Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do we even need a GM?

Do the Revs have one? Houston?

Just get us an experienced MLS head coach, and pay him well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    At least we didn't have a royal brainfart to give up four goals in 25 minutes.

Remember Darwin Quintero asswipe.
    lol... you aguys are funny i would rather give up 10 goals in the final than not make to group stage at all....just saying they got way further than we did... we didn;t even get to group stage... such a "SOLiD TEAM MO HAS PUT TOGETHER"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I am more concerned with what happened after. I only wish TFC would have gone that deep in the CL.
    what happened after the Impact`s epic choke job is more telling to me as to why he is not yet ready for primetime. Clearly not a strong enough leader.

Limniatis still needs to earn his stripes. His act in Montreal was inevitably going to hear thin. I admit to being surprised it wore out so quickly but I wasn`t surprised he failed to finish the season after the way their CCL run ended.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    We should have played danny and gerba. Gerba will be our lead scorer for the rest of the season I will put up 100$. But we needed both of them in there, and as I said a simpler game. That is when we had chances.
    Exactly. Gerba isn't athletic enough to be left on an island up front by himself. That's why he was mostly rendered ineffective. And the decision to put him up there alone for most of the game, was made by Cummins.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, this sux.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta say I think this one is on Cummins too. Why wait so long to bring in Dichio? I mean, what the hell was he thinking? Dichio should have been in at the half.

Is Dichio hurt and we just don't know it? If not, then it doesn't make any sense at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Yes, I believe Mo has nothing to do with setting the line-up or the play on the field.

This team is structured as a North American team and there's been no evidence it's operating any other way. Even Carver said there was no interference in running the team and he hasn;t said otherwise yet.

Now, I think it's that way so Mo can insulate himself and say to his boss that it's not his fault, the coach is screwing up... so we probably agree on that. There's no advantage to Mo to be involved in the play on the field, he can only lose that way.
    Not quite sure what you meant there, but the product on the pitch IS the result of Johnston's work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Gerba needs the P90X... at one point I thought he was taken off the game... he was M.I.A. for the last 20mins...
    Gerba was missing in action because of the lack of quality service. You can't just punt the ball to the box and cross your fingers that your striker is going to beat the defenders in the air. Which seems to be the way this team wants to play. Guevara was missing in action for 70 minutes and he is supposed to be our midfield general, for lack of better words. Unless you can get quality service upfront you can't do shit. Not even Torres could score with this midfield supplying him the punt it into the box service. When a team plays like Puerto Rico you have to be creative and patient. They were crowding the middle so you have to switch the ball and change your point of attack. If you hoof it into the box, well that's what they want you to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post

Exactly!!!

well the reason we do is because MO suck shit on the field... and since he is such a buddy buddy with MLSE... how could they let him go? are you kidding me... This guy will be in the organization for ever...if you think they;ll fire him even if we don;t make the play offs... keep dreaming...NOT GONNA HApPEN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better service?!? Can't the man create something on his own?!?! Fuck give me some PRO service and I'll score for TFC.... I'm 5'9 and 200lbs just around Gerba's weight and height...
    Seriously this constant scape goating is useless. Todays problem was our tactics we are a much more talented team. Our tactics were the same as last week, and suprise suprise we had the same result. I will put money on Gerba, as I said to Giambianc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were a post away from extra time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Free Agents View Post
    What a joke. This team has ZERO soccer IQ. DeRo just played awful. So many stupid plays from everyone on the field. Fuckin terrible.

your just finding that out about deRo now? one attempt when way over the net, it was like he was trying to eliminate the moon in one shot..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    This debachery lies with Cummins.

Anyone pointing fingers at Mo is pointing a finger squarely at the supporters also. Serioux, DeRo, Gerba, White, Brennan.
    All players the majority of supporters wanted that Mo signed.
    If Mo has a lousey eye for talent, than we all do.
    That is ridiculous. Are those the only 5 players on the team? Clearly Serioux, DeRo, Gerba and White have not been the problem the majority of this season ... Brennan, you have a point, but with the other 4, I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Mo has failed to sign a competent central defender along with not signing a proven goal scorer, bringing in an incompetent coach after firing another incompetent coach and not utilizing the DP spot that is just rotting away at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strategy is the blame game .
    for that i want to crap on .. TFC..
    guys what the hell..
    cummins what the F#$%... If this game was winnable we would have seen dero from day one..

I blame all this shit on natural grass.. which we don't have...

Sorry trying to distract..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright... I'm staying away from the boards for a bit... write off this game and move forward...

