Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intru View Post
    No we dont play in Azteca, we play EN EL CEMENTERIO!
    Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Tell me that's the nickname and not the actual Stadium name.
    They play in 104?
    although 118 was a cemetery last night...

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by this is joga View Post
    i must add that i do not speak spanish.. although my italian is above average. and from i could tell pero el se merecia eso y mas translates to but he deserved that and more.

i don't think Jack should be condoning anything being thrown at opposing players.. i must also add that if my translation was incorrect that i will gladly take back what i wrote.. jack, can you please let me know if my translation was right or not?
    Just to clarify a little further, I don't condone people throwing things at opposing players.

It's just too bad that referees can't control cheaters.

I still think he got what he deserved, even though it was vigilante justice and two wrongs don't make a right.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me that's the nickname and not the actual Stadium name.
    Nickname the actual stadium is called Juan Ramon Loubriel, a baseballs tar... the Stadium used to be a Baseball field but it was refurnished to be a SSS.

The nickname comes because All the central American Teams (including Mexico) were defeated or got eliminated in the Juan Ramon Loubriel.

LD Alajuelense
    Santos Laguna
    Tauro FC
    Cruz Azul
    MArathon

CSD Municipal*- They won 1-0 but needed a 2-0 win to pass to the Quarter finals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats true but atleast we have real grass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch... low blow there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its so nice and fluffy you could take a nap there, LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know what, ouch

but its funny cuz its true

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I think cheaters should be run over by a bus
    really? i still don't see what was so wrong with what he did. the keeper took his time eating up a clock when his team was ahead. yes, he took his time... and yes, i don't like it - the ref did hand out a yellow card for that same fact... what more can he do? also, the ref didn't caution or card Gerba or Dichio for running the keeper.

remember, i think its the responsibility of the men on the pitch (both players and refs) to police the game. not a spectator like yourself. i know you probably feel like more than a spectator, although truth is you are no more and no less.. as am i. we all are.

maybe that is the problem here. that you think you have a say in what happens... if you wanna drive a truck into someone, just do it - don't talk shit on some website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    you know what, ouch

but its funny cuz its true
    I work on the field sometimes... and the gras is very comfortable on the feet... SPECIALLy when they turn on the sprnklers before each match... so basically the ball runs as if it was synthetic but without the bumps... bad part is the mud... and if it rains... just watch the Santos Laguna game highlights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOl when it rains its like there playing water polo on the pitch its funny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    I work on the field sometimes... and the gras is very comfortable on the feet... SPECIALLy when they turn on the sprnklers before each match... so basically the ball runs as if it was synthetic but without the bumps... bad part is the mud... and if it rains... just watch the Santos Laguna game highlights.
    We know what it's like. We remember the grass coming up against Honduras last year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw i am watching the game replay on GolTV as i type.. and the infamous incident just happened. DeRo went in real hard, and took a kick at the keepers head with one leg while knocking him on his knee pretty hard - yes, Gaudette made it look worse than it was, but DeRo went real hard.

btw Gaudette's time wasting after that was all due to the fact that a beer was tossed at him.. so thank the twat that threw the beer, he is more to blame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.... lol still it is true... WATER POLO!!! :P

I love these SMileys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw i am watching the game replay on GolTV as i type.. and the infamous incident just happened. DeRo went in real hard, and took a kick at the keepers head with one leg while knocking him on his knee pretty hard - yes, Gaudette made it look worse than it was, but DeRo went real hard.

btw Gaudette's time wasting after that was all due to the fact that a beer was tossed at him.. so thank the twat that threw the beer is more to blame.
    Sometimes things appear differen real live and when you see them up close they are totally different.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

really? i still don't see what was so wrong with what he did. the keeper took his time eating up a clock when his team was ahead. yes, he took his time... and yes, i don't like it - the ref did hand out a yellow card for that same fact... what more can he do? also, the ref didn't caution or card Gerba or Dichio for running the keeper.

remember, i think its the responsibility of the men on the pitch (both players and refs) to police the game. not a spectator like yourself. i know you probably feel like more than a spectator, although truth is you are no more and no less.. as am i. we all are.

maybe that is the problem here. that you think you have a say in what happens... if you wanna drive a truck into someone, just do it - don't talk shit on some website.
    Read what I posted after that again.

I said "should" be run over by a bus. That's how it makes me feel. It doesn't mean I'm going to take a bus and run a guy over.

