Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by this is joga View Post
    why exactly do you think he deserved it?
    because i cant abide cheats....Dero had just bumoed into him, and Dero's leg had slid over Gaudettes leg....and gaudette reacted as if he had been hit hard in that same leg....no better than Rivaldo cunting over when that ball hit his knee....and after that, my violent tendencies come out....and while i can control them, I'll always be happy to see ill come of those who caused them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Damn tij, no reason to bring the club into it. I was suitably outraged and focused it on the thrower. No need to be embarassed. You didn't throw it.
    i was embarrassed that my fellow supporters cheered.. if i was near the dickhead that threw it (or anyone else that tossed something on the field), i would personal hand him over to security instead of stand beside him patting the cunt on the back.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    This Is Why We Need A MEMBERS ONLY SECTION, So We Don't Have Degenerates Ruining Our Experience

but it was 114/115 that threw it....a total mishmash of affliliateds/nons as well as many casuals

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was embarrassed that my fellow supporters cheered.. if i was near the dickhead that threw it (or anyone else that tossed something on the field), i would personal hand him over to security instead of stand beside him patting the cunt on the back.
    my argument may be getting old but we werent patting him on the back....it was a happiness in Gaudettes situation, and not the beer. I've almost had fights in 115 because of beer throwers, i'm not for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post

FYI... the OSU will be throwing shit at your goalie after what was done to Gaudette... don't complain afterward if they do. I saw some of their expressions last night and they were not to happy about it.
    Can you at least wait to see if our goalie starts time wasting in the tenth minute of play, rolling around at the slightest contact, and literally standing up after a "collision", only to leap completely untouched seconds later into some sort of somersault on the ground?

If all of that happens, by all means, throw away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    you're reading into it what you want...
    a lot of those quotes say things about how wrong it is.
    not really, in most cases it's written there quite plainly.

i wouldn't have done it, but...........

pathetic

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    not really, in most cases it's written there quite plainly.

i wouldn't have done it, but...........

pathetic

says jun 2009....good stuff....shoo fly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you're a better man than me in this one instance cause I loved it.
    Keeper got served and rightfully so.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Can you at least wait to see if our goalie starts time wasting in the tenth minute of play, rolling around at the slightest contact, and literally standing up after a "collision", only to leap completely untouched seconds later into some sort of somersault on the ground?

If all of that happens, by all means, throw away!
    Seriously...that keeper wasn't just playing "smart" football, he was just being a douchebag in general.

And if Frei does none of that and they throw shit at him, then the Puerto Rico fans are just as big douchebags as their keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    because i cant abide cheats....Dero had just bumoed into him, and Dero's leg had slid over Gaudettes leg....and gaudette reacted as if he had been hit hard in that same leg....no better than Rivaldo cunting over when that ball hit his knee....and after that, my violent tendencies come out....and while i can control them, I'll always be happy to see ill come of those who caused them
    so, Gaudettes deserved it b/c he was acting and trying to get the ref to card DeRo, something i don't like myself - i just think that matters like this should be left to the players/refs on the field to police.. just like Dichio did when he ran into Gaudettes at the end. btw this is something i did cheer!

i think a lot of people think they need to take matters into their own hands b/c they support the club. this is wrong IMO and we all need to remember we're not playing the game, we are simply spectators - not players!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    You may have loved it...but it wasn't "rightful" in any way. Rightful means there is legitimate reason for a fan to do it. In no circumstances is that legitimate or acceptable. It may be understandable. But that is more schadenfreude than righteousness. It's enjoying something that is wrong. Period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The PR keeper should thank the guy who tossed it, he probably drank $2 or $3 of free beer as is poured down his face...

Based on his douchebaggness, he wouldn't be served in BMO, so tell him to thank the guy for giving him a frosty cold one...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my argument may be getting old but we werent patting him on the back....it was a happiness in Gaudettes situation, and not the beer. I've almost had fights in 115 because of beer throwers, i'm not for it.
    you might've not been patting him on the back personally, although the beer tossing cunt took it as a pat on the back.. and also made other fans think it was ok to throw shit on the field.

thats all i'm saying!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

says jun 2009....good stuff....shoo fly
    lol, seriously?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think i'm a better man then you.. or anyone else that cheered. what i do think is, that cheering it on only enables other to do the same - and it did... IMO the keeper got served when Dichio (a player, not a fan) took matters into his own hands.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think i'm a better man then you.. or anyone else that cheered. what i do think is, that cheering it on only enables other to do the same - and it did... IMO the keeper got served when Dichio (a player, not a fan) took matters into his own hands.
    YES! THANK YOU!

The players and the refs take care of business on the pitch.

We have no business taking anything into our own hands.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    The following are all from page 3 of this thread:
    IMHO comments like this will only give others the idea that it's ok to do this.

Hey, as long as I hit him, and I'm a fair distance away, it's OK to throw my beer! Yay me!
    I make that 2 out of 5 posts that could be construed as condoning. I think you need to work on your English comprehension

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    No one is supporting it.
    virtually every post speaks out against it, just some including myself, are discussing the accuracy of the toss. It was like a hole in one by someone that broke into a golfcourse and used stolen balls...it was totally wrong to do, in fact illegal...but the odds of it happening are unlikely...and no one will ever out do it or repeat it...so everyone please refrain from attempting.

Parlance of internet speak - yeah, you'd think you'd get away from that....on the INTERNET.
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    There you have it. In black and white. Over 10 people all saying the same thing.

