Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mo Isn't Going Anywhere

He's already signed a 2 year extension that the team hasn't yet announced...they're waiting apparently til the fans are a little less restless...so to the Mo haters....RELAX...life is too short....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo isn't going anywhere: and neither is TFC with him in charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT, ME WORRY?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think our performance this year is due to Mo, he's brought in Dero, Serioux, Gerba and picked up 2 gambian kids that look stellar, he also went after JDG with a DP offer. On paper we should be playing a lot better then we have, I think Cummings and the players are to blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    I dont think our performance this year is due to Mo, he's brought in Dero, Serioux, Gerba and picked up 2 gambian kids that look stellar, he also went after JDG with a DP offer. On paper we should be playing a lot better then we have, I think Cummings and the players are to blame.

Agreed 100%. We have talent, it just isn't being managed well. We need a new coach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was also Mos job to have some solid defenders in and we havent got that yet, cant say id want to sign him for another two years yet and ive got a pretty clean record as far as mo bashing is concerned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo must GO.. whoever endorses this long ball bullshit has to go. In 2007 when Mo was in charge, the long ball was rampant, and ever since Carver and now Cummins, the ball is still flying around like a tennis match.

No more Long Ball

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We asked for DeRo, we got DeRo, we wanted a good striker we got Ali G, we wanted a DP and he pursued JDG. I just cant say that Mo isnt doing his job, to me it looks like hes giving us all we want. He even tried to impove our defence with serioux, garcia and the gambians, and even by drafting a defensive mid in cronin and frei to replace a struggling aging goalie. If anyone is to blame it is cummins or the players themselves.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I realize we are all unhappy. The only thing we ask is that we keep discussions like this inline with board rules.

Which means whatever is said about Mo, let's keep the personal stuff out of it ok?

Not that anyone has done it yet in this thread...but it eventually happens. And when it does, this was your only warning.

Discuss away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I realize we are all unhappy. The only thing we ask is that we keep discussions like this inline with board rules.

Which means whatever is said about Mo, let's keep the personal stuff out of it ok?

Not that anyone has done it yet in this thread...but it eventually happens. And when it does, this was your only warning.

Discuss away.
    Lol i think I speak for many when i say that there is nothing PERSONAL with pointing out someone`s incompetence... He han;t done anything to me neither he has to the club...

Man I can;t wait till the time comes when Montreal and Vancouvver make the play offs before or us... Because until then there always will be excuses made by MO and the people who think he is competent...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo definitely has brought in better players this year than in the previous 2. However, building a football team is not as easy it might seem on "Trophy Manager".

TFC is a below average/bad TEAM made up of a bunch above average/good players (not as many good players as some people like to think but I can't argue that there are some good players on the roster).

These players simply don't fit together. They remind me very much of last year's Toronto Raptor squad (they looked good on paper but the reserves were very thin, the coaching situation wasn't good, they can't play D and ultimately the team underachieved horribly).

Coupled with the indisputable fact that some previously key players have become rapidly diminishing assets as this season has progressed, you get this team that looked pretty decent on paper but a pretty pathetic much of the time on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    Mo definitely has brought in better players this year than in the previous 2. However, building a football team is not as easy it might seem on "Trophy Manager".

TFC is a below average/bad TEAM made up of a bunch above average/good players (not as many good players as some people like to think but I can't argue that there are some good players on the roster).

These players simply don't fit together. They remind me very much of last year's Toronto Raptor squad (they looked good on paper but the reserves were very thin, the coaching situation wasn't good, they can't play D and ultimately the team underachieved horribly).

Coupled with the indisputable fact that some previously key players have become rapidly diminishing assets as this season has progressed, you get this team that looked pretty decent on paper but a pretty pathetic much of the time on the field.
    Bang on.

And to anyone who argues "it's the players fault" then the obvious answer is "we have the wrong players."

Soccer players who don't gel, aren't smart on the ball etc don't become good just because they're actual technique is good.

"It's the players fault" effectively is the same thing as "it's the gm's fault", unless they all have a prior track record of success to demonstrate they are underachieving.

This lot, in terms of team play, does not have that track record. Even the players who've won individual accolades (namely GUevara and DeRo) have been criticized as too individual.

It's time to rebuild. This squad will go nowhere without a serious ego-rebalancing, an infusion of younger, hungrier talent and some tactical adjustment to the North American game.

Mo's own scouting obviously isnt' good enough to figure out a cohesive team pattern and makeup, so being able to sign the odd guy on a good deal isn't that valuable a skill to us.

I predict many, many years of mediocrity. For one, the only way things will change with our current squad is if the young guys become league dominators over the next three years. First, that assumes we can keep them within the restrictive financial framework of MLS.

