Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a question??

Why is it in almost every single formation is Gerba either starting as a solo striker? IMO he has scored one goal and done pretty much squat since... He continually gets the start, yet the only true forward sits on the bench?

IMO Danny must start and if you play a 4-4-2 then pair him with Gerba, but if you are play a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 Danny must be the center forward.

Also White shoudl not see the field unless we are blowing the other team out or we are getting killed. All of the games are important and there is no need to throw him into the fire. Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    I really don't like Vitti on the wing... personally. I find his best games have been when he's playing through the middle.

Totally agree. He needs to be playing in the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I agree with everything but no love for Guevara?

Yeah I know. But I feel like with Amado, we get one quality game from him (mostly against KC it seems) and then he'll have games where he disappears for long stretches - I'm begining to question how much the guy has left in the tank. Going with Shaughno suggestion of putting Vitti in a more central role, I propose this MoFo

-----------------Frei

-----Nana-------Gomez------Feligna

----------Cronin-------Sanyang

--Wynne---------Vitti-----------Brennan/Gala

---------DeRo---------Gerba

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    I have a question??

Also White shoudl not see the field unless we are blowing the other team out or we are getting killed. All of the games are important and there is no need to throw him into the fire. Just my 2 cents
    Why? He's 6-1, mobile, and of his three shots so far, two have been on net and one created enough of a problem for Jerzy Dudek for us to score on the rebound, because he put it where strikers are supposed to put it: wide and low.

If Danny can't start, I'd start white. Why not?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do we know that Parke is trialing?
    Any proof of this?
    I do believe that Charles/Van Dijk are here tho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Difficult to speculate about Van Dijk's quality or potential impact, but I do like the idea of having an offensive utility player, maybe even someone who can impact the game as a sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Why? He's 6-1, mobile, and of his three shots so far, two have been on net and one created enough of a problem for Jerzy Dudek for us to score on the rebound, because he put it where strikers are supposed to put it: wide and low.

If Danny can't start, I'd start white. Why not?
    I disagree completely he is unproven and I disagree you can not take any from the Real game as that was a joke from a competitive standpoint What stresses me is that Cummins states he is going to play his best 11. He never has IMO.

White has potential but do not but him in a position when there is pressure and expect him to produce. It is critical for us to produce points

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Has he accepted?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah what's the deal with this?

Sounds like an exciting signing, I'd love to see him sign on and do well as a flair player on the right.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds a little weird to be training with the team today if you rejected the offer, but who knows?:

Dominique van Dijk trained with TFC again on Friday, wearing the No. 29.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2009/...region=ontario

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree completely he is unproven and I disagree you can not take any from the Real game as that was a joke from a competitive standpoint What stresses me is that Cummins states he is going to play his best 11. He never has IMO.

White has potential but do not but him in a position when there is pressure and expect him to produce. It is critical for us to produce points
    He's 23 years old. Until his injury he was, bar none, the best striker in an NCAA that included Chris Pontius and Mike Grella. I agree he is not experienced at a professional level, but anyone who a) has that pedigree and b) scored 23 goals in a single season against a series of college players who have collectively stepped directly into MLS, doesn't deserve to be dismissed with "He is unproven."

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that a Cone of Silence has descended over this thread... Any updates from 'Those in the Know'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy looks like an interesting signing, but is there that much sense of signs players with 9 games, if he signs early next week, to go in the season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    This guy looks like an interesting signing, but is there that much sense of signs players with 9 games, if he signs early next week, to go in the season?
    Well you still have playoffs potentially, and even tho it may only be 9 games until then, they are the most important games of the season... if they think he'll help then i'm all for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any news?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torfchamilton View Post
    Any news?
    The transfer window has now closed. A deal now is simply impossible under MLS rules, unless I'm mistaken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a free agent, I think he can sign after the 15th, but before Sept 15th (the trade deadline).

But MLS makes up its own rules as it goes along, so who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    But MLS makes up its own rules as it goes along, so who knows.

It hurts because it's true...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, uh, good call there, coach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, uh, good call there, coach.
    So he misses a sitter in the first half from 7-8 yards out, does nothing else but scores a goal and he is the second comming????

Come on man I am happy for the kid but lets be realistic here. He is a nice piece of the puzzle, but the team was lucky DC did not show up.. I don't want to sound negative but if you look at what he did as whole it wasn't much.

But what ever we won yeah for us and good for him to notching his first goal

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not calling him the second coming but missed a sitter? That ball was goal bound with speed before a fantastic block by the defender. Go ahead and argue your points but dont make stuff up... doesnt help anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That blocked shot by White happened right in front of - lack of match fitness was evident there. The time between his touch and his shot was a lot longer than it would have been if he was fit.

We aren't going to see what this guy can truly offer until next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    That blocked shot by White happened right in front of - lack of match fitness was evident there. The time between his touch and his shot was a lot longer than it would have been if he was fit.

We aren't going to see what this guy can truly offer until next season.
    wow...stole the words right from me...was gonna say the exact same thing. The fact that he even controlled that ball and steered it in the right direction with his first touch is good enough. The shot was late but that is due to the lack of playing games and getting into the rhythm and pace of the game. You can tell White has something to offer. He'll just be getting better and better with every game that goes by...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Back on topic...

what's going on with van Dijk?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    Back on topic...

what's going on with van Dijk?

yes - what is the scoop on this??

is it still alive after the window or does the Aug 15 window not apply for this offer??

and does anyone have any idea if anything else is happening i.e Charles etc.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he misses a sitter in the first half from 7-8 yards out, does nothing else but scores a goal and he is the second comming????

Come on man I am happy for the kid but lets be realistic here. He is a nice piece of the puzzle, but the team was lucky DC did not show up.. I don't want to sound negative but if you look at what he did as whole it wasn't much.

But what ever we won yeah for us and good for him to notching his first goal
    ^^^ very true. Ibrahim's first goal was impressive too, and uhhhh look how he's panned out. Besides, White was slow, cumbersome, kept getting knocked off the ball and missed headers. He scored, but i don't think it was breakout performance.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    yes - what is the scoop on this??

is it still alive after the window or does the Aug 15 window not apply for this offer??

and does anyone have any idea if anything else is happening i.e Charles etc.?
    The international transfer window is now closed. Van Dijk would fall under the "international" classification. Thus, a deal is now impossible unless the free-agency rules somehow affect this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    The international transfer window is now closed. Van Dijk would fall under the "international" classification. Thus, a deal is now impossible unless the free-agency rules somehow affect this.
    from what i understand, we have until Sept 15th with players like Van Dijk since he's currently unattached to a team

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    from what i understand, we have until Sept 15th with players like Van Dijk since he's currently unattached to a team
    If that is so, then we may yet see a deal. He trained with TFC as recently as Friday. I don't know about today's sessions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still left hanging...