Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's awesome that I can find hundreds of videos of supporters far more passionate than TFC/RPB throwing streamers. What is more interesting is that after one year it's all washed up and childish. I think the attempts to whitewash the support mechanism is astonishing, it seems as if the politically correct base have tarnished what was great support. I can't say that I understand how things are now, but the impulsiveness and supporter gumption seems to be lacking. Why stop streamers? Do you quick YouTube search and see how amazing it can look... It seems when RPB et al scratch the surface on something they then immediately need to move on and garner a new experience... It's like supporter ADHD. But hey, who listens to anyone, anymore, anyway....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ it goes even further then just the group, some people have been against them since the beginning....

it's tissue paper, if a player kicks an unfurled streamer, its not going to injure them.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Streamers are thrown in Soccer Stadiums around the world. The difference however between us and other Soccer teams around the world is all the othe countries that throw streamers throw them before the game, after a goal or at the end of the game. So when they say they are gonna ban streamers does that mean they are gonna ban them completely, or could us supporters make some agreement where streamers arent to be thrown durring game time.

I dont mind stop streamers from being thrown at corners, but i would still like streamers to be used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ban ONLY targets the use of streamers to disrupt play.

This would happen in any higher league.

It's normal.

TO DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by BBBulldog View Post
    I hope that implies someone is still in it
    The plan is to tie a visiting supporter to a wheelchair, light it on fire and push him down the isle. This will make streamers look like shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post

It's normal.
    i agree, and it makes sense.

But i really hope MLSE or the commisioner of MLS state that streamers are aloud to be thrown, just not at players or durring any time that will disrupt play. And if they do, i hope TFC fans follow with this rule, because if fans continue to throw them at corners then what else can they do except ban streamers completely!

masrawy

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    I think it's awesome that I can find hundreds of videos of supporters far more passionate than TFC/RPB throwing streamers.
    Find me a video of an established supporter group in a respectable league chucking shit at a guy taking a corner kick.

Minus the Barca fan that threw the pig's head at Figo, classic.

If you do a YouTube search of streamers, you'll see how to properly use them, before the game en mass as part of a display.

We may be giving lessons on that some time this year.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Read the original post in the thread, guys.
    The only issue is throwing the streamers on the pitch to affect play. Throw them in the stands to celebrate goals and the opening of the match etc. That's why they were originally brought into the stadium, I'm sure. Then the throwing at corners started and caught on like wildfire. It was a lot of fun, but I understand the sentiment behind it: Throw them in the stands, not on the pitch.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masrawy View Post
    Find me a video of an established supporter group in a respectable league chucking shit at a guy taking a corner kick.

Minus the Barca fan that threw the pig's head at Figo, classic.

If you do a YouTube search of streamers, you'll see how to properly use them, before the game en mass as part of a display.

We may be giving lessons on that some time this year.
    This is what I like to hear.

I wanna see a massive streamer display to kick off a game. I mean EVERY section in the stadium throwing streamers, especially the 200s. A sea of red.

I would care to see that much more than chucking them at players taking corners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    This is what I like to hear.

I wanna see a massive streamer display to kick off a game. I mean EVERY section in the stadium throwing streamers, especially the 200s. A sea of red.

I would care to see that much more than chucking them at players taking corners.

That would look insane, as well as all the flags whoever has them.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When San Jose's Ronnie O'Brien finally got to take the first corner kick in front of the Crew supporters section near the end of the first half, it rained streamers on him for nearly a minute. Think maybe the Hudson Street Hooligans, Crew Union and La Turbina supporters groups didn't get Major League Soccer commissioner Don Garber's memo about using streamers only to celebrate goals?
    "Kiss my (butt), Don Garber!" one guy screamed.
    Huh. I guess they got it.
    http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live...9.html?sid=101

hooligans (the Hudson Street variety)...
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-10-2008 at 07:48 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if RPBs included boxer shorts with an ass imprinted on them in their member package next year? Everyone moons with a nasty hairy ass and no one is naked - that should avoid the indecency thing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Im also against DC fans coming in here like theyre the fucking guardians of the league.....piss off.

Someone has to do it. Know your place.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footyfan View Post
    Someone has to do it. Know your place.
    Know yours. (It's under us.)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's normal.
    There is a DISTINCT differeence between fan reaction, lets say to a goal, anthem or planned Choro with streamers, and Disrupting actual play with streamers.

They need to go. or be controlled, or something. . there needs to be a solution.

Streamers when they score- awesome
    Streamers as part of a planned tifo - awesome
    streamers at the anthem - awesome
    streamers anytime, for any reason that does not actually make contact with a player and/or disrupt play - awesome

Streamers that do make contact with players as they are playing = Fucking gay.

SUPER FUN but. . . gay. and will obviously lead to trouble, and potential FUL ON streamer ban. . . . seriously, its coming.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

footyfan, why are you on the toronto supporters forum, honestly just piss off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamplater35 View Post
    footyfan, why are you on the toronto supporters forum, honestly just piss off.
    Cause the DC fans hate him too.

it's true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    There is a DISTINCT differeence between fan reaction, lets say to a goal, anthem or planned Choro with streamers, and Disrupting actual play with streamers.

They need to go. or be controlled, or something. . there needs to be a solution.

Streamers when they score- awesome
    Streamers as part of a planned tifo - awesome
    streamers at the anthem - awesome
    streamers anytime, for any reason that does not actually make contact with a player and/or disrupt play - awesome

Streamers that do make contact with players as they are playing = Fucking gay.

SUPER FUN but. . . gay. and will obviously lead to trouble, and potential FUL ON streamer ban. . . . seriously, its coming.
    agree, i want streamers to be used as Tifos and such but if they let everyone still bring streamers in the stadium its hard to get the whole crowd to stop throwing streamers at corners. You know there is still gonna be some iddiots who dont understand the whole Tifo culture and probably will still try and throw them at players doing corners. We would have to organize it some how. Get the point across that we cant throw them at corners anymore. Teach them how other teams around the world use streamers. We would have to come up with somethin.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What gets me is a Crew fan called a black Revs player a ****** so Garber decides to have an investigation into the matter. Out of the investigation it is determined that STREAMERS are at fault with the fan calling the Revs player a name. So, Garber puts a tight reign on streamers in hopes to stop racism in the stands?
    STREAMERS = RACISM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone FC View Post
    What gets me is a Crew fan called a black Revs player a ****** so Garber decides to have an investigation into the matter. Out of the investigation it is determined that STREAMERS are at fault with the fan calling the Revs player a name. So, Garber puts a tight reign on streamers in hopes to stop racism in the stands?
    STREAMERS = RACISM!
    Wow, i though streamers were a just a peice of paper?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Croatia View Post
    Wow, i though streamers were a just a peice of paper?
    That's what I thought and I really think Garber was looking for a way (or an incident) to clamp down on things (streamer) thrown onto the pitch. By making his statement in conjuntion with the incident in Columbus he basically is laying the blame on a fans outburst on things being thrown onto the playing field. He totally ignores the real problem (racist outburst) and singles out something totally seperate (streamers) as the culprit.
    The other thing Garbers statement does is make the supporters of the Crew the sole culprits in this ruling which they are not. EVERY club has had supporters group or fan throw something other than streamers onto the pitch or at players at one time or another. With Garbers comments he basically has laid the ground for the fans of the Crew to be unwelcome by other groups throughout the league.
    That's how I see it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's normal.
    Exactly!!

I think part of the problem is the kids that run from other sections to pelt streamers at opposing players.
    They are just doing it to do it...