0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonfan View Post
    there's a large group of the RPB who think everything done in at BMO or the MLS is bush league.... this happens everywhere, turn on ur damn TV. Dida anyone

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...LL_en%26um%3D1

Read Ivan Cordoba's reaction to a fan throwing something. Interesting.

Also...it would be nice to know if the TFC players thought the beer throwing incident was funny and if they were impressed with the tossers aim and precision.

Something tells me that Stefan Frei wasn't impressed.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    true, but I doubt they were there cheering for PRI. It was a TFC fan...somebody who was angry at Gaudette's behaviour...fair to say, no?

And what about the thousands of "supporters" in the south end that cheered when it him? Are they supporters?
    Its really hard to say... it could just be an idiot that was trying to impress their friends.

Yes, I am sure the majority of the people cheering were supporters but I think it was more of a heat of the moment thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Its really hard to say... it could just be an idiot that was trying to impress their friends.

Yes, I am sure the majority of the people cheering were supporters but I think it was more of a heat of the moment thing.

Yeah but "heat of the moment" doesn't mean it was right. In fact, "heat of the moment" reactions are usually rash and regrettable. Who makes good decisions in the heat of the moment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well to all who've applauded or positively acknowledged the "beer tosser", I hope the next time you're being a douche to a customer or co-worker at your job, that they throw a beer or something harder at your face.... afterall you've just agreed that you probably deserved it at least once!

These guys are paid athletic professionals with the purpose of playing a game they love, to entertain their beloved fans and of course to earn a living. They shouldn't have to play with eyes behind their heads for fear of getting struck by something. And what if it were a harder object that struck Gaudette and not beer? ("Duhhh... we'd cheer louder of course you douchebag!")

Intervene with your voices and support, not by tossing or having any level of acceptance or positive acknowledgement for tossed objects at players (friend or foe)!

BMO might as well been the Colosseum and the beer might as well been a whip. Douche goalie! **WOOPAH** (crowd cheering in animalistic delight)

It was inhumane, disrespectful and embarrassing. Douche or no douce, Gaudette is a professional (insert your USL comments here) and not a puppet for our amusement to physically poke and prod at... leave that job for Danny D!

I'm also certain that a good majority of people would've pulled the same sort of DB tactics Gaudette executed if you were in his shoes (especially reading some of the posts and getting a good feel that the douchebag meter is very high in these parts). That's soccer people and it comes in many, many different forms and it's up to the referees and players to police the game, not the fans. And when the refs arn't doing their job, its up to us to raise our voices higher and beat the drum louder to support the boys and voice our displeasure.

Yes it can be frustrating and yes passion can get the worst of us, but IMO it must be contained at all levels.

I love this team and game just as much as the next fan, but there should be no exceptions to support such an act of cowardness and idiocy... unless you've been assimilated to believe so. (insert your childish remarks about the level of my support and how I should sell my tickets and or don't watch the games at all)

I wonder how many people here will say "Its uncalled for... but it WAS a nice toss with great precision." if one of our Reds' uncharacteristically pulls a few DB moves at an away game and gets nailed with something? ("Duhhh... but that's different!")

Oh wait a second! Forget all I wrote...

I forgot... its soccer we're talking about and this is the internet afterall... real life rules and sensibility don't seem to apply.

So through thick and thin lets drink, fight, cheer, chant and throw our beers! And when people oppose or voice a valid opinion against us, lets all point fingers, call them names and piss on them as one big happy one-brained (sometimes brainless) group.

I await all the one-brained (childish) responses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Completely agree with Messi10. Bang on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Messi10 - it's posts like your that prevent me from completely abondoning all hope for this forum. Well done. And I agree with you 100%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhmmm .... "ditto". Great post Messi10

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not going to disagree with your opinion messi.

At the same time, don't blow this out of context.

I think those of us that go to all the matches have noticed a considerable decline in the throwing of beers. Through last year and early into this season, it wasn't uncommon to see quite a few tossed during the game.

Through efforts of security and fans in the seats, this behaviour had been virtually stamped out.

The majority of fans and supporters have made it known that the throwing of objects is not something they condone.

Don't forget that the idiots that threw the flares earlier this year were essentially handed over to security by fans in 110 and 111 who assisted in their identification.

Islanders4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Borderline tactics I suppose.

What he did do that was really douchey was he screamed at a ball boy behind the north net (first half) because he didn't throw the fresh ball (pre goal kick) directly into his chest. Most of the time the volunteer ball boys will toss the ball in the general direction of the keeper and that's fine but Gaudette insisted it hit him in the chest and when it didn't happen, he ripped the poor kid another one.

That was douchey!
    So he screamed at a kid ... that was it?

I don't want to sound like I'm trolling but it just seems to me like people hate him because he's an amazing GK and he kept TFC off the board.

I was at a game in Portland where he grabbed his balls to taunt the Timbers Army - yeah not terribly nice, but it shows passion. TA people got pissed but I don't think it had to go beyond that.

He has a temper but still haven't heard why he was such a "douchebag".

