Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by napoli73 View Post
    I have said it before and i will say it again....as long as Brennan is our leader and starting every game this team will never succeed...time for Gomez. i am tired of watching this team put crosses into the box at any given chance.....i could understand if we were good at it but we SUCK at it.
    Brennan looked like a fat slob tonight.

There, I said it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    This debachery lies with Cummins.

Anyone pointing fingers at Mo is pointing a finger squarely at the supporters also. Serioux, DeRo, Gerba, White, Brennan.
    All players the majority of supporters wanted that Mo signed.
    If Mo has a lousey eye for talent, than we all do.
    1) I'd rather he ignore what fans say they want if the resulting team wins. That's job self-presevation on his part, not an admirable trait.

2) Gerba and White don't fit into the equation, Brennan is now three years older than when the team started.

3) Mo put together a technically talented lineup made up of core components that failed in other leagues for the samer reason: poor onfield decision making.

Every single one of these guys, save for DeRosario, is a key player who, while we may like them, couldn't hold down a starting job at their previous teams (which is why Guevara insisted on leaving Chivas):

Barrett (has lived up to his Chicago rep)
    Vitti (great skill, but it's clear why he had two pro goals in eight years.)
    Robbo (distribution insn't consistently strong enough,and, again, is three years older and slowing down).
    Brennan (converted winger who has lost a step and is caught upfield regularly)
    Guevara (former MVP turned emotional nutjob turned weird mixture of MVP and emotional nutjob.)
    DeRosario (Seems to believe he can score at will, but can't, doesn't trust his offensive teammates.)
    Gerba (Good finisher, but immobile and therefore relies on service)
    Serioux (Good defender with occasional technical lapses with ball at his feet, seems brittle as eggs)
    Garcia (too short, too slow, makes very poor overly emotioanl decisions, like lunging in and blasting a shot from 40 yards.)

If none of these guys was a smart enough overall team contributor to stick at another MLS team or at their previous Euro team, what made Mo arrogantly believe being here would somehow magically fix that?

We need players in the athletic American mold, who can be improved on and developed technically but already have the physical skills and intelligence to compete in MLS and CONCACAF. They have to be young enough to be hungry and preferably from this hemisphere, for matters of pride.

If he can hang onto them (dubious given the cap) Mo has built some important cogs for a good future team (The gambians,, Cronin, Frei, maybe White, Ibby for sure). But that's three or four years away, and it shouldn't be necessary to wait for competence, at the least.

We should clean house on the senior team, keep the most important cogs (Frei, Attakora, Gomez Sanyang, Cronin, Ibby, OBwhite), introduce a tactically proficient managment team, and sign some workhorses with brains.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    How do you know? We haven't had the "best coach in the world" yet - or even just a "really good" coach. We've had John Carver, and his former Luton Town Academy coach apprentice.

Mo didn't tell DeRo to go out there and play like shit tonight. Mo didn't tell Vitti, Guevara, or anyone else to go and lay an egg.

We weren't let down by the "shit" players Mo has brought in tonight - guys like Velez. We were let down by proven quality players, and bad coaching.

- Scott

but the fans wanted shit players like DeRo in here....Mo has got to stop listening to the fan base and do his job the right way by getting players that will help the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boudge View Post
    OUR first year.....

Seattle was prepared! They got Jundgberg for fuck sakes... anyways that's it
    LOL

Don't wanna get the blood boiling
    I don't know who you are talking about but there was nothing stopping TFC to go out there and sign a player prior to the start of the season 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the fact that garcia and brennen started over gomez was criminal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cambridge_Red View Post
    we lost 1-0 on agg wtf does brennan have to do with this? fucking stupid stop bashing this guy people I'm sick of it
    Bashing will stop when he proves himself a leader and leads by example....and in a good way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are we talking about ex-TFC players?

Just because Cunny got 4 goals in 1 game, he is now a god to some!!! C'mon, the amount of chances he has missed this year and last year....he is bound to have 1 breakout game every few years.

Why not go back and talk about Casey too.....maybe even Buddle......Esky......ROB......you can go on and on about who we should of kept or not. It's a thread that makes no sense.

How come a Cunny thread wasn't started last week about how good he was?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love dichio, and agree he should be starting, but i think it's worth mentioning that both times he came in when Puerto Rico was inviting us to their end, and we had like 4 strikers on the pitch at once. You can't expect that sort of production from Dichio in the first half. It'd be nice, but its a whole different game in the last 10 mins vs the first 45.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    but the fans wanted shit players like DeRo in here
    WILL YOU FUCKING STOP IT?!!!!

