Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Hopefully one day this club's actual team will equal it's support.
    Or something that can actually happen soon......the supporters can tone themselves down to equal the product on the field.

Blindly chanting and singing/cheering day in and a day out for a team that plays crap day in and day out sends no messages to the player, FO or other fans.......

TFC fans in my opinion seem to be adapting the same mentality as Leaf fans.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bargh, we're out of the competition, so as much of a pissoff as it is, I'm moving on to the DC United match on the 15th

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    From the 1st game the PR CBs were clearing every ball in the box - solution by CC: not start our tallest forward then keep pumping crosses into the box.
    and dont feed the long balls to your target man when you do sub him in

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    That's being rather generous.
    We aren't Red Bulls bad but we aren't good either.

Mediocre suits us perfectly. We can win and play well one game and then fuck things up for a stretch.

We are just mediocre. And mediocre = No playoffs = Fire Mo and Cummins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I cannot believe how many people refuse to aknowledge that managers and tactics make a huge difference in footy. IF THEY DID NOT THE ISLANDERS WOULD NOT HAVE BEATEN US.
    Barely anyone is not acknowledging that fact. We all know Cummins is a sub par manager. However, tonight the loss lies squarely on the players as NO ONE played well. Clearly they were not interested in playing more games while not making any additional money in the process. Sure, Cummins could have made some key tactical substitutions but whatever ... we should have never been in this position in the first place. I would be pissed at Cummins if this was an out lier performance. Unfortunately shit like this has been par for the course for this team over the past 3 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section225 View Post
    I was expecting this forum to have alot of negativity in it after getting kicked out tonight, but not this much.
    They put a shit load of pressure on PRI most of the game but couldn't finish...I'd like to know how much of the game was spent in their half...it seems to me 2/3 at least.
    If Dichio's post shot went in, half the people posting in here would be all positive and happy about the teams performance...
    oh and CONCACAF refs are a joke. Serioux wasn't even touched on that red card call.
    Thank you for not wanting to sell the farm! Maybe changes need to be made, but I think that Cummins put out THIS YEAR'S top team and they could not produce. It is now time to try out some different, younger, players (Sanyang, Gomez, Nana to name a few), and some different formations (4-4-2; or at least a system with 2 strikers).

I think they did look tired, can't blame them after three really tough games (Crew, PRI, NE) in such a short time... and that effects emotions as well. They also need to play better as a team, true, but this may be a blessing in disguise as they can rest for the playoff push, and when they make the playoffs everyone can sing their praises again.

Great job by the fans down there, represented TFC well!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForestGlade View Post
    Bargh, we're out of the competition, so as much of a pissoff as it is, I'm moving on to the DC United match on the 15th
    at least the team can't use CCL games and fatigue as an excuse if not make the playoffs this year
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Funny, thing is that I am realy starting to feel that we have a team on the field. Is our managment there. I am not sure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you fail to score a single goal against a USL team in 3 hours of play you know the team is in need of a major overhaul. Before the defense was the most criticized, but clearly offense is questionable.

Gerba is good but he needs someone that can play the majority of a game with him. Barret works hard game in and out but his final touch on crosses or shots just isn't there... ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Nicol reached those finals with an unremarkable team. Sure he lost all four, but he won the Superliga, which is an achievement in itself.

I'm sorry Beach, were it not for Nicol the revs would be one of those teams we look forward to playing and not the persistent menace they were till we beat them at home this year.

We could do a hell of a lot worse than Nicol, and actually, we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    From the 1st game the PR CBs were clearing every ball in the box - solution by CC: not start our tallest forward then keep pumping crosses into the box.
    spot on. I gave up counting the number of crosses from the edge of the bloody 18 yard box especially by Brennan in both matches. It is SUCH a low percentage ball yet he persisted in this for both matches - to a packed PR defence and no big target man (aside from the cameos by DD then Brennan was subbed off).

Make the sprint or have an overlapping teammate- if you get to the damn by-line and whip it in anything can happen. So, some such moves would break down, you still have a better chance of sneaking a deflection/scramble than you do with those bloody hanging crosses that the defenders were eating up over the tie.

Clueless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After the recent string of stinging matches, theres no better time to strip the band off jimmy, give it to dwyane, and set this ship on a new course.

