Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Radzinksi wants to end up in Canada?

http://www.soccer365.com/english_pre...4608163646.php

According to S365 correspondent Andrea Canales (via Canada defender Ante Jazic), Maple Leaf veteran Tomasz Radszinski is resisting an urge to join Toronto FC because of their artificial playing surface, but still hopes to play for a Canadian team in MLS...
    He'd be alright, definitely not for a DP slot, but it's still kind of shitty to think about our turf scaring potential players away...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    http://www.soccer365.com/english_pre...4608163646.php

He'd be alright, definitely not for a DP slot, but it's still kind of shitty to think about our turf scaring potential players away...
    Well, I guess he will have to wait until Montreal gets a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if he wants to play for a canadian MLS side he better hurry up and sign with TFC.
    Montreal ain't comin into the league until at least 2011, unless Garber wants to pair up the expansion rather than going 1 per year.

By 2011 Radzinski will be 37 years old.

And Vancouver (if they make MLS) won't have a grass field until he's well into his 40s.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    if he wants to play for a canadian MLS side he better hurry up and sign with TFC.
    Montreal ain't comin into the league until at least 2011, unless Garber wants to pair up the expansion rather than going 1 per year.

By 2011 Radzinski will be 37 years old.

And Vancouver (if they make MLS) won't have a grass field until he's well into his 40s.
    Fucking seriously!

Maybe the Lynx will take him. They play on grass right?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way Radz would be a DP, that's for sure, but I think he would still be an effective player for us; at least for a couple years. There are plenty of top Greek clubs looking at him, after his performance with Xanthi (I think he scored 15 goals). The Greek league is probably a step above the MLS, so that performance would probably trasnlate well across the Atlantic. He's a pretty versatile player, he can play on the right side of midfield, or move up front as an all out striker. He could probably become our go-to-guy up front for a while. I would most definitely be in favour of a move for him, however it looks like it will never happen thanks to the damn turf.

Oh well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a world-class player is admitting he wants to come here, but we have to allow beer leagues and pick-up American run-ball league, so its not possible...
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    a world-class player is admitting he wants to come here, but we have to allow beer leagues and pick-up American run-ball league, so its not possible...
    well, if the player wasn't ignorant he could be here regardless.
    Robert and Guevara are world class players and they don't seem to mind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we NEED a polak playing for TFC. If not radzinski, i say we sign frankowski from chicago

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if he's not willing to make a sacrifice for us (play on turf) why would we want him?
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    well if he's not willing to make a sacrifice for us (play on turf) why would we want him?
    that is along the same tune that was being sung about Guevara a little less then a year ago.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post

we don't need him, lets end this rubbish talk of him coming here, other players make so on the surface, hes just a primadona that whats things
    his way...guess what Radz this aint burger king!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think all this talk of us not needing him is rubbish. Radz has been great for the National team and would fit nicely onto TFC's roster. the turf however is unfortunate, but i hope he bites the bullet and joins us.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NF-FC View Post
    i think all this talk of us not needing him is rubbish. Radz has been great for the National team and would fit nicely onto TFC's roster. the turf however is unfortunate, but i hope he bites the bullet and joins us.

he's been mediocre for the national team when he bothered to show up at all. lets get someone who will help us long term not a desperate quick fix,which is what radz would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    he's been mediocre for the national team when he bothered to show up at all. lets get someone who will help us long term not a desperate quick fix,which is what radz would be.
    we're never going to sign great young players in their prime, we'll have to develop them ourselves. Until then we will have to rely on a series of quick fixes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid poles, the kids that get to play footy on grass in poland are very priveleged. I went last summer, played football in the park a couple of times with my cousins, we were playing on dry dirt and pebbles. A lot of scrapes on my hands and legs after that. Radzinski hasnt played in poland since 1987 though, so hes not used to not playing on the luxury that is real grass. I would love to have a polak on tfc though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radz has to understand that the surface at BMO is our 12th player and most MLS teams so far are complaining about it.
    Until MLS order MLSE to put real grass or find another venue to play our home games, nothing will happen and Radz has to accept the facts and come home to finish his career in beauty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick inspection of the facts shows this guy is a pretty class player. He scored plenty of goals in the Greek league this year, which in anyone's estimation is better than MLS.

