up so many DC plays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    I thought Cronin was a monster today. That cross to set up De Ro's goal - as good as we've seen from a TFC player. Also great ball control, and good tackling.
    I started saying thing around the tie Cronin sent a gorgeous cross to Chad for a goal... think it was against Columbus...: Cronin needs to start taking our corners (real corners, not stupid short corners) and our wide free kicks (where you're looking for a header... not a shot). Hell, let him take some of the straight on free kicks too, if Amado isn't available, he's got one hell of a shot... if he could ever get it on target!

TFC RealDeal RPB

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Solid stuff.

Ratings:

Frei - 7
    Serioux - 7
    Attakora - 9
    Gomez - 6.5
    Brennan - 7
    Robbo - 6
    Sanyang - 7.5
    Cronin - 8
    Vitti - 6.5
    Dero - 7
    White - 8
    Gerba - 6
    Gala - 5
    Guevara - 7.5
    Gomez- 6.5 - I think he had a good game, made some good tackle and nice passing iwould give him a 7.5

Brennan 7 - I think he's time is coming to a end,he made at least 5 or 6 bad pass' to nobody, Gomez had to keep covering for him cause he was out of postion and he's to slow.I gave him a 6

Robbo 6 - I also think he's time is up as well, he doesn't run with the ball at he's feet make's bad pass' all game ( well the half he played) . I'd rather see Sanyang or Cronin or Guevara and tell Robbo to take a set.I'd give him a 4.5

White 8 - he took he's goal very well and put it in the net , but i don't think he was a 8. most of the game he didn't do much up front,had a few good run's but nothing big.I think he still need's more time and he will be a big player for us. I give him a 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stoked View Post
    Robinson was bossing in the first half... Sanyang did well in the second. I don't see how that equates to Robbo being shit? I'm usually critical of Robbo, but he did well today. I'd guess it might be the heat. He looked gassed by about the 35th minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D.C. United coach Tom Soehn delivered a simple message to his team after a disappointing loss: Hard work will trump talent every time!!!

The man speaks TRUTH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fushida View Post
    White was lazy and inefficient up to and after his goal. He was slow and did very little work all around. You see him standing around while DeRo chased ball after ball... made me sick. He was also slow to react to a lot of balls and passes. Signalled for passes that were unrealistic and didn't make good runs most of the time.. Sure he got a goal, but that doesn't excuse a shitty performance. At least Cummins kept him a while for that goal to happen... I would have pulled him after 60 minutes Let's hope this is just getting over the rust.
    I don't know that I'd be nearly that harsh. It was his first start in the MLS and he showed a lot of good things (trying to control high passes, good strength on the ball) before highlighting his composure and finishing on his goal.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sanyang was nothing short of useless in the first half, though he improved after the break. Robinson's distribution was shaky as usual, but defensively he was strong. DC had one chance all half (which was Attakora/Cronin's fault for not dealing with a cross to Simms).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great game, was fun as hell to watch and last 10 mins were not scary

Gomez and Sanyang are great. Gomez especially, excellent defender. Sanyang is one dirty player haha I love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, Robinson looked like he was passing with a blindfold on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maple Leaf Red View Post
    I don't know that I'd be nearly that harsh. It was his first start in the MLS and he showed a lot of good things (trying to control high passes, good strength on the ball) before highlighting his composure and finishing on his goal.
    That's what I'm hoping too. Could be just the jitters of a first start. Of course it looks promising that he scored on his debut. Just sayin the rest of his game today was lacking for all the hype. (Julius James also scored on his debut did he not?)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Croatia View Post
    Agreed, Robinson looked like he was passing with a blindfold on.
    Doesn't he always?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Props to Cummins for giving the youngins the chance to prove their worth. I honestly did not think that he would be brave enough to do it but thankfully the horrendous play of some of our "veterans" forced his hand. Sanyang, Nana and Gomez ... all tremendous today. Frei ... not much to be said there ... he was the same old Frei today ... consistent. And last but not least, Cronin was a indeed a beast ... going forward, he is the single player I'm looking forward to develop the most and he is proving his worth every game. Cronin is going to be our franchise player in a year or two ... no doubt about it. I'm extremely excited about him. Thankfully between Cronin and Sanyang, we won't have to put up with Robbo past this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The heat was brutal and the scarf lasted all of 5 seconds, then it was used to block the sun on top of my hat. Great game, still am not a fan of Pablo Vitti (he cant score), but I really like the way Attakora plays, hopefully we see him in the line-up way more down the stretch, saw a lot of DCU fans at the beginning but as the game wore on they seemed to disappear, interesting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was too hot. good result though.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My own thoughts on the game:

OBW is the real deal. His goal showed a lot of skill and composure. I expect, like Mo's other masterful draft picks, that he will turn out to be a really good player and bag a number for us. Like Cronin and Frei, he is MLS-ready, just needing a few matches to settle in.

