Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Tom could give a shit.. That's $3-4M down the drain.
    Just like he gives a shit about the Leafs and/or the Raptors winning.

If he gave a shit, he'd ensure the capital needed to advance...he has failed to give the Club the necessary resources.

It's not about money down the drain...its about managing the bottom line.

Like Leaf fnas...we keep coming...ohhhh...but if you wish to drop $200 bucks on Friday's game...Tom will supply Real Madrid for you...

“We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    True, but I consider that a virtue.

Really though, getting wound up and screaming for everyone to die and be fired like a 5 year old, is pretty useless. I'd prefer to talk about what went wrong, and what needs to be done to fix it.

Calling for the entire team and management to be blown up every time we play some shit games, isn't realistic.

- Scott
    At some point though, do you not feel it's time to cut your losses and take a new direction? I've said it all along, will continue to say it until he leaves, Mo needs to be fired and replaced with a competent GM who has the ability to hire a competent coach. What would it take for you to feel that Mo should Go? The apocalypse?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    True, but I consider that a virtue.

Really though, getting wound up and screaming for everyone to die and be fired like a 5 year old, is pretty useless. I'd prefer to talk about what went wrong, and what needs to be done to fix it.

Calling for the entire team and management to be blown up every time we play some shit games, isn't realistic.

- Scott
    +1, but sometimes damn it is therapeutic.

The strategies were very amateur, we seemed lost, and we let them walk all over us. The players felt like they were having a collective brain fart, and subs...if it ain't working -- FIX IT! I don't fucking care if the sub needs to be done at the 16th minute. If someone fucking stinks, TAKE THEM OFF!

We had to be ruthless, and we ended up crapping the bed at the sight of the idea.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*lack of tactics
    *lack of passing abilities
    *lack of desire

Is it the coach or players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by profit89 View Post
    It's the tactics. That's the real problem, more than any individual player.

I have saying this for a while. I still would give Cummins a chance, but I have been disapointed in some of his decisions. To be sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mouhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Failed!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    There isn't much you can do when every one out there has no interest in advancing to the group stage.
    That sums it up. I'm going to sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anybody really expect this team the make the playoffs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was expecting this forum to have alot of negativity in it after getting kicked out tonight, but not this much.
    They put a shit load of pressure on PRI most of the game but couldn't finish...I'd like to know how much of the game was spent in their half...it seems to me 2/3 at least.
    If Dichio's post shot went in, half the people posting in here would be all positive and happy about the teams performance...
    oh and CONCACAF refs are a joke. Serioux wasn't even touched on that red card call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THA BUTCHA View Post
    Does anybody really expect this team the make the playoffs?
    not a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    What great shots? Were you watching a different game? I had visions of Collin Samuel out there... Gerba was completely ineffective... he doesn't have a first step... in fact by the time he is doing his first step the defender is already on his 3rd...

Gerba is strong I'll give you that... but he boxes his man outside the box and turns for the kill... one-on-one and boxing the defender without the heat beign a factor is when Gerba is at his best... he was being doubled at times...

Gerba should have been out by the 55th minute...
    I completely agree ... maybe I had unrealistic expectations from him considering his recent goal scoring pedigree with the national team but he, along with the rest of the team, was very poor tonight. It is fair to say that he was shit although it is equally irrelevant as the rest of the team was not any better.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by colman1860 View Post
    Two extremely dangerous free kicks. Two headers which missed the net by inches.

In short, more than you've ever accomplished. Try making a positive post. Just once. You can even copy+paste somebody else's. Try.
    are u talking about the 2 dangerous kicks from 40 yards out??

he didn't get his head on any balls becasue he can't jump more than 6 inches in the air.

Best chance of the night was Danny in the 15 minutes he played. Best chance in the previous match was Danny D in the 5 minutes he played.

Enough said. If Danny D was in there longer and Gerba out, we would have had a goal.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren View Post
    At some point though, do you not feel it's time to cut your losses and take a new direction? I've said it all along, will continue to say it until he leaves, Mo needs to be fired and replaced with a competent GM who has the ability to hire a competent coach. What would it take for you to feel that Mo should Go? The apocalypse?
    Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!

If only one person is fired...FIRE MO JOHNSTON.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gerba is not bad.....it's the team service that REALLY REALLY SUCK!! i have never seen such garbage crosses in my life. Right now teams are not beating us, we are letting them win because our inability to control the ball around the area thus the lack of goals.
    This is what we look like around the area.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobblers View Post
    lots of slagging on individual players, which is somewhat justified after tonight's performance, but I think the real issue is that we don't have any idea how to go forward. We play long ball with no target man in, we play one striker when we're down a leg, and we don't have the team understanding to play simple one-twos to get around a single player. Garcia and DeRo striking from 45 yards sort of underlines this. Why are we playing Robbo, Cronin, and Guevara all in deep roles - it's redundant. We are we not building an effective midfield - everyone speaks that our midfield is the best in the league - maybe in individual talent but we haven't moved the ball well through the middle of the pitch all season - it's disjointed - the gap between our lone striker and central midfielder(s) is huge and has been all season...

Anyway, losing's part of football. On to the next league game...
    You can't blame DeRo for striking from 45... he's gotten goals from there before and frankly... his option was Gerba who wouldn't have out manoeuvred a cow tonight...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section225 View Post
    not a chance.
    +1 There is no way in hell we are making the play-offs, there is more chance that MLSE will lower its beer prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    Limniatis proved that, when the chips are down, his team choked. Limniatis doesnt have the experience this team needs.

There are more experienced pro coaches in the CSL and that is not even a tiny exageration.

I am more concerned with what happened after. I only wish TFC would have gone that deep in the CL.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olgier View Post
    Mouhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Failed!!!!
    At least we didn't have a royal brainfart to give up four goals in 25 minutes.

