El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Edu to Sunderland / Middlesbrough

Tribal Football isn't very reputable but interesting nonetheless...

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=95418

Sunderland and Middlesbrough target Maurice Edu was given little chance to impress Premiership scouts in action for the USA last night.

The Toronto FC star and former MLS rookie of the year is being tracked by both Boro and Sunderland, but only had 15 minutes in the USA's defeat to England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, just says they are targetting him, I still think Villa have the upper hand.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's out of left field...

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some guy probably just pulled those teams out of his ass since they're "middle of the pack" premiership teams.

But as werewolf said, O'Neill from Villa had a good look at him last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the worst football site on the internet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Probably the worst football site on the internet.
    no way it can be worse then mlsrumours, they make news postings about our threads!
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    no way it can be worse then mlsrumours, they make news postings about our threads!
    He said FOOTBALL site. not BULLSHIT site. MLS Rumors makes Faux News look good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mlsrumours is the NBC news equivlent of sports sites.
    Animals Eaten:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honeslty, with him playing like way he is (poorly) and still getting playing time with the USMNT, we should sell while the market is hot for underdeveloped americans. I think as time passes, his valuation will be lower. Time to sell. We don't need him the way we are playing. Plus he is gone for the Olympics anyways. Bring Hemming back hahaha
    Last edited by DigzTFC!; 06-06-2008 at 03:38 PM.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    Honeslty, with him playing like way he is (poorly) and still getting playing time with the USMNT, we should sell while the market is hot for underdeveloped americans. I think as time passes, his valuation will be lower. Time to sell.
    I think he's not producing as well as last year because he's been pushed back to more of a defensive mid role with Robbo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha...I first read this story at MLS Rumors.....so they must be a shit site if they are getting their info from another shit source....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    I think he's not producing as well as last year because he's been pushed back to more of a defensive mid role with Robbo.
    I kind of disagree. I think the role of Edu has been lost. He isn't making hardly any tackles and definately isn't a threat up field as he was last season. Our new additions have possibly overwhelmed Mo. To be honest I really think Mo would be better off in a different environment where he could be more of a focal point or the go to guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how EPL teams recruit these days...is it just through international matches and friendlies? If the EPL wants to pay for Mo, sell him. Ricketts has been more impactful this season and had dropped to championship. Not sure how Mo will fare in the EPL

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mo would not be able to cut it as the "go-to" guy on a Prem team.

He's been solid as a two-way mid this year and definitely contributes in the buildup. With his more defensive role, he's not as visible as last year, but he's still been effective in doing what needs to be done.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Maurice is protecting himself - maybe he fears getting hurt on the turf and doesn't want to take undue injury risks with all this transfer talk

He has never, not once, made a slide tackle at BMO.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ though it's proven that less injuries happen on FieldTurf.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just think he needs to live up to this hype everyone keeps giving him thats all. I don't see him as this two way threat. I can't think of any great through balls or game saving tackles he's made this season. It would be a shame to let him go, but if he's going to live up to all this hype he keeps getting he needs more of the ball. As someone seeing him develop it would be good to see him go, obviously from our prespective it would suck. I can't see Mo getting more of the ball with guys like Guevara and Ricketts. I'm not bashing Edu I just think hes totally lost out there. Finally I agree Jack there's no way he is Top flight quality.
    Last edited by Cambridge_Red; 06-06-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Mo would not be able to cut it as the "go-to" guy on a Prem team.

He's been solid as a two-way mid this year and definitely contributes in the buildup. With his more defensive role, he's not as visible as last year, but he's still been effective in doing what needs to be done.
    how could he possibly be the 'go to' guy on a prem team if he will never be the go to guy on an mls team.

he has great athleticism, but his ball control, shooting and passing are average at best.

last year he mentioned that robbo and o'brien were teaching him to react quicker with ball, and this year it is evident that he still needs work there.

there still may be some upside but 'solid 2-way mid' is hardly the way to describe his play this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo's one of only three MLS players added to the USMNT roster for the game on Sunday. I think he's been underperforming so far this year to be honest. I hope the international exposure is a benefit to his game for TFC's sake. He looked way more engaged in the game against LA than he has this year I thought and he started against Spain. I wouldn't be surprised to see a deal worked out with a reasonable sized club in Europe with a loan deal like Altidore. Not this season but maybe next. Depends on whether or not he shows well in the international & MLS schedules this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edu is heartless... I donno why any european team would want him on their team...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

may it's time to not put up edu banner for one or put it upside down could send a msg to him to smart up or get lost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what sould i do with his player banner ,sould get him to sign it and sell it on ebay or just thow it out . I do not know if he would even want it . It just has his name & number on it