Disappointed in Robbo's performance. Although he made a number of good plays, he also gave the ball away a lot. He certainly wasn't the rock that he was in the first two seasons. Like some are saying, his playing days may be coming to an end. Maybe his best role will be as a sub. Cummins showed a lot of courage in subbing in an attacking midfielder like Guevara (who played an excellent game, by the way).

The other youngsters were impressive.

Jimmy B. is much better playing DM, than all the way back. Not a perfect game, but decent enough.

Cummin's choices, formation, substitutes, etc. I think he did very well, and had obviously studied DCU enough to exploit their weaknesses.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Attakora is getting to be a class above the other players on the roster, I wonder how long before bigger teams come sniffing around him? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, we've never lost a game where he's played at rightback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ratings: TFC vs. DC

Today's ratings:

7 - Frei: Didn't have too much to do but was solid all around and came out effectively to slidekick the ball away on the one moment of true danger. Intelligently wasted time as well.
    6.5 - Gomez: Wasn't solicited that much so we didn't get to see much of him, but he did what he had to do when called upon.
    6.5 - Serioux: You can say much of the same as Gomez.
    7 - Attakora: Glad to have him back in the line-up, he was his usual excellent self muscling players off the ball, blocking crosses, getting his head to the ball and all those good things.
    5.5 - Robinson: Wasn't as bad as he's been lately, but he's not the Robbo of old. Though he made some important tackles, he continues to give the ball away with alarming regularity. Hopefully this is an in-between performance on his way back to stardom.
    6 - Sanyang: Was pretty invisible in the first half, but when Robinson came off and he had the DM position to himself, he made himself felt, breaking up a number of plays. Didn't appreciate his theatrics at the end though. I know he's trying to waste time to secure the win, but don't do it like this. I'd deduct 1 point from his rating if I considered things other than just match performance.
    6 - Brennan: Happy to see him at LM again (his natural position - although after 2― years of LB, that can be considered a natural position too) where he's much more effective. He made some good passes and crosses linking the play from the back to the front and came back to aid in defence when needed.
    6.5 - Cronin: Delivered that excellent cross that led to the DeRosario goal. An otherwise good performance without mistakes.
    6.5 - Vitti: Some fancy footwork and a key pass or two today. I think he's finally found his role with the team and I'd like to have him back next year, but only if we can chop his 300K salary in half.
    7 - DeRosario: Got a goal, worked tremendously hard but screwed a few of his shots today, placing a glass ceiling on the rating today.
    6.5 - White: Grabbed a good goal but wasn't as involved as I'd hoped. But remember, he is coming off a seriously injury and just made the leap to the professional level. If he can chip in a goal here and there during the rest of the season (say another 2 or 3 if he gets regular time; 1 or 2 with limited time), he'll have met my expectations. We'll get to see him much better next year.

6 - Guevara (on for Robinson, 46th): A pretty nondescript performance but no errors and he did play mid-week.
    5.5 - Gerba (on for White, 73rd): Pretty invisible but he is carrying a knock, which might explain this.
    NR - Gala (on for Brennan, 88th): All I saw was one misplaced cross into the stands. Can't do much with this little time.

7 - Cummins: Give him credit for correctly putting faith in the youngsters. It has me very excited about the future of the club. Correctly took off the ineffective Robbo at half time though it surprised me to see an attacking player come in for a defensive one when leading but then again, it encourages going forward for a second goal and not simply sit back. Dichio could easily have come in instead of Gerba who is nursing a knock. Getting a good 15-20 minutes is exactly the type of thing Danny could have done. Unless Cummins is keeping him for a start next game or didn't want to risk him when leading by two.

6.5 - Refereeing: No major complaints aside from the botched offside call where Frei had to rush out.

MOTM - DeRosario. The team revolves around this guy, he got the first goal and set the tone for the rest of the match I thought. Attakora is a close, close 2nd. You could make a case for him to be MOTM and be completely justified.

