Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kinda torn on this. On one hand I really don't give a rat's ass about the Impact supporters. On the other hand, I feel like all Canadian soccer fans have to sorta stick together with regards to this issues.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I'm kinda torn on this. On one hand I really don't give a rat's ass about the Impact supporters. On the other hand, I feel like all Canadian soccer fans have to sorta stick together with regards to this issues.

We really do need to stick together if we have to put up with this nonsense for national team games, it looks like there will be just as many (or more) games there then at BMO.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by egoodwin View Post
    if that is the case...

MLS should turn it's back on Montreal and award to Vancouver instead... Really that is disgraceful, and that could easily turn a hotbed into a Kansas City like team...

Wtf is with Saputo...

i don't think MLS cares about the fans, actually i know that MLS can't care less what fan's think and you really need to work to make them listen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vancouver treats their supporters just as poorly as the impact treat theirs.

Personally, at this point, every team joining this league should be like a Toronto, Phily, Seattle: pro-fan, pro-supporters, real atmosphere. It pays the bills and makes the league more marketable.

If Vancouver and Montreal can't mesh with that, no soup for them, they can stay in the USL.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed 100%. Franchises just aren't going to thrive in MLS if the fans take a back-seat to all other considerations. On the flip side, as I've mentioned before; I actually think the Impact supporters aren't doing nearly enough to make themselves heard. The squeeky wheel gets the grease, afterall.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Stick together and fight for your rights as supporters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Soccer in this country will never thrive if supporter groups are treated like shit. That's why we all have to stick together in a way. It's the "real" fans that help make the game what it is, if you take that away you end up with the downright boring and horrible experience fuelled only by corporate ticket sales - Leafs game anyone? No atmosphere. A shity team and crazy ticket prices.

The problem with Canada is that this country is slowly reverting to Communist mode via an abundance of rules and regulations that are limiting people's liberties. There are rules for everything and more rules and restrictions implemented on a daily basis. People need to fight this shit and a soccer stadium is one such place. We need to fight for our rights as supporters, plain and simple!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No banners I'll never agree with but if it has expletives it will be confiscated most places. I hope the ultras relations with their club improves because they are the difference between them entering the league like we did or ending up another MLS soccer mom team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chip_butty View Post
    Yikes maybe Canadian cities don't automatically "get it"

Sounds like UM02 is having trouble even with banners:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702848

Not good. They also had netting from day 1.
    Fuck Montreal Impact and fuck their Ultras.....

THEY DESERVE IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by t.o_moose View Post
    yeah.. why all this sympathy for Montreal?

...I mean.. fuck 'em, right? They hate us, why should we care about what happens to them?
    QFT

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe BMO isn't so bad

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who cares. Micky mouse club in a micky mouse league.