I don't want to police the game, but I am certainly entitled to be disgusted or frustrated by the actions of a player if I so choose, just as I am entitled to be happy and overjoyed.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack-Having watched our mens team way too many times and watching this shit, yes its frustrating, but its sooooooooo predictable

what i want to see is, take a stop watch, every time there is a goal kick, time how long it takes the goalie from the time he gets the ball in his hand or at his feet to the time he kicks it in the first half, and compare that to how long it takes in the 2nd half (after the first goal)

you will surprised, i bet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's done and known for that... he did it in Municipal last year and got carded too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Read what I posted after that again.

I said "should" be run over by a bus. That's how it makes me feel. It doesn't mean I'm going to take a bus and run a guy over.

I don't want to police the game, but I am certainly entitled to be disgusted or frustrated by the actions of a player if I so choose, just as I am entitled to be happy and overjoyed.
    i agree!
    although IMO (and its only my opinion) saying that Gaudette deserves what he got and more is totally wrong... and seeing how you're the RPB prez maybe you should be a little more diplomatic regarding this matter - at least online. if you wanna say that to someone over a beer or at the game, be it... i'm curious to see what you have to say when/if they put up mess/fence in front of us in the south end.

for the record, that is the last thing i wanna see come of this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree!
    although IMO (and its only my opinion) saying that Gaudette deserves what he got and more is totally wrong... and seeing how you're the RPB prez maybe you should be a little more diplomatic regarding this matter - at least online. if you wanna say that to someone over a beer or at the game, be it... i'm curious to see what you have to say when/if they put up mess/fence in front of us in the south end.

for the record, that is the last thing i wanna see come of this.
    We'll all be in the new north section by then!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll all be in the new north section by then!
    maybe.. although i am more than positive if this happens, we'll all see tons of threads shitting on this decision and at least 2 protests.

i've said this in another thread, that i get it why fans cheered the beer hitting Gaudette.. and i kinda understand why the beer was tossed. although i don't condone it and i surely know that we'll be to blame (and only the fans in the south end should be) if mess/fence is put up.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta get in on this Spanish... although I can hardly remember any. I just want to say I am sorry so here goes.

Hola

Lo siento por mi espanol, es muy mal. Siempre, en futbol, perder los estibos es muy comun pero ya se, y otros, esa tirar objetos a la futbolista es inaceptable.

Me gusta futbol pero no me gusta esta situacion.

Gracias, nuestra amistad en futbol significo mucho para mi.

Lo siento, otra vez.

Raquel

I hope that made sense!! I had to look a couple of words up... lol!
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by English Rachel View Post
    I gotta get in on this Spanish... although I can hardly remember any. I just want to say I am sorry so here goes.

Hola

Lo siento por mi espanol, es muy malo. Siempre, en futbol, perder los estibos es muy comun pero ya se, y otros, esa tirar objetos al futbolista es inaceptable.

Me gusta el futbol pero no me gusta esta situacion.

Gracias, nuestra amistad en futbol significa mucho para mi.

Lo siento, otra vez.

Raquel

I hope that made sense!! I had to look a couple of words up... lol!
    There I fixed it

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yey, so you could understand it then, even if I totally picked the wrong sex for my words... It's been 15 years since I studied it so I am pretty stoked you could understand.
    Bite me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by English Rachel View Post
    Yey, so you could understand it then, even if I totally picked the wrong sex for my words... It's been 15 years since I studied it so I am pretty stoked you could understand.
    Go to:http://hiapr.org/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=islanders if you want to practice and say that to the Islanders fans.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

done lol
    Bite me.

Islanders4Ever

Hey peeps,

hope this isn't double posting but I read Sage's posts and well I feel the need to step in.

1) Sage is a TOOL
    2)No one in the Islanders supporters community respects him
    3) Fans have one forum: http://hiapr.org/yabb/YaBB.pl (Spanish)
    4) Some (very few) post on BigSoccer, etc
    5) A couple of blogs would be: the Islanders one at the offside and another one called pasion naranja (.com)

And the question still stands, what did Gaudette do that was so despicable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big ups to Rachel & priz for stopping by our site.
    We sincerely appreciate the good will.

My thoughts on the match are (the beer thing, I'm ready to let lie--it's been discussed here on our site and others):

We got the result that we expected. Almost exactly how we expected it. With Some of the same responses from the opposing team's fans. Now it is some of you guys.

No surprises at all.

I feel good about our chances to beat a very good TFC side @ the JRL. I have no dilusions about it being easy but it is possible. We have beaten better clubs than ours in international competition at home before. Clubs WAY better than our.

It's not supposed to be easy. Whenever you play a bigger, better club with better resources, you have your work cut out for you.