Islanders4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Completely agree with Messi10. Bang on.
    amen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Islanders4Ever View Post

Out of curiosity, what would a player have to do in your books to be classified as such?

Yelling at a ball kid, grabbing your nuts towards opposition supporters, wasting time 15 mins into a 0-0 game, play-acting like you are hurt, etc. apparently don't qualify...

Suggesting he isn't like because he shut us down...that is poor, he made one nice save. We have had far better GKs shut us down at home, but they weren't nearly as hated, they respected the game and didn't put on a pathetic display. Brad Guzan comes to mind.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Islanders4Ever

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    Out of curiosity, what would a player have to do in your books to be classified as such?

Yelling at a ball kid, grabbing your nuts towards opposition supporters, wasting time 15 mins into a 0-0 game, play-acting like you are hurt, etc. apparently don't qualify...

Suggesting he isn't like because he shut us down...that is poor, he made one nice save. We have had far better GKs shut us down at home, but they weren't nearly as hated, they respected the game and didn't put on a pathetic display. Brad Guzan comes to mind.
    Yelling at a kid = bad

Wasting time = obviously not 15 min, well he got carded and EVERYONE wastes time to protect a score (particularly away) - see 90th minute substitutions my friend. It just rings to me a bit hypocritical, just 'cause he was on other time OMFG HE's SOO horrible.

One nice save? Again, take a look at replays. TFC didn't have just one shot on goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I enjoyed seeing that dishonorable keeper get nailed with a beer, it makes us look like a complete joke.

It was pathetic, and if you're reading this, and you threw a beer, then ya I'm talking to you. You're PATHETIC. Absolutely no class. I'm calling you out right here and now, and yes I would like to meet face to face about it.

I'm betting a lot of the people who threw the beer were drunken fratboy fairweather fans, but I bet a lot of them were also regulars who know what our stance is on throwing beer on the pitch. If that's you, then you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yelling at a kid = bad

Wasting time = obviously not 15 min, well he got carded and EVERYONE wastes time to protect a score (particularly away) - see 90th minute substitutions my friend. It just rings to me a bit hypocritical, just 'cause he was on other time OMFG HE's SOO horrible.

One nice save? Again, take a look at replays. TFC didn't have just one shot on goal.
    I don't think you understood. I am not saying he wasted 15 mins (though adding it up, may be close), he started wasting time within the first 15 mins of the game, and should have been carded in the first half. If you treat the game with a lack of respect, thats how people watching the game are going to treat you. Rightly or wrongly.

He made 1 nice save, but again, that is irrelevant, see previous post.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People have to understand that this is simply a part of game ANYWHERE in the world, INCLUDING Europe! Yelling at a kid because he didn't throw the ball directly to him just wasted 15 seconds. Playing with his gloves just wasted 3 minutes. Re-adjusting the ball on every goal kick added up to a few minutes. It's a game. If you don't want someone to time-waste, don't put them into a position to do it so much (ie: score first). Every soccer fan in the world knows that if a team is leading 1-0 and they get a throw-in it will take at least 45 seconds to get the ball back in play. No matter how much people don't like it, IT'S A PART OF THE GAME! And if gets under your skin then it's even more effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So he screamed at a kid ... that was it?

I don't want to sound like I'm trolling but it just seems to me like people hate him because he's an amazing GK and he kept TFC off the board.

I was at a game in Portland where he grabbed his balls to taunt the Timbers Army - yeah not terribly nice, but it shows passion. TA people got pissed but I don't think it had to go beyond that.

He did that in Portland? That is very classless!

Hey, I'm not defending the beer thrower but I was annoyed by him as anybody else and it nothing to do with him playing well (as he did).

Dive, dive, dive, dive, dive. In other words, cheating! Everytime somebody breathed on him, down! First half, he catches a ball in the box, a TFC player brushes against him, down again.

He played very well. He's certainly a decent goalkeeper but I think it's safe to say that we have never played against a keeper that has faked it as often as Gaudette. Never!

BTW, screaming at the ball kids is extreme douchebaggery .... and no other keeper has ever done this at BMO.

He's a fine keeper and well spoken (as he showed in the post-match presser) but he's an ass!

BTW, if you see him, pass on this message! TFC said "C U Next Tuesday!"
    Last edited by Blizzard; 07-30-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would have been poetic if the Douchebag who threw the beer had thrown a douchebag at the douchebag keeper...

even then it would be wrong...but poetic lol

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I warned you guys

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't we beaten this to death right now?
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loconet View Post
    Damas y caballeros. Por favor, un poco mas bajo con su conversacion. Aun me duele la cabeza!
    It's giving me a headache, too.... who knew the same thing could be said a billion times? It's like the DeGuzman thread all over again.

Carlos, will you teach me Spanish again? I know the foundations, I just need to practise... I think I am going to enrol in a night course, too.
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by English Rachel View Post
    Haven't we beaten this to death right now?
    Ya, I think its done.

Its not right to throw ANYTHING on the pitch at ANY time.