Things are bleaker that some folks seem to realize, with respect to us becoming competitive.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm stoked Mo is staying, there is no better GM in the league!!! He has brought us this awesome team that everyone loves... Why would anyone change that. Give him his five years and then judge him. Mighty Mo!! Mighty Mo!! Mighty Mo!! Mighty Mo!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey kingpin i hope u are joking.

All of your posts u seem like a dumb ass

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to my ignore list, The Kingpin.

You've been a supreme jackass as of late.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

Discuss away.
    El Moderalisimo has spoken...

I'm in the keep Mo camp. It can't be asy brining in good players to TFC with the turf and the international rules etc vs the US teams. Remember we had no USL team to iport like Seattle did, and the decent Canadians were otherwise employed when we started. But over time Mo is bringing them home and also brinign down the average age of the squad very nicely. he's also pulled some master strokes in this seaon's draft and knows the elague inside out, including how to deal with other GMs and what they need/want.

Unless someone is available who can do all that and more (they might be, I don;t really know, no-one seems to really) then any change is a backwards step, and god knows we don't need any of those right now!
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SamK View Post
    We asked for DeRo, we got DeRo, we wanted a good striker we got Ali G, we wanted a DP and he pursued JDG. I just cant say that Mo isnt doing his job, to me it looks like hes giving us all we want. He even tried to impove our defence with serioux, garcia and the gambians, and even by drafting a defensive mid in cronin and frei to replace a struggling aging goalie. If anyone is to blame it is cummins or the players themselves.

its time to focus the blame on the players..they showed very little interest in PR and thats is their fault..i doubt CC said , lets go out there and play like shite tonight? where is the leadership on the field? from the captain? from the star players? its been missing most of the season..we cant finish
    from 18 yrds out...and thats a killer...
    Last edited by mighty_torontofc_2008; 08-05-2009 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by menefreghista View Post
    Mo isn't going anywhere: and neither is TFC with him in charge.
    Most excellent sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually agree with mighy to an extent.

The players got to take some of the blame. Brennan runs around doing jack and not leading by example.

There is a lot of selfishness and I've just about never seen a true "team goal" from this side in it's 3 year history.

The finishing is still a problem and I notice almost all of our shots go to the keeper. If the aim was to shoot at the keeper we'd be #1 in the league.

However Mo brings in these players and Cummins coaches them. They deserve to be smacked too.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is a joke right. Mo isn't going anywhere?

NO KIDDING. Who would want him? He has no here, and I mean nowhere to go. We are his one and only option. Nobody or no other team would sign him.

Please wake up and realize this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MO, MO, SUPER MO
    MO, MO, SUPER MO
    MO, MO, SUPER MO
    SUPER MAURICE JOHNSTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure fire him... but do you have anybody with his experience to hire?

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not Mo, then who? I'm not being cheeky, I'd just like to hear realistic suggestions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for those that want Moe out, i would probably think again,

threads have been started in this forum, begging the club to bring in names like Gerba, JDG, or some defenders(re Garcia?)

And look what happens, he managed to bring in Gerba and another defender in Garcia, JDG, I guess was out of his hands, but he seems to be reasoning with us supporters, and bringing in the players mentioned within these threads along with a few other additions of his own. So you can't really pin this down all on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with you vpjr

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    However, building a football team is not as easy it might seem on "Trophy Manager".
    haha. I wish it was that easy in TM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to keep saying this until people stop saying that MO brought in DERO. Dero was gifted to him...Dero wanted to come here and he put pressure on Houston to trade him, and MO was gifted DERO. Lets not give him credit that please. Look at the value players get in this league (trade value wise) when they demand to be traded. So please please...enough of that.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^pft, Mo's flat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC FORZA RPB View Post
    for those that want Moe out, i would probably think again,

threads have been started in this forum, begging the club to bring in names like Gerba, JDG, or some defenders(re Garcia?)

And look what happens, he managed to bring in Gerba and another defender in Garcia, JDG, I guess was out of his hands, but he seems to be reasoning with us supporters, and bringing in the players mentioned within these threads along with a few other additions of his own. So you can't really pin this down all on him.

Who the F*** asked for fat Ali G and Garcia ?
    Whoever it was go and get your heads checked now.

Johnston has no idea how to build a team.
    Imagine if he had to operate on a shoestring like most GMs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gerba was brought in the fill the Canadian content...and will be the star player on this team once he settles in....Garcia has been great why knock him...we have far worse problems on the team then them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Gerba was brought in the fill the Canadian content...and will be the star player on this team once he settles in....Garcia has been great why knock him...we have far worse problems on the team then them
    Gerba will never be the star player...he carries too much weight and does not have enough quality.
    As for Garcia...do you watch him ?
    Has he ever marked a player out of the game or read a situation correctly ?