View Poll Results: How will the game against the Islanders turn out?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • We'll win by the goals we need

88 62.41%
  • We'll win, but not by the goals we need

14 9.93%
  • We'll tie

22 15.60%
  • We'll lose

17 12.06%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Aww, don't get choked up because your comparison to Montreal doesn't work. Happens to the best of us.

Aaaaanyway, I think a 2-1 victory is possible, but not if they play like they did in Toronto and, more importantly, not if we play like we did.

Dichio's gotta start to get over the heads of their defenders, bottom line.
    Umm, okay, my comparison?

Sorry, point me to the post where I compare the MTL match to this one plz.

Oh wait, you can't.. because I've never made the comparison.

Hardly choked up about anything, not sure what you were reading, more annoyed with people continuously pointing out how MTL was a 2nd string team, we can't expect the same performance, blah blah blah.. WE ALL KNOW THIS, IT'S NOT NEWS.

Aaaanyywaay... I'm glad to see you agree that this win is possible, I knew we were on the same page all along!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Islanders4Ever View Post
    Sadly, it seems most MLS fans believe that the only other league in CONCACAF worth anything is the Mexican league. While the Costa Rican and Hoduran leagues overall might not be better than MLS - the top clubs in those leagues are more talented than most MLS sides.
    I knew you were going to pick at this point. Luckily, I wasn't talking out of my ass.

Three years ago, Alajuelense was a top Costa Rican side, and among the elite in CONCACAF. They aren't any longer. Only Saprissa is a true power in Costa Rica these days. Look at Herediano and how they got killed by Cruz Azul at home last week.

As for the top Honduran sides, I'd put them middle of the pack in MLS terms. This is based on me having watched quite a few Honduran games over the years. Teams like Marathon, Olimpia and Motagua are overrated, their best players all go to MLS or bigger leagues in Europe.

Islanders4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by yankiboy View Post
    If we lose, I'll still be round from time to time.

Even when Velez leaves, with DC United playing in same conference all.
    I cheer you guys whenever you play anybody other than my those two.

The only reason I had stopped posting here is because I got bumped out of the system sometime last year and was too lazy to register again until recently...
    Same here, ever since Velez I started following the team and cheer on for the reds when not playing Islanders or DCU.

But TFC in particular when playing Seattle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we lose, I'll still be round from time to time.

Even when Velez leaves, with DC United playing in same conference all.
    I cheer you guys whenever you play anybody other than my those two.

The only reason I had stopped posting here is because I got bumped out of the system sometime last year and was too lazy to register again until recently...
    fair enough, and your always welcome. but after TFC win, i just hope we dont have to hear any more talk about how tough the islanders are at home.. lol

PS. will all u islander boyz still cheer for tfc after velez gets released, which could happen as soon as this week?

Islanders4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    fair enough, and your always welcome. but after TFC win, i just hope we dont have to hear any more talk about how tough the islanders are at home.. lol

PS. will all u islander boyz still cheer for tfc after velez gets released, which could happen as soon as this week?

Hmm I probably won't. Before this series, I used to really like TFC as a club. But now, in particular after the beer-throwing etc - I think a lot of Islanders fans (my impression) heavily dislike TFC. I kind of like that new rivalry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I probably won't. Before this series, I used to really like TFC as a club. But now, in particular after the beer-throwing etc - I think a lot of Islanders fans (my impression) heavily dislike TFC. I kind of like that new rivalry
    should'nt dislike a club because one douchebag threw a beer at another douchebag.... the rivaly is nice though, either way enjoy the game tonight. hope there is plenty of for u boyz to drown your sorrows. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope you enjoy hating 1 tfc fan who is not a member of any supporter group, had he been a member of any supporter group, he'd have been booted by now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...after the beer-throwing etc - I think a lot of Islanders fans (my impression) heavily dislike TFC.
    I don't have my finger on the pulse of our supporters like Islanders4Ever (seriously, I got mad respect for that Dude).