Again, I think some people are making some huge leaps of faith about what we can afford to pass on. Home town player, with a good track record and with a recent bout of good form in a league better than mls... we'd pass on that if it was offered at a good price? really? I think not!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamplater35 View Post
    Stupid poles, the kids that get to play footy on grass in poland are very priveleged. I went last summer, played football in the park a couple of times with my cousins, we were playing on dry dirt and pebbles. A lot of scrapes on my hands and legs after that. Radzinski hasnt played in poland since 1987 though, so hes not used to not playing on the luxury that is real grass. I would love to have a polak on tfc though.
    That's true in all Mediterranean countries as well. When I lived in southern France for 3 years, my son practiced on a partial-grass partial-gravel pitch -- and he was on the local club's academy team! A lot of the pitches were just dust and gravel.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post

how many strikers in MLS were with their existing teams two years ago? how many will be with the same team two years from now?

at striker, it's almost always just a "quick fix"
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radz can score. I remember when he scored 20 for Anderlecht like 5 yrs ago.

He may be junk for MNT, but for club, he does pretty well. (And having played for a lot of decent teams in Europe)

He'd make a good signing for us in the summer, certainly a better option than Cunny up front

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are going to start looking like Shady Acres Retirement home if we arent careful too though... Radz is 34..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^and McBride is 35,but it doesn't matter as long as they can bring it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blanco is the best player in MLS right now, and he's not young. Mojo dominated this league at 37.

At the same time I can see the case for getting younger, but the players won't come easy. It takes time to acquire some of these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    well, if the player wasn't ignorant he could be here regardless.
    Robert and Guevara are world class players and they don't seem to mind it.
    They dont seem to mind it?

I wouldnt second guess any of our players opinion on the surface, although I am sure if any of them had anything positive to say about it, they would have.

Nothing ignorant about wanting to avoid injury, thats caution, and because he's made a packet playing in the EPL, he can elect not to take the chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NF-FC View Post
    ^and McBride is 35,but it doesn't matter as long as they can bring it
    I disagree 100 fold. I would rather a decent player who develops into somehting bigger and we have for a few yrs then a 1 hit wonder.

See:

Maple Leafs, Toronto.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiin View Post
    I disagree 100 fold. I would rather a decent player who develops into somehting bigger and we have for a few yrs then a 1 hit wonder.

See:

Maple Leafs, Toronto.
    I'm going to challenge this statement.

In Major League Soccer, if you acquire a young, talented player, you probably are actually going to retain them for muss less time, than you will with an older player. If you were to bring in a 30-32 year old player, you would probably have them making an impact in the league for 5-7 years. If you bring in a 20 year old, you probably will have them making an impact for 2-3 years, until they move onto a higher level. This league is not at a stage yet where you can bring in top young player, and keep them for years. Maybe some day it will though.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However I could have taken your comment out of context, I can see what you're saying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It always depends on the guy. You cannot say that every 30-something veteran is a mistake, although many turn out that way.

I vividly remember the vitriol on these boards when Dichio was signed, "this isn't a rusticated donkey farm" blah blah blah
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It always depends on the guy. You cannot say that every 30-something veteran is a mistake, although many turn out that way.

I vividly remember the vitriol on these boards when Dichio was signed, "this isn't a rusticated donkey farm" blah blah blah
    Lol wow, I rustled some feathers in this thread heh. Dont get me wrong, I love our older guys, I think Guevara and Robert have been the best thing to hit TFC since Danny, (well and Carver), but I dont want to see us hitting this loop of hiring 35 yr olds when there could be some decent talent out there younger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    I'm going to challenge this statement.

In Major League Soccer, if you acquire a young, talented player, you probably are actually going to retain them for muss less time, than you will with an older player. If you were to bring in a 30-32 year old player, you would probably have them making an impact in the league for 5-7 years. If you bring in a 20 year old, you probably will have them making an impact for 2-3 years, until they move onto a higher level. This league is not at a stage yet where you can bring in top young player, and keep them for years. Maybe some day it will though.
    I agree, but I would rather have a player who we know will be solid for 2 or 3 years before he goes over the pond then a 35 yr old who could be impactful for a yr then fall off or be a walking bag of injuries.

I realise young people get injuries also before that comes out, but I think its far more likely for a 35 yr old then a 22 yr old.

I just want to see a nice blend of vets and youth is all.