"I don't condone beer tossing but........................................
    -deserved it
    -it was a nice shot
    -God threw it so its okay
    -he deserved a beating

Excuses. Not one a legit reason.

Doesn't sound like you guys don't condone beer throwing. It sounds like you don't like it most of the time but sometimes its okay.

Hardly a condemnation.

Just a question for you guys. When else is it okay to throw shit on the field at players?

This kinda stuff also speaks to the herd mentality of some supporters. If Jack had been one of the first to post in this thread and said that beer throwing is unacceptable under ANY circumstances, then I would bet that there would be very few, if any, posts like the ones above.

Just remember these posts if/when the net goes up.

For the record...there are also several posters who make no excuses for this behaviour and they are the ones who should be congratulated for their words/actions...not some shitheads (yes there were several, lets remember) that threw beer and other shit last night.
    Pfft. Really? You can't appreciate that magnificent (but awful, perfectly) toss? You also can't read what people are really saying?

Whatever, throwing projectiles is despicable, I think 90% on here agree. Did I cry for him when the beer landed straight on him? Absolutley fucking not.
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    You may have loved it...but it wasn't "rightful" in any way. Rightful means there is legitimate reason for a fan to do it. In no circumstances is that legitimate or acceptable. It may be understandable. But that is more schadenfreude than righteousness. It's enjoying something that is wrong. Period.
    Schadenwhatnow? Dammit Roogsy I'm an engineer not a literary expert LOL.
    I understand what you're saying, and I hope I'm understood in that I've always held a great distain for people who throw stuff onto the field or at players. This one time though I couldn't help but take huge pleasure in seeing that shmuck get creamed by a frothy beer.
    Last edited by Stryker; 07-30-2009 at 12:38 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might've not been patting him on the back personally, although the beer tossing cunt took it as a pat on the back.. and also made other fans think it was ok to throw shit on the field.

thats all i'm saying!
    dont worry...next dude who does it around us will get an earfull from me, like they normally do.

I also cheered for Danny, who is a hero for so many reasons

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schadenwhatnow? Dammit Roogsy I'm an engineer not a literary expert LOL.
    schadenfreude. german. taking enjoyment in other people's pain

only crazy germans could come up with some crazy concepts like this
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    I know the kid in question - he's over from Ireland for the summer - he asked Jim for the jersey - he got it.

Security took it from him - and the cops gave him got a ticket.

The cops went to security to get it back for him - and were told no way - they'd already given it to someone else

unfukking believable, their sense of self-entitlement/importance. i would definitely consider a theft report on those goons. taking a shirt? ffs, where does it stop, taking his shoes, his wallet?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nobodybeatsthewiz View Post
    unfukking believable, their sense of self-entitlement/importance. i would definitely consider a theft report on those goons. taking a shirt? ffs, where does it stop, taking his shoes, his wallet?!
    That says a lot about the security...I don't have much faith in the Toronto police (I have the utmost respect for Police in general though), yet they are the ones trying to get the shirt back while arresting the guy.

That is pretty pitiful.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YES! THANK YOU!

The players and the refs take care of business on the pitch.

We have no business taking anything into our own hands.
    I agree.

It was still funny, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roach105 View Post
    Unacceptable behavior last night. This should never be cheered. I was looking at the field is disbelief. When the ref stepped back the worst thoughts game to my mind, I thought for sure they were going to suspend the game.
    On a side note someone in lower 112 tossed a golf ball looking object on the field during a corner and nobody said anything from that general area. It seems like we cannot even police ourselves.
    Saw that. It was just a ball of rolled up streamer paper.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post

FYI... the OSU will be throwing shit at your goalie after what was done to Gaudette... don't complain afterward if they do. I saw some of their expressions last night and they were not to happy about it.
    FAIL... I finally figured out who the OSU are:

I just hope all 10 of them don't show up to intimidate our goalie, that would be horrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Fencing, probably not...

NETTING could happen as Saputo Stadium in Montreal has netting in front of the Impact Supporters section..

Carts...
    But keep in mind that their netting was placed their to stop people being nailed by the ball the seats being closer to the field even than at BMO. It's also a very loose weave so some things can go through. It was made to stop the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nets will happen. We have far too many douchebags in the south stands to be lucky enough for it not to happen. 3 seasons and they still don't get the message. Book it, it's done for sure.

Idiots.
    Agreed. Nets are gonna go up ... no doubt about it. It'll be interesting to see how the people who cheered the beer thrower will react when that happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    The PR keeper should thank the guy who tossed it, he probably drank $2 or $3 of free beer as is poured down his face...

Based on his douchebaggness, he wouldn't be served in BMO, so tell him to thank the guy for giving him a frosty cold one...

Carts...
    You also forgot to say that the beer magically cured him and he was ok after that. Look ma beer cures me so i no longer have to roll around!

I'm done with the beer tossing. Then again I don't even buy anything at BMO and I'd never toss anything.
    So no it wasn't acceptable and shouldn't have been done. But I had a good laugh at the situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer thrower should be banned for life.

IF CONCACAF HAS ANY SENSE THEY WILL TAKE THE SAME ROUTE WITH "MR. I'VE BEEN HEALED, MODERN DAY MIRACLE, AS THE SITUATION IN EUROPE WITH DIDA A FEW YEARS BACK."

Oh wait, CONCACAF is a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    FAIL... I finally figured out who the OSU are:

I just hope all 10 of them don't show up to intimidate our goalie, that would be horrible.

Sir its not quantity, its quality we are proud we are a small group.