I have a very different impression about the "dislike". I think that the incident was used as a sort of rallying cry. I was really salty about it but now am "over" it. (For me it has been talked to death).

I think that when Marco moves a lot of Islanders supporters will move on (which is no big surprise--for many of us, he is an "icon", he is more than just another player); I anticpate that I will be one of the few that still hangs on. One of our guys runs an English langue blog is based in TO. I would guess that he continues to follow the team.

About 15 years ago, I considered emigrating to TO and I adore the city and the greater metro area--besides I am a huge Hip fan (insert jokes here) so deep down, it could be argued that while I was born a Yank I have always wanted to be a Canadian...

I freaking love TO.
    I have ever since my folks took me as kid.
    It is an incredibly special place.
    Last edited by yankiboy; 08-04-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBandit View Post
    what currency do you use?
    Wel.. I wont accept anything less of an Amero... or higher than a Euro lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have my finger on the pulse of our supporters like Islanders4Ever (seriously, I got mad respect for that Dude).

I have a very different impression about the "dislike". I think that the incident was used as a sort of rallying cry. I was really salty about it but now am "over" it. (For me it has been talked to death).

I think that when Marco moves a lot of Islanders supporters will move on (which is no big surprise--for many of us, he is an "icon", he is more than just another player); I anticpate that I will be one of the few that still hangs on. One of our guys runs an English langue blog is based in TO. I would guess that he continues to follow the team.

About 15 years ago, I considered emigrating to TO and I adore the city and the greater metro area--besides I am a huge Hip fan (insert jokes here) so deep down, it could be argued that while I was born a Yank I have always wanted to be a Canadian...

I freaking love TO.
    I have ever since my folks took me as kid.
    It is an incredibly special place.
    I hope no one jokes about the Hip, Gord is legend, and that band is bloody solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If chad barrett plays we will be lucky to even get 1.

TFC RealDeal RPB

I think we will fall short tonight but anything can happen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    I hope no one jokes about the Hip, Gord is legend, and that band is bloody solid.
    yeah, really.

I mean, they may not be the most consistent band of all time, but their live show is an experience everyone should have and Gord's lyrics are brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Puerto Rico was extremely fortunate to escape town with a victory last week. I am confident TFC will get the job done tonight with a victory by a minimum 2 goal margin in regulation time. Guevara's return to the lineup should provide the boost our offence will need against an inferior club...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now's the time for positivity!!!!

COME ON YOU REDS
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'VE GOT ADRENALIN GOING LIKE WALKING THROUGH THE TUNNEL TO BMO ON GAME DAY (but i'm by myself in my living room)!!!! COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ hehe, right on dude. here's hoping they give you something to shout about

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Marvell Wynne has your best scoring opportunity, you know your in for a tough night....PR was the better team over the two legs...our hmm goalscorer(s) failed to show up again.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Mighty seriously, do you even like footy?

Islanders4Ever

Well folks,

Toronto FC exits the CCL via a 0-0 in Bayamon. My respect for the visiting fans, as an often traveling fan - I really think it's great.

Other than that, I guess I expected a more exciting game. TFC didn't look like it had any urgency and the Islanders played well to their 1-0 lead.

Take care guys - hope you root for us against the Crew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC out player PR, but its are own faults for not scorring a single goal in 2 games. I am seriously disapointed, Champions League ment much more to me then crappy MLS season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    When Marvell Wynne has your best scoring opportunity, you know your in for a tough night....PR was the better team over the two legs...our hmm goalscorer(s) failed to show up again.....
    Dichio hit right off the post like 10 feet away from the net, we had more shots in both games. We had more possesion both games. THere only goal was a mistake by defence and Frei. We cant finnish thats are in these 2 games and 1 fuck up on the back D are our only problems!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

game over. we didn't win. Closed.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Dichio hitting the post was our best scoring opportunity.

End.
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."