Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default RPB Toronto FC Real Madrid Roll Call.

I know quite a few supporters are going to be sitting this one out due to a whole bunch issues including the cost. I thought it would be a good idea to do a roll call of all those who are going so we know where everyone will be sitting. Cheers and enjoy the game regardless if you are there in person, at a bar and hanging out at home.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somewhere in 112 i hope!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will be in 116

The tickets are not that bad. Anyone who did not buy the tickets is either Broke or crazy.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you forgot the option where people were completely ignoring the game and pretending it doesnt exist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 of us in 123, as usual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    you forgot the option where people were completely ignoring the game and pretending it doesnt exist
    That is my option.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what game?
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make a good point, I know the whole issue of playing mid-season friendlies has been a bone of contention among quite a few people, I was trying not to make this a discussion about your feeling about the game, just if you are going where will you be.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could never support this game and therefore will not be going. Pointless rip-off friendly.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh...
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got given a freebie at work just a day or so ago as I work for one of the partner companies that is a TFC sponsor so I will be there. I feel a tad hypocritical I must say but at least I know MLSE gave the tickets out so I am not helping the corporate coffers at MLSE and I will not be buying any of the merch on offer.
    I have a feeling this will make the 1st game vs Galaxy look like one for the hardcore...plastics and cronaldo shirts everywhere. I may get very angry

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill be in my usual seats in 113.
    c'mon you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering, are the people who have strong objections to this game going to check it out on TV?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ya i was gonna say the same kinda thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    Just wondering, are the people who have strong objections to this game going to check it out on TV?
    no, meaningless, boring game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am exspecting that the atmosphere will be more like a Toronto Maple Leafs exsecutive business mans type atmosphere on friday. Anyone in 112-116 i wont be suprised if you will actually have to sit down because you will be very well out numbered by people yelling at you that they cant see the game from there seat.

Have fun whoever is going!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to see, how one actually controls and passes a soccer ball to ones same team member

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who goes to this game is not the supporter they thought they were. And they certainly should have difficulty calling themselves a Red Patch Boy, as the group as a whole were vehemently against this. Watching my team get thrashed by a far superior squad is not my idea of fun...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Anyone who goes to this game is not the supporter they thought they were. And they certainly should have difficulty calling themselves a Red Patch Boy, as the group as a whole were vehemently against this. Watching my team get thrashed by a far superior squad is not my idea of fun...
    Well I will be there and not sure how you can question my support. I choose to be there and will support my team.

I will be there in my season seats in 115.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I support the Reds til I die, love watching them every chance I get, live for what the RPB stand for, but since you are not a member how can you judge any one who is going to thise game. I think we still will see quite a bit of red in the crowd, Come you Reds, send Cristiano and the billionare boys on their way to Washington with a big defeat to think about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As well...I am not sure where you are getting where the group is vehemently against this? If you show me where the Red Patch Boys have confirmed this mantra...I will be quiet. I have heard nothing of the sort.
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ageroo View Post
    As well...I am not sure where you are getting where the group is vehemently against this? If you show me where the Red Patch Boys have confirmed this mantra...I will be quiet. I have heard nothing of the sort.
    It was the impetus to the protest. It was the moving of the Red Bulls game to support this cash grab. Talk to Jack, he had stated clearly that he was against this. If you support TFC and their success, you'll realise that this game forced a long road trip on the team and shifted important games. I'm not sure how you don't remember this... Anyway, I would expect some rogue 'soccer groupies' to make it to a game that could affect our playoff chances... INSTEAD OF RESTING THE TEAM FOR IMPORTANT UPCOMING GAMES!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was the impetus to the protest. It was the moving of the Red Bulls game to support this cash grab. Talk to Jack, he had stated clearly that he was against this. If you support TFC and their success, you'll realise that this game forced a long road trip on the team and shifted important games. I'm not sure how you don't remember this... Anyway, I would expect some rogue 'soccer groupies' to make it to a game that could affect our playoff chances... INSTEAD OF RESTING THE TEAM FOR IMPORTANT UPCOMING GAMES!
    I understand you OPINION on the matter and all the parameters surrounding this match. I do not need to speak to anyone, as I am well aware of everything involved here. Many MEMBERS will be attending this match whether you like it or not.

Now to the rest of your point.... you are calling me out because I choose to attend this match. I see myself as a Toronto FC Supporter and a Red Patch Boy. My attending of this match does not change this fact. And....as much as it may not agree with your mantra....I do wish for the success of this team. I take offence to you calling me and other Red Patch Boys "ROGUE SOCCER GROUPIES." I apologize that my pedigree does not entitle me to my own opinion on what games to attend or not.

Whether or not this match is ideal or comes at a bad point in the schedule is irrelevant now. The fact of the matter is that this game is taking place and I, and many other RED PATCH BOYS will be attending it. You are welcome to watch from your couch. No one is stopping you.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand you OPINION on the matter and all the parameters surrounding this match. I do not need to speak to anyone, as I am well aware of everything involved here. Many MEMBERS will be attending this match whether you like it or not.

Now to the rest of your point.... you are calling me out because I choose to attend this match. I see myself as a Toronto FC Supporter and a Red Patch Boy. My attending of this match does not change this fact. And....as much as it may not agree with your mantra....I do wish for the success of this team. I take offence to you calling me and other Red Patch Boys "ROGUE SOCCER GROUPIES." I apologize that my pedigree does not entitle me to my own opinion on what games to attend or not.

Whether or not this match is ideal or comes at a bad point in the schedule is irrelevant now. The fact of the matter is that this game is taking place and I, and many other RED PATCH BOYS will be attending it. You are welcome to watch from your couch. No one is stopping you.
    And that is the crux of the matter....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that is the crux of the matter....
    Fair enough...you have said your peace on the matter.

And as a side note to my response and your response. This thread is a ROLL CALL TO RPB who are attending this match. Not a platform to voice disgust with the match and process involved around it. As everyone knows...there are many threads to voice displeasure on this board. This is not one.

The intent of the thread is to see who is coming to the match. So let us keep it at that. Cheers.....

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough...you have said your peace on the matter.

And as a side note to my response and your response. This thread is a ROLL CALL TO RPB who are attending this match. Not a platform to voice disgust with the match and process involved around it. As everyone knows...there are many threads to voice displeasure on this board. This is not one.

The intent of the thread is to see who is coming to the match. So let us keep it at that. Cheers.....
    Very clearly. "Red Patch Boys*", enjoy the match........

^ *The days when it mattered....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very clearly. "Red Patch Boys*", enjoy the match........

^ *The days when it mattered....
    Thank you.....I almost forgot about the good ol' days. Thanks for school lesson......As a side note to YOU and anyone else who has been baffled by this thread topic.

One must read the titles of threads and think accordingly before posting.

You don't like the spirit of the thread...look elsewhere.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    I know the whole issue of playing mid-season friendlies has been a bone of contention among quite a few people, I was trying not to make this a discussion about your feeling about the game, just if you are going where will you be.
    If anyone needs any reinforcement of the intent of the thread...Please read CBlake's post quoted here. Self explanatory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ageroo, I'm with you. I'm a Toronto FC Supporter and a Red Patch Boy, and will jump on any chance I have to see my team play. Whether it's a cash grab, pointless and ill-timed match or not, I'll be there. I'll be in 111 cheering as always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have the means and are able to attend, no fan of the game itself would miss the opportunity to go... I assume those objecting will be watching America's Got Talent instead !