But that won't happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    you're not going to find many coaches in MLS who led a team to 4 MLS finals
    Yeah, most would get fired after 0-2 or 0-3.

Okay, really, I'm kidding, it would be great if he came here but that doesn't sem too likely so we need to find the next Nicol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Barely anyone is not acknowledging that fact. We all know Cummins is a sub par manager. However, tonight the loss lies squarely on the players as NO ONE played well. Clearly they were not interested in playing more games while not making any additional money in the process. Sure, Cummins could have made some key tactical substitutions but whatever ... we should have never been in this position in the first place. I would be pissed at Cummins if this was an out lier performance. Unfortunately shit like this has been par for the course for this team over the past 3 years.
    Sure the team was flat, very flat. But we lost the first game, as we failed to put the ball in the box, and we got burned on the counter, something that was happening from like the fith minute of the first game. Yet we did not adjoust. The only thing that kept us in that PRI is a very untallented team, particullarly in the last third of the field, they win through defence, tactics and discieplin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I agree with everything else but the bolded statement. I guess you missed his 2 headers on the net which other than Dichio's post shot and one of Gerba's strikes were our best shots at goal. I think he was actually one of the better players on the field (along with Wynne) tonight unlike some of the others who were just launching. It wasn't a specific players fault, it was a team failure.
    fair comment. But for me , he encapsulates the frustration of this bloody team tho'. You can SEE the quality but something just isn't right.

I think his stats are 2 goals 1 assist in 20-odd matches. Not good enough, and FFS would he please PLAY to the bloody whistle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cummins has to go, it appears he can't inspire this team to do jack shit. That was an embarrassment to Toronto. The players seemed to have no cohesiveness, no sense of urgency and no pride.

Barret is a shit striker, and he sure as hell can’t deliver the ball well. What good is he? His first touch is appalling.

Gerba is obviously unfit at the moment, I do however have confidence that Winsper can get him into shape, supposing Gerba actually wants to.

Can someone tell me what Garcia was doing taking a shot (in the last minute) from 30+ yards out as opposed to delivering a good ball to someone like Dichio?

Not that is has any bearing on the pathetic football we played tonight, but what the hell was with the ref? A straight red for the PRI dude, missed penalty calls...etc etc...

FYI, the "Miracle" in Montreal was just that, a fucking miracle, one of which I doubt we will see again for a long time.
    Last edited by flambe; 08-04-2009 at 10:28 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    We are just mediocre. And mediocre = No playoffs = Fire Mo and Cummins.
    Mo should've been fired last year. The fails he have delivered is just...mind boggling.

DEATH TO THE LONGBALL!
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyeddo View Post
    After the recent string of stinging matches, theres no better time to strip the band off jimmy, give it to dwyane, and set this ship on a new course.

But that won't happen
    We must demand that he be stripped of the band. Or it won't happen.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Why do we even need a GM?

Do the Revs have one? Houston?
    Csz it's the MLSE corporate structure.
    Shield yourself from as much criticism as possible so no one takes the blame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot believe it. We're done in early August in all competitions. Again.

F##$$%$#$%$$$%#@@#$$k!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

F##$$%$#$%$$$%#@@#$$k!
    I saw it coming when they announced the Real Madrid game.

You still think these friendlies are useful or necessary?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

F##$$%$#$%$$$%#@@#$$k!
    We're not done in MLS, and there's no other competitions we could still possibly be in other than the CL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry I bet you Mo will get us a Brazilian and JDG right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I hope they let the academy play Real Madrid. They deserve the privelege more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    Don't worry I bet you Mo will get us a Brazilian and Arse Shavin right away.
    fixed

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the hell wasn't Barrett playing the first 58 minutes???

We need some goals for f--- sakes!! Who else can be as prolific as him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't fucking believe this shit. TFC better focus on making the playoffs and not let the opportunity slip. I am very disappointed. Something needs to be done about this team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForestGlade View Post
    A lot of the players/staff saw this competition more important than making the playoffs believe it or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dcdcdc View Post
    Why the hell wasn't Barrett playing the first 58 minutes???

We need some goals for f--- sakes!! Who else can be as prolific as him
    What?! That better be sarcasm.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    A lot of the players/staff saw this competition more important than making the playoffs believe it or not.
    they sure showed that on the field tonight

i was so proud of the hardwork and heart the lads showed tonight

-Eduardo Galeano