Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    question, weren't we all suppose to get scarfs with our ticket???
    You're joking right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that Serioux was asked "How's it going out there?" and his answer was "Can't you see for yourself?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As per Toronto Star:

Garber met with reporters at halftime and lauded the "remarkable development" of the Toronto franchise and said he's confident the temporary grass put in place for the game will become a permanent fixture...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Surprise this hasn't been said yet ...

Garcia is god awfull ... I know he was facing Real Madrid out there but he was on the field for 45 minutes and made mistakes that led to 2 goals ... and it could have been more
    His pace gets him in trouble every time. He's just a little too slow in pretty much every situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Surprise this hasn't been said yet ...

Garcia is god awfull ... I know he was facing Real Madrid out there but he was on the field for 45 minutes and made mistakes that led to 2 goals ... and it could have been more
    There's no point in trying to analyze the game or hold certain players accountable...we were playing vs. Real Madrid, we knew before the game that we were going to get smoked - we had no chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    You're joking right?
    the goltv one's?

i thought for 3 digit price they'd be able to thrown in a scarf

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    DeRo just said the result was embarrasing.

so was his play...what else is new!! just back in ftom TO...thanks to MLSE,TFC for putting on this great entertaining match..something i hope
    happens more for TFC and BMO over the years...is was a great day, result
    aside...TFC were competitive but were up against what might? be Europes top team, although not convince of that...even the wrong spelling of Toronto on the team creat on the TFC_real scarf was not a downer
    bit not surprising at the addidas boxes indicated they came from the addidas plant here in Brantford!! our clame to fame.. well done Reds and all the loyal supporters who made it out..22,000 and chance a new BMO attendance record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    the goltv one's?

i thought for 3 digit price they'd be able to thrown in a scarf
    Ah, are you referring to the north stand? I think I may have heard something about that actually. Was it in the TFC e-mail announcing the new seating?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

I am going to miss the big guy next year.
    I'm missing him this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    This was a tough but fun night...

I loved the fact that we got a goal but to me, the TFC moment of the night was when Marvell gave Ronaldo a 5 yard head start and took the ball from him...

Now I know how fast Marvell is!
    that was nice to see...my g/f and I were just discussing in the first half that they should have set up a race between them for the half time show.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it was the men vs the boys tonite. sad to say but true. thought our lads did pretty well. under the circumstances. xo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but that game was probably the biggest joke of a soccer match I've seen.

Going by the reactions of the crowd and the commentating, you'd think we were watching a Real Madrid league match at home. For every one mention of a Toronto player, you'd here another five for Kaka or Ronaldo. This wasn't presented as a Toronto FC friendly, it was a Real Madrid love-in.

Up until tonight, I really couldn't have cared less about the game or the RM players involved, but after watching ten minutes of the first half and maybe thirty minutes of the second half, I had enough of the circus. Judging by what I was seeing and hearing, you wouldn't think there were any TFC fans that showed up, or even watching the television feed given the play-by-play and pitchside reporting.

Not wanting to get into the argument of the validity of friendlies, the case for grass, and all that; the fact remains that it was presented to me in a very badly biased way.
    Too bad you didn't splash the cash.. cuz it was well worth it. And maybe if more RPB's did I wouldn't have lost my voice so soon trying to get chants started in 112.

I've been to exciting Premiership games at Anfield, but I saw some play that was on another level tonight. If many of the members on here had of bought tickets instead of pretending not to watch on TV, maybe we could have protested during the game with proper chanting and banners. It was amazing to see our boys play the galacticos, and it sucks that I had to cuss at the Madrid supporters in the south end just to enjoy it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone get a RM-TFC scarf at the practice last night... they werent selling them tonight because they were recalled. "Toronoto FC" ......oops someones going to get fired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo just said the result was embarrasing.
    Hey Shakes, are you going to argue with DeRo?

Btw, what's your name again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the sad thing is....we Scored against RM....and not PR!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robert32 View Post
    anyone get a RM-TFC scarf at the practice last night... they werent selling them tonight because they were recalled. "Toronoto FC" ......oops someones going to get fired
    If this is true! thats foolishness!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me MOST things about TFC just seem a little bit off. It's the way we play, and the way we carry ourselves through a season. The fact that we had to go and win by 4 goals in Montreal to win the Canada Cup - followed by failure in Puerto Rico against a team so clearly inferior to us in every way ... and now of course we are left in a struggle to make the play-offs (again). Nothing appears to come easy for us. It's uphill all the way. We've struggled, lost some big games, and so before our game against DC we pause to get a serious beating by RM - and pay for it as well. Masochistic much?

And it's not just the way we play the games. It's the FO and the media as well. This overhyped game that the media called the biggest game we've ever played. I mean, WTF??? That SERIOUSLY insulted me as a TFC supporter. It was a meaningless friendly against, granted, a massive club. But so what? 6-1 in MTL was the biggest game we've ever played. And next weekend we'll certainly play a game 10 billion times more important to TFC than the RM game will ever be. Unless we're now a club that puts friendlies above league games? Although, granted, the way we're scheduling friendlies in the middle of our season I can understand why people would feel that this is indeed the case. It is disrespectful of the game and our ability to compete at our very best. RM is great for pre or post-season, but not mid-season. I felt bad enough about our play as of late already - those 5 goals today didn't make me feel much better.

