0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post-Match: Toronto FC @ New England Revolution

1-1 draw.

Barrett sent off in the 50th.

Cummins waits late for subs again.

Garcia sucks.

11 goals allowed in the last 15 minutes of matches.

Terry Vaughn is a fucking douche.

Discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cummins is just being stupid. The ref seemed kinda biased dontcha think?

At least all the other teams are playing well towards us staying where we are in the table.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted this in the game thread, but since that is now to be closed...

It's funny - I'm at work, so I can't see the game, and I decided to come here and read backwards to see how we were doing. Judging from the comments, I assumed we were getting detroyed or something - then I find out we were actually up 1-0 at the time. Some of you guys are incredibly negative and over-dramatic, haha.

Glad to hear the Gambians are playing well. I will look forward to watching the PVR recording when I get home. Sounds like Gomez in particular, is a gem.

A 1-1 draw will be a tough result, but being down a man for so long, I can live with it. Sounds like we are playing well, aside from the buckets of cards.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was some severe "homer" officiating. Severe.

Goal was poor. No way garcia doesn't try to clip that away first time, given that the guy he's marking has a hell of a reach (Jankauskas is a big motherfucker.) But, that's exactly what he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 minutes of extra time..are you kidding me ? Absolute disgrace.

Dichio should have started instead of Barrett anyways and CC will now be forced to start him instead of Barrett.

Outside of that...so so performance...we were doing well until Barrett continued stupid challenges...that last one was not a red card but the one before was...idiot.
    Last edited by wzhxvy; 08-01-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help an Englishman out here - was De Ro's goal any good and what did Barrett do to get sent off?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

second yellow for Barrett, first one was questionable, didn't see the second one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

19 to 7 the fouls. I call bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo's goal was fantastic thanks to a bit of luck on a bounce on a Barrett shot that hit Gerba's face.

Barrett made some rash challenges and one of them shouldn't have been a yellow but alas he is off.

Hopefully this finally forces the coaching staff to acknowledge Dichio's existence again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More interesting was Stevie Nicol's red card, I wonder what he said to the 4th official

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the De Ro goal was absolute fucking lightning. And yes, there was some seriously impaired officiating going on. That said, Barrett is a huge fucking idiot for unnecessarily pulling down Alston in the first that got him that first yellow. AND as usual he mouthed off to the ref after every single foul he committed.

All I have to say about this is thank god we didn't drop the game and thank god that D.C. is getting their shit kicked in by Houston right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Officiating was a joke. Will TFC ever catch a break?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point in a tough venue. Some of you guys should just kill yourselves, all you can do is complain about everything. I think that was a real character builder ahead of P.R. away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    19 to 7 the fouls. I call bullshit.
    Something like 7 yellows to their 1 to boot...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    Good point in a tough venue. Some of you guys should just kill yourselves, all you can do is complain about everything. I think that was a real character builder ahead of P.R. away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should send a letter to Garber to advise him that I will be reviewing all betting lines for MLS and review officiating in his league as something is absolutely freaking fishy...that he will be held criminally responsible for not reviewing this mess, if my suspicions prove to be correct. I mean I was OK with the officiating until the 4 minutes extra time..that threw me over the edge. How the f is that 4 extra minutes. Can someone please explain that to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robbo played like crap again.

His balls going forward ended up in NE posession, and he should have closed down the player who sent the ball in on the NE goal, and failed.

Garcia, looked like ass too, but at least it's a point on the road especially with 10 men.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad Chad took one for the team and is sitting out next league game.. he should do it more often.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outside of that long and great run by Wynne on the steal he was crap. He's a terrible right back and his insistence on giving his man tons of fucking space in the open field is retarded.

I would move him to RM since he's better when moving forward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well...we took the season series from NE. Anyone who watched the game we played there in 2007 would think it might take 10 years for that to happen.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    Different game, same shit.

"The squad is good enough." - Mo Johnston
    I keep seeing this quote from Mo getting thrown around...

My question to you is - what do you expect him to say? Publicly announce "this team isn't good enough"? Even if he intended to add three new players tomorrow, he would publicly say tonight that this team is good enough. That's what GM's do.

And more to the point, I actually think this team has the potential to be good enough. Minus all of the apparent fouls today, it sounds like we played quite well. The Gambian kids have been a revelation, and could be huge in helping our defense. Our offense sounds like it was humming along decently until we went down a man.

I don't get all the sky is falling nonsense sometimes. A 1-1 draw on the road with 10 men, is nothing to get that upset about. Especially if the ref was apparently working against us.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point all things considering, I'm happy with that.
    Officiating was very "unusual". Lots of cards going our way for very lame challenges.

Thinking that Cummins is trying to get the team ready for Dichio's absence next season, but not calling him up so much.

Late subs very odd again, Gerba looked tired again, hopefully Winsper can work some magic on him too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

barrett second yellow was very questionable in any reputable league no ref woulda called that second yellow......the ref was very biased wantede to turn the tv off how did gerba get tackled by 2 players and yet he was called for a foul

cc needs to go he doesnt know what subs to make and wynne again was way out of position on many occassions and on the goal...gomez shoulda came on before sayang although sayang showed promise, and dichio shouda came on for gerba woulda given us height on offense and defense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    4 minutes of extra time..are you kidding me ? Absolute disgrace.
    Confirmed.

It is like a nightmare game of "Are you more incompetent then a 5th grader", an epic match-up between the MLS and CONCACRAP. Tonight should have been 2 mins of added time (the standard 3 would have been fine), Wednesday should have been 7 mins of added time (it would have been a dozen at Anfield in a similar situation). Yet both are apparently 4 min.

In the end it was inconsequential though, but it still makes me laugh in pain.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC USA...agree on the Wynne tons of space comment...that was very evident today...horrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw....I love Jas DeVos vs. Forrest...he is so much better than the Vancouver lover...Jason DeVos has butterflies in his stomach....yes I love to hear that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post-game: talking about the end of Velez at TFC due to emergence of Gomez and Attakora. De Vos says Toronto will feel positive about the result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Vos: Gerba and De Rosario starting to link well, hopefully Guevera is back next game. Gerba played very well.

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That was some severe "homer" officiating. Severe.

Goal was poor. No way garcia doesn't try to clip that away first time, given that the guy he's marking has a hell of a reach (Jankauskas is a big motherfucker.) But, that's exactly what he does.
    Brennan was guilty on the header to Garcia's man

Quote Originally Posted by JJSFC View Post
    Help an Englishman out here - was De Ro's goal any good and what did Barrett do to get sent off?!
    DeRo's goal was nice, a Barrett shot bounced off Gerba's skull, DeRo fired it home. (PS - crap avatar, sc*mmer! )

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    I should send a letter to Garber to advise him that I will be reviewing all betting lines for MLS and review officiating in his league as something is absolutely freaking fishy...that he will be held criminally responsible for not reviewing this mess, if my suspicions prove to be correct. I mean I was OK with the officiating until the 4 minutes extra time..that threw me over the edge. How the f is that 4 extra minutes. Can someone please explain that to me.
    That was a shock, no idea where 4 came from, unless Steve Nichols made the call

Quote Originally Posted by dcdcdc View Post
    I'm glad Chad took one for the team and is sitting out next league game.. he should do it more often.

Chad was not the real problem tonight, other than the poor fouls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Barrett and the way he plays. He was getting shit calls all night long and should of changed his way a little but this ref is a fucking disgrace. This was unbelievable.

4 minutes extra at the end??? WTF??? I think he pulled that out his ass....Nicols must've given him the blowjob of his life to get the calls he did tonight.

Good job on the boys for getting the point.