Most impressed by opposition's - Christian Gomez: Though no one really shined today, he can still make some good passes at an advanced age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't done ratings in a while but as there seems to be some disagreements over ratings, here is the scale I use (which is also commonly seen over in Europe).

10 - A legendary performance, the kind that people will remember and talk about for years to come. DeRosario's hat trick (and one assist) in the Montreal Miracle comes the closest to meeting this criterion.

9 - A performance that will be the one to stand out when you reflect on the season at the end. Something like 3 goals (for a forward), numerous key passes or tackles (for midfielders or DMs respectively), or limiting the opponent's forwards to half a scoring chance during the game (for a defender) will net you this rating.

8 - An excellent performance where the player earning this rating will in all likelyhood be your MOTM.

7 - A good and solid performance with an instance or two of brilliance.

6 - An average, nondescript performance characterized by no flashy plays but no glaring errors either.

5 - This is basically the same as a "6" but punctuated by one or two obvious errors.

4 - An all-around poor match, where nothing was contributed apart from errors, the kind that gets you substituted at half-time.

3 - An awful performance.

2 - A diabolical performance, where you question why the player was signed if you see more than one of these per year.

1 - The player looked like he was under the curse of a witch doctor. The team would have been better playing down a man.

0 - Why is this man a professional footballer?

Check out my ratings for today's match: http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthre...989#post670989

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, MOTM is Attakora and should be an 8 in my book. Robinson was a 4. And to be fair, I used to hate Attakora last season, now he's one of the best on the team IMO. Looking back, today's performance solidified that for me.
    Last edited by ArmenJBX; 08-15-2009 at 08:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

couldn't this just have gone in the post game thread since people are already rating players there??

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robert32 View Post
    dero 7?? he was prety awful tonight, definatly not better then vitti.. even though he scored

When I read these remarks I wonder if I was at the same game as some of you. First Deroe ran all day as usual, yes, he miscued occsionally, but he had numerous runs at full speed and taking on the defender in many instances won the ball and created his own chances without any support esp from Vitti. I like Vitti, but today he was basicaly in a trance..so many times he was out of position not defending or ready for a pass, He should hace been substituted by Dichio...at the 65 min mark...(or Gala)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Attakora is getting to be a class above the other players on the roster, I wonder how long before bigger teams come sniffing around him? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, we've never lost a game where he's played at rightback.
    Shit great point,,,,a dagger in my heart,,,,,If we keep our youger players there is hope yet, they scare teams with their determination and unpredictability......lets hope MLSE doesn`t just see a selling commodity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Gala do anything worth noting in his sub. appearance? I had to duck out 10 min. early to make my GO Train (which was ironically ten minutes late).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Did Gala do anything worth noting in his sub. appearance? I had to duck out 10 min. early to make my GO Train (which was ironically ten minutes late).
    No........fresh legs but still young.....misjudged a few balls....but love the kids.....give them time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 - Sanyang: Was pretty invisible in the first half, but when Robinson came off and he had the DM position to himself, he made himself felt, breaking up a number of plays. Didn't appreciate his theatrics at the end though. I know he's trying to waste time to secure the win, but don't do it like this. I'd deduct 1 point from his rating if I considered things other than just match performance.
    he looked pretty injured to me, also just watched the game in 60 minutes, still looked pretty injured

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally saw them win a game in person!! Unbearably hot in 113, nothing but sucking in hot air (there's an Archer joke in there that i'm too drunk to put together), and I think that's why the singing wasn't all there. I thought the midfielders had a tough game, especially dealing with the heat, but guys like White, Robinson and Brennan played stellar. Best of all: TFC didn't shit the bed in a crucial match!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today was my first TFC game. I took my son and we sat in section 119. The atmosphere is awesome. We're looking forward to attending another game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on Yohan. Guevara played one half and he setup a goal plus he saved one off the line. In my books he deserves more credit then that. Dero had one of his wors games this year. He may have scored, doesn't mean he played well though.

Today proed two things to me. Gerba should not be our starting striker and Garcia should not see the field again unless gomez and nana get hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team as a whole played well today.
    Sanyang wasen't too hot the first half but got better as the game wore on.

As much as I really like the guy, I think the time is rapidly approaching where we will have to part ways with Mr. Robinson.

My only other problem was that I was pretty disappointed with all the time wasting from the Gambian kids. Sanyang in particular.
    I felt it was an imbarrassment to our team.