I just hope we don't beat RM 2 - Nil... that will sting for weeks..
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch us beat Real Madrid after all this!!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    lol... you aguys are funny i would rather give up 10 goals in the final than not make to group stage at all....just saying they got way further than we did... we didn;t even get to group stage... such a "SOLiD TEAM MO HAS PUT TOGETHER"
    Farther, but exited in a much worse way. That royal brainfart cancels out any goodwill that the Limpact earned themselves.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post

The problem with the GM position is it gives a layer of protection to the incompetent Mo Johnston. What has he ever really achieved since retirement as a player? What justifies a new contact? What will it take to fire him? Will he be there for 1,2,3,4 more coaches under him? When will the madness end? The buck stops with him.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THA BUTCHA View Post
    Players that need to go:

Carl Robinson (Absolutely NO Creativity and we pay this guy quite a bit)
    Jim Brennan (Can you really call this guy a leader. I would prefer to see Gomes take his spot for the rest of the season)
    Chad Barrett (has poor touch and ZERO soccer IQ)
    Agree with the first 2. Barrett I used to hate, but he has been improving and I agree some of his passes tonight had me screaming WTF are you doing, but I think he also does quite a bit of good too. I when he has the ball about 65% of the time he makes some decent plays, but then there is the 35% where is looks like an idiot and those stand out way more.

As for Robinson, is it just me or does it seem like he is afraid to have the ball?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tml View Post
    Watch us beat Real Madrid after all this!!!!
    I've heard the Real Madrid C Team is quite tasty.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    We were a post away from extra time.
    And how much better could that have been?
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't blame DeRo for striking from 45... he's gotten goals from there before and frankly... his option was Gerba who wouldn't have out manoeuvred a cow tonight...
    Flush, that's exactly my point - no other option than to strike from 45 yards because we don't have the ability to work the ball into decent scoring opportunities on a consistent basis through the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better service?!? Can't the man create something on his own?!?! Fuck give me some PRO service and I'll score for TFC.... I'm 5'9 and 200lbs just around Gerba's weight and height...
    ??? so you agree pro service is needed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright... I'm staying away from the boards for a bit... write off this game and move forward...

exactly what i was thinking flush..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    What a fucking lackluster effort. We brought DeRo in to fucking shit the bed and shoot from over 40 yards out twice??

Tonight we seen what alot of the team really looks like when it's on the line and it really should scare all of us.

DeRo, Vitti, Barrett, Brennan, Robbo all out to fucking lunch tonight.

Best players on the pitch were fucking Dichio and Frei.
    WHAT one thing i hate about these boards is that people hate no matter what, barrett has missed some chances but thats been tfc's problem as a team hence our top scorer is dero a midfielder. Chad barret has improved alot i like him on the wing he started the play that we scored on in ne, and i think his shot if it didnt hit gerba woulda challenged the keeper.

i agree brennen dero and robbo were not good tonight...vitti has soo much skill but needs to know when to pass.
    dichio and frei played good?????????frei wasnt challenged when he was he let it go and it almost went in it hit the post.....dichio besides his miss was nowhere i dont blame him as he shoulda been brought on earlier and needed better service.

I love the double standard on these boards if barrett missed the same chance dichio did everyone would be going nuts right now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    If you get rid of CC, then yes, I could see an argument for ridding us of Mo too, and making a clean break. That said, I don't blame Mo for these two displays. The players that failed us, weren't the "bad" ones - it was guys like DeRo. That's why I think it's a failure of tactics.

- Scott
    That's exactly the problem here. We do have a much better team than Puerto Rico, but had a perfect plan in place on how to beat us - and it worked. Cummins is definitely to blame here. Obviously the players are to blame as well, but a different coach may have been able to get more out of them - and wouldn't have accepted this sort of performance any day of the week. It's really a shame because I do like Cummins. But I'm starting to feel that maybe he needs to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Yes, I believe Mo has nothing to do with setting the line-up or the play on the field.

This team is structured as a North American team and there's been no evidence it's operating any other way. Even Carver said there was no interference in running the team and he hasn;t said otherwise yet.

Now, I think it's that way so Mo can insulate himself and say to his boss that it's not his fault, the coach is screwing up... so we probably agree on that. There's no advantage to Mo to be involved in the play on the field, he can only lose that way.
    SO you are saying... that IF CALderon has fired all his current players and just hired the entire TFC taem And if Pellegrini doens;t win anything is all the coaches fault??
    Because that;s exactly what you are saying... EVen the best coach in the world is helpless with our squad...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Play Dichio, Goddammit...

....our two best chances over 180 minutes against PR were from DD, who played 25 minutes over the two games.

It makes me sick. The coaching staff are worrying about whose feelings will get hurt if they don't play, instead of which starting 11 will give us the best chance out there.

I don't care whose feelings are hurt, we're a better team with him on the field.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That would be complete shite. Even if they are up for that game, I am going to be realy pissed. After tonight they should not give a shit, they should be thinking about this loss, and trying to focus on our next league game. Fuck RM. Fuck friendlies, by the way they do contribute to our problems.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flush...there is ZERO chance that will happen.

If Madrid wants to, they can pump 4 goals per half on this team. it wouldn`t take much for them to pull that off.

You can be sure that the players will really hustle on Friday...to trade shirts with someone from RM.