He's scored 8 goals but he's missed a penalty so I guess we cut him.

Guevara missed a penalty but he's scored (I think) 5. Cut him.

Drop the illogical DeRo hating shit. It's getting old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    SO you are saying... that IF CALderon has fired all his current players and just hired the entire TFC taem And if Pellegrini doens;t win anything is all the coaches fault??
    Because that;s exactly what you are saying... EVen the best coach in the world is helpless with our squad...
    Look, buddy, I'm trying to agree with you. But I'm trying to stay within reality. I believe there are other coaches in MLS that could get better results even with our roster. The Puerto Rico Islanders and the Vancouver Whitecaps don't have any better players than the best of TFC.

We got out-coached. It happens all the time in sports and it happens to us far too often. Every time we give away a game in the last five minutes with the weird substitutions we make, we get out-coached. Some coaches are better than others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel much better after making that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I don't know who you are talking about but there was nothing stopping TFC to go out there and sign a player prior to the start of the season 1.

management completely underestimated the market.

If anyone is to blame it's marketing and research that was advising whoever was making descisions!

dude in my opinion we are in year TWO and what the fuck ever if we take some losses. We weren't prepared coming in but we have made serious strides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we lost 1-0 on agg wtf does brennan have to do with this? fucking stupid stop bashing this guy people I'm sick of it
    sorry if the truth hurts and we apologize about offending your cousin.

(I assume your a relative cause only a family member could defend his play)

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

not sure, but it may come down to his credibility. As if players won't be motivated by one so lowly.

"Look, I've played for Norwich City, so listen to me."

But if that's the case, who else is worthy ? DeRo ? Follow me lads (wallops the ball from 40 yds out). Danny ? get's my vote, but you can't really do the job from the bench, eh ? um. Who else is there ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we don't give players a chance to settle and hastily get rid of them...then the team doesn't gel and doesn't win, so we bring in more players...who don't get a chance to gel and we don't win...see a pattern?

only 2 or 3 starters still on the pitch since season one, and only 4 or 5 (including the 3 from the first year) since last season...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boys we are an average team with a very few quality players and alot of average players.Results are not going to get alot better until we add better players not poz ,who had no affect when he did play or a left back who did not get any time in the gold cup.Shit was not gomez one of our better players last game vs PR,and he doesn`t get any minutes.Guys who consistantly play poorly get playing time. We need to add a couple of leaders who are going to replace some weaker players.Mo doesn`t seem to be able to find them.Other teams seem to find them.We are not as athletic as some teams and team speed is slow.We are a work in progress but we are the best team we have in Canada.Unfortunately play-offs look far away.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTF has Brennan done? Please highlight some of the positives because I can't really think of any.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we didnt deserve to win this plain and simple, they looked lackluster and played as much
    disappointed and i hope they feel ashamed.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post

you bastard. When I saw Ali running about v River Plate I thought he looked like Shaquille O'Neal down there. Big and slow. For a big man he does go down rather easily.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im glad hes gone, he was crap while he was here
    look at buddle, had a great season last year and hes back to where he was here,
    expect the same from Cunningham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brennan isn't the greatest player and DeRo should get the Captain's band but we seriously need to do something about getting rid of Chad Barett. He is so shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    1) I'd rather he ignore what fans say they want if the resulting team wins. That's job self-presevation on his part, not an admirable trait.

2) Gerba and White don't fit into the equation, Brennan is now three years older than when the team started.

3) Mo put together a technically talented lineup made up of core components that failed in other leagues for the samer reason: poor onfield decision making.

Every single one of these guys, save for DeRosario, is a key player who, while we may like them, couldn't hold down a starting job at their previous teams (which is why Guevara insisted on leaving Chivas):

Barrett (has lived up to his Chicago rep)
    Vitti (great skill, but it's clear why he had two pro goals in eight years.)
    Robbo (distribution insn't consistently strong enough,and, again, is three years older and slowing down).
    Brennan (converted winger who has lost a step and is caught upfield regularly)
    Guevara (former MVP turned emotional nutjob turned weird mixture of MVP and emotional nutjob.)
    DeRosario (Seems to believe he can score at will, but can't, doesn't trust his offensive teammates.)
    Gerba (Good finisher, but immobile and therefore relies on service)
    Serioux (Good defender with occasional technical lapses with ball at his feet, seems brittle as eggs)
    Garcia (too short, too slow, makes very poor overly emotioanl decisions, like lunging in and blasting a shot from 40 yards.)