Remember Darwin Quintero asswipe.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olgier View Post
    Mouhahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Failed!!!!
    Thank you. I was trying to find something on youtube to cheer me up, and you just reminded me.

Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a fucking lackluster effort. We brought DeRo in to fucking shit the bed and shoot from over 40 yards out twice??

Tonight we seen what alot of the team really looks like when it's on the line and it really should scare all of us.

DeRo, Vitti, Barrett, Brennan, Robbo all out to fucking lunch tonight.

Best players on the pitch were fucking Dichio and Frei.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THA BUTCHA View Post
    Players that need to go:

Carl Robinson (Absolutely NO Creativity and we pay this guy quite a bit)
    Jim Brennan (Can you really call this guy a leader. I would prefer to see Gomes take his spot for the rest of the season)
    Chad Barrett (has poor touch and ZERO soccer IQ)
    the highlighted one is the only one i disagree with just because he works the hardest on the team...
    I would add to the list Guevara... VEry selfish .. all he does is shoots at the net every time he gets the ball.. and has a brain of adime as someone said here... He adds nothing to the TEAM....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This debachery lies with Cummins.

Anyone pointing fingers at Mo is pointing a finger squarely at the supporters also. Serioux, DeRo, Gerba, White, Brennan.
    All players the majority of supporters wanted that Mo signed.
    If Mo has a lousey eye for talent, than we all do.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    utter shite.
    No tactics
    hoof it long
    shoot head up from 30 yards
    low percentage crosses from the brainless skipper all fuckin match
    Vitti strutting around doing fuck all
    utter shite'
    I agree with everything else but the bolded statement. I guess you missed his 2 headers on the net which other than Dichio's post shot and one of Gerba's strikes were our best shots at goal. I think he was actually one of the better players on the field (along with Wynne) tonight unlike some of the others who were just launching. It wasn't a specific players fault, it was a team failure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by napoli73 View Post
    Gerba is not bad.....it's the team service that REALLY REALLY SUCK!! i have never seen such garbage crosses in my life. Right now teams are not beating us, we are letting them win because our inability to control the ball around the area thus the lack of goals.
    This is what we look like around the area.
    Better service?!? Can't the man create something on his own?!?! Fuck give me some PRO service and I'll score for TFC.... I'm 5'9 and 200lbs just around Gerba's weight and height...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LucaGol View Post
    The underlying problem on this team is that there is no trust or cohesiveness among the 11.

Body language does not lie.

Second that.. never played like a team..

If the players cant play good together that is the coaches fault.. they definitely are better on paper..

too many chiefs not enough indians..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section225 View Post
    I was expecting this forum to have alot of negativity in it after getting kicked out tonight, but not this much.
    They put a shit load of pressure on PRI most of the game but couldn't finish...I'd like to know how much of the game was spent in their half...it seems to me 2/3 at least.
    If Dichio's post shot went in, half the people posting in here would be all positive and happy about the teams performance...
    oh and CONCACAF refs are a joke. Serioux wasn't even touched on that red card call.
    we only had so much of the ball because they let us and we still gave the ball up cheaply we had maybe 2 quality chances on net dont forget they hit the post once to.

the ref was bad both games, frei was fouled on the goal in the first game he was ran over, and this game we shoulda got a pk...then the ref gives them a phantom red that meant nothing to make up for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I have saying this for a while. I still would give Cummins a chance, but I have been disapointed in some of his decisions. To be sure.
    1/Cummins is inept.
    2/Johnston has failed.
    3/The team isn't good enough.

Until MLSE realise point 2 then point 1 and 3 won't improve any day soon.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    lol i really don;t understand you.... if i am correct you are part of the group that think that mo has nothing to with the play on the field... i think mo has more to do than cummins....
    As someone has said here before... can;t do a tasty chiken salad with fresh chicken shit... so yea

Next on the agenda... NOT make the play offs...

Followed by a 2 year extension to MO.... Awesome...he really deserves that one...
    Yes, I believe Mo has nothing to do with setting the line-up or the play on the field.

This team is structured as a North American team and there's been no evidence it's operating any other way. Even Carver said there was no interference in running the team and he hasn;t said otherwise yet.

Now, I think it's that way so Mo can insulate himself and say to his boss that it's not his fault, the coach is screwing up... so we probably agree on that. There's no advantage to Mo to be involved in the play on the field, he can only lose that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    are u talking about the 2 dangerous kicks from 40 yards out??

he didn't get his head on any balls becasue he can't jump more than 6 inches in the air.

Best chance of the night was Danny in the 15 minutes he played. Best chance in the previous match was Danny D in the 5 minutes he played.

Enough said. If Danny D was in there longer and Gerba out, we would have had a goal.
    We should have played danny and gerba. Gerba will be our lead scorer for the rest of the season I will put up 100$. But we needed both of them in there, and as I said a simpler game. That is when we had chances.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    +1, but sometimes damn it is therapeutic.

The strategies were very amateur, we seemed lost, and we let them walk all over us. The players felt like they were having a collective brain fart, and subs...if it ain't working -- FIX IT! I don't fucking care if the sub needs to be done at the 16th minute. If someone fucking stinks, TAKE THEM OFF!

We had to be ruthless, and we ended up crapping the bed at the sight of the idea.
    I think Cummins is part of the problem. His tactics and subs have been crap for quite a while now. After the past several weeks I'm beginning to support his removal.

If you get rid of CC, then yes, I could see an argument for ridding us of Mo too, and making a clean break. That said, I don't blame Mo for these two displays. The players that failed us, weren't the "bad" ones - it was guys like DeRo. That's why I think it's a failure of tactics.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens