Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Strikers

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Our Strikers

We all know that we should get a DP striker to make this team really good ,i like Dichio but with the team and the speed we have now he is not good enought o be a lone striker out there ,too slow doesnt move with the ball gets rid of it fast,well and Cunny is Cunny since last year the games he played he did not show me enough so many chances 1on1 last year and no goals,i am glad we have Robert and Amado now But still hope for a DP striker
    :scarf:TFC #1
    Legia Warszawa,Chelsea
    Away Trips: Columbus 08, DC 08,New England 09,Seattle 09, New York 09,New England 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, but who exactly is out there that TFC can get?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put Lombardo back into the lineup, with Robert feeding him, he'll surely brake his goal scoring drought.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think so he is like a energizer bunny all over the place with no result
    Legia Warszawa,Chelsea
    Away Trips: Columbus 08, DC 08,New England 09,Seattle 09, New York 09,New England 10

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's one thing to get service of balls, it's another thing knowing what to do with that service...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as much heat as I gave Samuel, it would of been interesting to see what he could have done with this midfield for a few games.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was not that bad and with the wings we have now might preform better plus he had a strong shot on goal
    Legia Warszawa,Chelsea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio doesn't really work all that well with our current formation. Cunny just seems to not care anymore. Sad, really, he has great pace and could do well on this team. I think we seriously need to look into a new striker this summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anelka. Can we oh can we?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mario Balotelli?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Footy Show a while back had opinions on "realistic DPs". That Greek guy Charisteas (sp?) was mentioned although I'm not sure if he is a striker. From what I've seen of him, he would be decent but I think we could do better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    The Footy Show a while back had opinions on "realistic DPs". That Greek guy Charisteas (sp?) was mentioned although I'm not sure if he is a striker. From what I've seen of him, he would be decent but I think we could do better.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charisteas

yep. I remember this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super Pippo!! Until then, Dichio rules!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post

He looks ok, he has decent strike rates in good leagues. Pippo would be great, while not impossible very unlikely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should give Jarrod Smith a chance upfront; he has a couple in preseason, one during the season and he's a natural target man, not a winger. As well as he's played for a first year player, he deserves a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd give Smith a shot as a striker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've like what I've seen from Smith, and I've heard he has had great results with TFC reserves, so I say we give him a chance to start sometime soon.
    Last edited by Global_Warning; 05-15-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smith should get some playing time.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smith will definetly get playing time... as will a lot of the bench over the next 2-3 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really look forward to seeing more of the bench, not because I want TFC to field a lesser team, but because I'm eager to see more of them, Tébily in particular. And who knows, maybe Carver will discover someone on the bench who can perform even better than a starter, thus improving our team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

striker wise: We're not looking so good. Dichio is a servicable striker, and i love the guy and everything, but i really think he is better suited to play one half per game. Don't get me wrong, I still want him to start and play in every game.

With the current roster that we have, i'd play Cunningham more. I'd actually bring him for the entire second half (or by the 60 min. mark at the latest).

It's a weird situation because i really think this guy can contribute to the team. However, it looks like he's clearly at odds with Carver. Maybe Jeff thinks a little too highly of himself and he's not being a team player? If that's the case then he's fucking himself more than anything. I just hope this thing resolves itself.

Smith as a striker is intriguing. Who knows ho he'd do... maybe worth a shot if the cunnungham issue will never be fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dichio reminds me of Jan Koller and as such we would need a Milan Baros to play beside. I vote Baros affordable and still good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although older, TFC should have a look at Henrik Larsson. Even at his age he can prove to be an exceptional forward in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

What about trying out Xavier Balc? FIFA08 has him rated a 64 overall But I agree, give Smith a couple games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Dichio reminds me of Jan Koller and as such we would need a Milan Baros to play beside. I vote Baros affordable and still good
    i've been a Baros fan for ages. Ya.. that guy can put the ball in the net. I bet Dichio would like a pairing of that nature.

When there was talk in the summer of Maciej Zurawski coming over the the MLS, i thought he would have been an amazing fit in Toronto.

We need some Slavs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    i've been a Baros fan for ages. Ya.. that guy can put the ball in the net. I bet Dichio would like a pairing of that nature.

When there was talk in the summer of Maciej Zurawski coming over the the MLS, i thought he would have been an amazing fit in Toronto.

We need some Slavs!
    Let's hope he plays well in the EURO, I think thats the only reason he stayed in Europe

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cant believe whatI am hearing here. . . .

So we get a hot new midfield with power pace and skill and we feel that DANNY D cant keep pace???

Im not so sure we are wathing the same thing here. . . here can play 90, he IS a great target man, and now that he does not have to strike from long range, a simple flick can get to space and past the keeper, . . .something we have seen planty of from him.

Wold it be NICE to have a young Phenom at his side for a possible 2 striker set-up? damn right. I mean. . "his armband said he is a red" kinda nice. .

But I for one will not sit here and piss on DD. . the legacy, the history, and the future. . is in his hands, we need him on the squad, we need him to start. He is our starting striker. . get behind him. . or get the fuck out.

I feel its sacriligeous. . Shame on all of you.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think our DP should be a striker, we have enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    I cant believe whatI am hearing here. . . .

So we get a hot new midfield with power pace and skill and we feel that DANNY D cant keep pace???

Im not so sure we are wathing the same thing here. . . here can play 90, he IS a great target man, and now that he does not have to strike from long range, a simple flick can get to space and past the keeper, . . .something we have seen planty of from him.

Wold it be NICE to have a young Phenom at his side for a possible 2 striker set-up? damn right. I mean. . "his armband said he is a red" kinda nice. .

But I for one will not sit here and piss on DD. . the legacy, the history, and the future. . is in his hands, we need him on the squad, we need him to start. He is our starting striker. . get behind him. . or get the fuck out.

I feel its sacriligeous. . Shame on all of you.
    I've been sticking up for Danny D all this time, but the fact is, he is 33, and he is losing pace.

Sooner or later, TFC is going to have to find another number 1 striker. (I'm betting someone is coming in during summer transfer window)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    I don't think our DP should be a striker, we have enough.
    The thing is we will be ridding of Cunny to get him.
    Its almost certain.