Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DCU acquires Julius James

JJ traded again!

SoccerInsider#DCU acquires defender Julius James from Houston. Details to come.....6 minutes ago from web

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm what did they give up for JJ?
    c'mon you Reds!

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julius!
    Julius James!
    He's so good that he might just stay.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuckin good he'll kill it here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good, DCU just got worse by addition!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

definately not^ D.C. United is a well organized club, Tom Soehn has brought in all the right players, that team has alot of depth, good depth

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladies Love Julius James View Post
    fuckin good he'll kill it here.
    So you coming to the game this Saturday?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait to be at the match on Saturday. I grew up being a United fan...gulp! Well I lived down there and they were a great bunch of people. It's definitely hard to give up rooting for the team you supported for 11 years, but I've slowly weened myself off of DCU for TFC. Just wish we played a more fluid style like the usually do...
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    definately not^ D.C. United is a well organized club, Tom Soehn has brought in all the right players, that team has alot of depth, good depth
    Julius James ain't a good defender.

He wasn't a good defender in Toronto, and he wasn't in Houston (which is why they loaned him to Minnesota).

Watch the highlights from the Houston game on the weekend and you'll see.. Watch for Blanco

It doesn't matter that DC is a "well organized club" since Houston is an even more organized club, and they dumped James for a draft pick.

What does that tell you?

I hope James plays on the weekend. Then he'll be exposed and we're more likely to score.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need to get JJ back here, to improve the depth on defence...we should have never given him up to begin with...with our luck he will bag the winner tomorrow
    afternoon :{

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

He wasn't a good defender in Toronto, and he wasn't in Houston (which is why they loaned him to Minnesota).

Watch the highlights from the Houston game on the weekend and you'll see.. Watch for Blanco

It doesn't matter that DC is a "well organized club" since Houston is an even more organized club, and they dumped James for a draft pick.

What does that tell you?

I hope James plays on the weekend. Then he'll be exposed and we're more likely to score.

DC also signed a defender today too, and have had a few players on trial
    they look to just be shoring up their bench for the incoming fixture congestion
    c'mon you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    DC also signed a defender today too, and have had a few players on trial
    they look to just be shoring up their bench for the incoming fixture congestion
    good for them.. the other defender they signed is surely better than Julius James

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    we need to get JJ back here, to improve the depth on defence...we should have never given him up to begin with...with our luck he will bag the winner tomorrow
    Definitely a stupid trade by Mo, eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of bizarro world do you live in anyway?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes because we'd all prefer JJ over DERO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJ's a terrible defender. Very good physical skills and decent on the ball but can't read the game for shit.

So, par for the course here so far.

But Soehn's seemed to make very smart decisions in the last 12 months. Maybe he plans to convert him to a target forward. With his vertical leap, he'd terrorize backlines on crosses. And given the relatively important-but-more-limited skill set required (find headman position, hold up the ball, dish the ball, create separations between the two centre halfs, work with another striker, head the ball into thenet) it might be an easier conversion than expected.

There were several players in England (I think Mark Hughes among them) who did well playing as upfront target men and as centre halfs. And Kevin McKenna has done okay at it over the years.

If we regret losing JJ, it'll be because of his physical presence haunting us on a corner or something. He's not going to start at the back for them (their back is pretty solid right now), so he'll either be a backup or Soehn has other plans for him.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    JJ's a terrible defender. Very good physical skills and decent on the ball but can't read the game for shit.

So, par for the course here so far.

But Soehn's seemed to make very smart decisions in the last 12 months. Maybe he plans to convert him to a target forward. With his vertical leap, he'd terrorize backlines on crosses. And given the relatively important-but-more-limited skill set required (find headman position, hold up the ball, dish the ball, create separations between the two centre halfs, work with another striker, head the ball into thenet) it might be an easier conversion than expected.

There were several players in England (I think Mark Hughes among them) who did well playing as upfront target men and as centre halfs. And Kevin McKenna has done okay at it over the years.

If we regret losing JJ, it'll be because of his physical presence haunting us on a corner or something. He's not going to start at the back for them (their back is pretty solid right now), so he'll either be a backup or Soehn has other plans for him.
    Bayern's Daniel Van Buyten has also been used as an emergency striker and he plays centre half.
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Definitely a stupid trade by Mo, eh?

questions still out on that...on defence is still the weakest link and needs to be addressed...if we still give up late goals going the rest on the way in..then yes it was a bad deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Mighty, the defence definitely needs to be improved, there's no disputing that. But as for the DeRo/James trade, maybe we should look at it like this:

DeRosario, since joining TFC has: 11 goals and 4 assists (league and CC)

Would having Julius James instead resulted in TFC conceeding 15 fewer goals? While "goal prevention" is much harder to attribute to someone vs looking at the scoresheet for a forward like DeRo, it's hard to believe Julius James would have prevented 15 goals on his own.
    Last edited by Lucky Strike; 08-14-2009 at 12:40 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    ^Mighty, the defence definitely needs to be improved, there's no disputing that. But as for the DeRo/James trade, maybe we should look at it like this:

DeRosario, since joining TFC has: 11 goals and 4 assists (league and CC)

Would having Julius James instead resulted in TFC conceeding 15 fewer goals?

we will never know but even if he helped stoped half for going in..we might be better off table wise....I know what deRo has done...my beef with him is on a totally different issue.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

interesting trade

JJ got a lot of look by Houston this season, and i guess despite some decent games, JJ was too much like Wynne to be worth keeping by Houston. Houston has a strong and versatile defenders, and JJ's screwups cost him
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we will never know but even if he helped stoped half for going in..we might be better off table wise....I know what deRo has done...my beef with him is on a totally different issue.
    Yeah DeRo never tries to play defence when the other team has the ball.
    Kinda like that Christiano Ronaldo guy. Never tracks back. Fuck he sucks. All he ever does is score shit loads of goals. What a hack.

Last edited by Stryker; 08-14-2009 at 12:57 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keem-o-sabi View Post
    Can't wait to be at the match on Saturday. I grew up being a United fan...gulp! Well I lived down there and they were a great bunch of people. It's definitely hard to give up rooting for the team you supported for 11 years, but I've slowly weened myself off of DCU for TFC. Just wish we played a more fluid style like the usually do...
    I followed MLS before TFC and liked DC United as well. The team played with great style for MLS at that time, and they had the best supporters in MLS. I was considering heading to RFK for the summer of 2006 for a match, when TFC was announced, and of course my own city's team took precedence from then on, and I dropped my plans. Let's form a support group, "DCU Anonomous." 10 step sessions start tomorrow.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't see how you can be serious, so I'll assume you're kidding. Without De Rosario we'd be in the bottom-third gutter right now instead of in playoff contention. Mo, Cummins, defensive holes and whatever else aside, De Ro is clutch to this team right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

What does that tell you?

Yup. Blanco embarass JJ BADLY! Of course, Blanco has great skills and unfortunately for JJ, he has few although he is superb athlete. He scored one of our best goals with a full running header on a corner from Robert last year.

but you're right. Not a good defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He killed your dog?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Yeah DeRo never tries to play defence when the other team has the ball.
    Kinda like that Christiano Ronaldo guy. Never tracks back. Fuck he sucks. All he ever does is score shit loads of goals. What a hack.

dont really care if he defends or not thats not his position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mighty you baffle the fuck out of me.

Eliminate DeRo and we're in 2nd to last place behind the Shite Bulls. Guaranteed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its rare, as all people and opinions are welcome but theres a new persons on the ignore list, kinda feel like they are a piss take