If none of these guys was a smart enough overall team contributor to stick at another MLS team or at their previous Euro team, what made Mo arrogantly believe being here would somehow magically fix that?

We need players in the athletic American mold, who can be improved on and developed technically but already have the physical skills and intelligence to compete in MLS and CONCACAF. They have to be young enough to be hungry and preferably from this hemisphere, for matters of pride.

If he can hang onto them (dubious given the cap) Mo has built some important cogs for a good future team (The gambians,, Cronin, Frei, maybe White, Ibby for sure). But that's three or four years away, and it shouldn't be necessary to wait for competence, at the least.

We should clean house on the senior team, keep the most important cogs (Frei, Attakora, Gomez Sanyang, Cronin, Ibby, OBwhite), introduce a tactically proficient managment team, and sign some workhorses with brains.
    I cannot disagree with much that you say. However, I still like what the team as a total could be. HOWEVER, the right tactics have to be employed. With Cummins we have done that more often then with Carver. But I am still not sure that it is enough. Tonight clearly it was lacking.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    WILL YOU FUCKING STOP IT?!!!!

He's scored 8 goals but he's missed a penalty so I guess we cut him.

Guevara missed a penalty but he's scored (I think) 5. Cut him.

Drop the illogical DeRo hating shit. It's getting old.

but 3 of those goals came against Montreal in a game where their effort was questionable at best...so please stop defending him...Houston must be laighing at us after the deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    I mean it's reasonable to claim the product is pretty good for MLS and then blame the fact it is underperforming on the coach.

I do think this roster with a better coach would win more games. This team has controlled many games and then given them away in the last few minutes. Everyone here complains about the way the roster is used, especially towards the end of the games.
    I guess the coach lets in the late goals as well....

Our defence SUCKS... we lost at home because of our defence... BOth of these games were very tight games that should ahve been a tie...

Stop deffending mo... everytime the team f-s up you could blame the coach... even if a new one comes...the reality is that we have NO bench players to come in a change the style of play of fight for the starting 11 roster... all we ahve is players that come in to fresh up the legs... but nothing game changing... who is blamed for that? MO... You jusge a team;s strength by their bench... the truth is we don;t have one...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cochrdoc View Post
    Boys we are an average team with a very few quality players and alot of average players.Results are not going to get alot better until we add better players not poz ,who had no affect when he did play or a left back who did not get any time in the gold cup.
    The team has some good players, but it doesn't really show unless they play as a TEAM. When the team works as a team they play awsome together, but when everyone wants to be the hero, shit like what happened tonight happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yes ... unfortunately goal keepers are part of the game and strikers have to live with that fact.
    No shit. People always seem to excuse the goalie as a person on the pitch.
    He is a player on the field and has to be beaten to score.
    Much like a forward has to beat a defender. If a forward can't get past a defender we say the forward did not play good. Well it's the same thing if the defender is in a fact the goalie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post

clearly a fake...they don't serve pies in Burger King.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    not sure, but it may come down to his credibility. As if players won't be motivated by one so lowly.

"Look, I've played for Norwich City, so listen to me."

But if that's the case, who else is worthy ? DeRo ? Follow me lads (wallops the ball from 40 yds out). Danny ? get's my vote, but you can't really do the job from the bench, eh ? um. Who else is there ?
    You got a point...one player that comes to mind and give it his all...Serioux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dero is i think tied for 3rd i goal scoring. i cant hate on him, he had a poor game tonight, but i think the team has a whole did..

i agree we all do it this hating on a new player every game...i think our team is talented but changes need to be made we keep coming out with the same line up and tactics and keep coming u with the same result.

for example gomez should replace garcia
    we need to sign a solid young lb to give brennen a break
    cronin should take robbos place for a bit
    dichio and gerba should start up front with barret on the wing and white comin in to replace dichio or gerba 2nd half
    atta should replace wynne when healty and wynne should move forward to run the defence wild
    gala needs a chance he showed he can play against river plate
    i would still play guevara and dero in the middle with vitti coming on 2nd half if needed
    soyang should get some time in the mid or defence maybe he can play lb who knows

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    but 3 of those goals came against Montreal in a game where their effort was questionable at best...so please stop defending him...Houston must be laighing at us after the deal
    actually that is oinly mls goals... with montreal game and such i think he scored over 11..