And if the DC game is less important then people really need to check with themselves why they even bother supporting a team if they'd rather watch a friendly against RM than make the play-offs.

Respect the game. No cheerleaders. No mid-season friendlies. Real grass. Roof atop supporters to create a more hostile environment. These are basic conditions for any proper club. Let's cut the ears of Mickey Mouse and send him back to Disneyland where he belongs.

Today, though, BMO was RM's house. And we let them have it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was almost worth the cost alone to see Gala score that goal. How does the coaching staff reward him? They sub. Ibrahim in to play in his position a few minutes later and push him back to defense (I know Gala plays as both a defender and midfielder, but it's clear where he's most effective). Why on earth management rates Ibrahim ahead of Gala is beyond me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post

I was surprised to see Barrett get all pissy. Very unprofessional especially when it was a friendly that didn't really mean anything. Glad to see Cummins learned from his past mistake and pulled him off the field.

For those of you suggesting Barrett becoming a defender, I think it would be a waste of his passing and workrate which is quite decent. And now that we are seeing a bit of a temper, we have enough problems in the back line without having to worry about cards. Make him a central midfielder.
    I was surprised at Barrett's attitude too, and he seemed pretty perturbed when he was subbed out too...hmmmmm

I think he should stay on the right midfield, if he is brought in at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    It was almost worth the cost alone to see Gala score that goal. How does the coaching staff reward him? They sub. Ibrahim in to play in his position a few minutes later and push him back to defense (I know Gala plays as both a defender and midfielder, but it's clear where he's most effective). Why on earth management rates Ibrahim ahead of Gala is beyond me.
    The move wasn't about anything other than giving as many players as possible to get the chance to play against Madrid...there was nothing tactical about any of the moves so its difficult to come to the conclusion that management rates Ibby ahead of Gala.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good game, enjoyable to watch. Nobody got hurt, except for Barrett's feelings. A fair scoreline, not as bad as it could have been. Hopefully gave CC a look at some players that don't get much of one. A solid week off now before the biggest game of the season. Nuff said!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They showed a few highlights in NZ, well Real celebrating a goal. Shame about the scoreline but as said above could have been worse esp if old whats his name was playing. Good luck for the next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

Bravo Super ... well said ...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it's not just the way we play the games. It's the FO and the media as well. This overhyped game that the media called the biggest game we've ever played. I mean, WTF??? That SERIOUSLY insulted me as a TFC supporter.
    Amen!! This pissed me off a lot as well. Try explaining to everyone who asked why I was missing the game (who, oddly enough, all agreed that the extra cost was ridiculous) that even Madrid is one of the best teams in the World, this game is JUST A FRIENDLY and not even a big game, let alone the biggest we've ever played....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gomez is solid in the back

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I'm missing him this year.
    He's going to get two different coaches fired this year. Because they wouldn't play him.

That is a Ripley's Believe It or Not set of facts.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

Ronaldo is fun to watch. I don't understand why people hate him.

Because he is an arrogant, petulant, diving little bitch? Good article in The Star today about what an arsehole he is. He is a first rate talent no doubt, but he is a third-rate person.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but that game was probably the biggest joke of a soccer match I've seen.

Going by the reactions of the crowd and the commentating, you'd think we were watching a Real Madrid league match at home. For every one mention of a Toronto player, you'd here another five for Kaka or Ronaldo. This wasn't presented as a Toronto FC friendly, it was a Real Madrid love-in.

Up until tonight, I really couldn't have cared less about the game or the RM players involved, but after watching ten minutes of the first half and maybe thirty minutes of the second half, I had enough of the circus. Judging by what I was seeing and hearing, you wouldn't think there were any TFC fans that showed up, or even watching the television feed given the play-by-play and pitchside reporting.

Not wanting to get into the argument of the validity of friendlies, the case for grass, and all that; the fact remains that it was presented to me in a very badly biased way.
    Precisely why I didn’t buy my ticket.

Gimmick game. Foreseeable storyline. Absolute “RM love-in” as you put it so entirely.

I’m glad it was an absolute joke, and I hope that every last (superficial) RM supporter (and even the few loyal ones) were grossly disappointed and regretful of their purchasing decision.

One small step in the wrong direction for RM in agreeing to come over here and play this team. One massive step in the wrong direction for our Reds! I can see dropping some very valuable MLS standings’ points in the near future while this team shakes off the embarrassment of this meaningless (for RM) and undoubted humiliation.

You wanna talk “Epic fail” you need not look any further than this sideshow of an event.
    Last edited by Blazer; 08-08-2009 at 07:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part time supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC FORZA RPB View Post
    Let's all say goodbye to Marvell Wynne, soon we will see him playing in Europe
    Yeah, it was great to see that he could pull his finger out of his arse, when the international talent scouts are watching.