Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Yep, its all fun and games until you have to watch the game throw a net.

I've said it before, our support is immature…many here have a lot to learn…last night was frat boy stuff. We are lucky the league is as immature or the Club would be sanctioned for such ridiculous actions by "supporters".

To be honest I'm kind of embarrassed with the fact we have RPB members who think this is funny and part of being a supporter…fuckin' grow up or support a college football team…
    where does someone say that throwing beers is part of being a supporter?
    it was a non supporter in 114 that threw it.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    Yep, its all fun and games until you have to watch the game throw a net.

I've said it before, our support is immature…many here have a lot to learn…last night was frat boy stuff. We are lucky the league is as immature or the Club would be sanctioned for such ridiculous actions by "supporters".

To be honest I'm kind of embarrassed with the fact we have RPB members who think this is funny and part of being a supporter…fuckin' grow up or support a college football team…
    like who dude....Am I gonna have to bust out Captain Hyperbole in this thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...and no one will ever out do it or repeat it...so everyone please refrain from attempting.
    Do you really think that's going to happen with all the comments in this thread about how great a shot it was?

I think you are giving some people way too much credit.

A non-supporter? Why is the culprit a non-supporter? You can be an idiot and a supporter.

Effective self policing and not encouraging this kind of behaviour by writing how "great a shot it was" would go a long way in promoting the mature fan base status we seem to be desperatley trying to achieve.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post

FYI... the OSU will be throwing shit at your goalie after what was done to Gaudette... don't complain afterward if they do. I saw some of their expressions last night and they were not to happy about it.
    Not sure how intimidating that will be. What do you guys average for attendance? 5,000 if your lucky? I'm sure Frei can handle some crap being thrown from your huge group of supporters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    where does someone say that throwing beers is part of being a supporter?
    what makes this cunt a non-supporter?
    is b/c he isn't a paid RPB member? or did you call him a non-supporter b/c he made a dick-head move last night?

.. if its b/c he's non-paying RPB member, i gotta disagree with you BIG time. i am not a card carrying member, although i consider myself a supporter... as do the 20,000 plus supporters that come out to ever game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Not sure how intimidating that will be. What do you guys average for attendance? 5,000 if your lucky? I'm sure Frei can handle some crap being thrown from your huge group of supporters.
    Better yet, let them throw so much stuff that CONCACAF suspends the match - its played in a neutral venue on a later date, and they lose their home field advantage...

That would be the biggest EPIC FAIL of threatening then throwing stuff in the history of football...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by this is joga View Post
    is b/c he isn't a paid RPB member? or did you call him a non-supporter b/c he made a dick-head move last night?

.. if its b/c he's non-paying RPB member, i gotta disagree with you BIG time. i am not a card carrying member, although i consider myself a supporter... as do the 20,000 plus supporters that come out to ever game.
    LOL That has nothing to do with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    Do you really think that's going to happen with all the comments in this thread about how great a shot it was?

I think you are giving some people way too much credit.

A non-supporter? Why is the culprit a non-supporter? You can be an idiot and a supporter.

Effective self policing and not encouraging this kind of behaviour by writing how "great a shot it was" would go a long way in promoting the mature fan base status we seem to be desperatley trying to achieve.
    Just straight up saying "don't throw stuff" has worked so well in the past.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI... the OSU will be throwing shit at your goalie after what was done to Gaudette... don't complain afterward if they do. I saw some of their expressions last night and they were not to happy about it.
    Which would make sense if our goalie was acting like an idiot, but he won't. Who the hell are OSU? The only thing I could find was a website that someone couldn't afford to renew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Just straight up saying "don't throw stuff" has worked so well in the past.
    I agree, i just think we are glamourizing this way too much. Douche must be feeling quite proud of the fact he threw it if he's reading this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    I think people who throw beers at opposing players are douchebags.
    HOWEVER, the douchbaggery exhibited by that goalie far exceeds that of the beer thrower in this instance.
    Good job anonymous alcohol abuser.
    Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    Agreed... I hate beer throwing...with this exception
    Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    he deserved more than just 1 beer for his poor showing
    Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    no-class fan hits no-class player... kinda poetic
    Quote Originally Posted by I_AM_CANADIAN View Post
    I agree in principle, but don't tell me you've never been caught up in the heat of the moment. The whole stadium was hissing and booing every time the keeper touched the ball, he was public enemy no. 1 at BMO for those 2 hours. Again, on principle I don't condone it, but I'm a hot-blooded person and I probably also would have applauded at the time had I been in the south end and seen what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    Throwing beer is wrong but the aim was so good, I think God threw that beer.

I'll forgive him.....this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    What about the last beer that was magically tossed from afar only to land perfectly straight up with half the beer still inside? I thought that deserved honorable mention too?!
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I think beer throwing is so stupid, but when it hit that douchebag keeper.... all I have to saw is that was EPIC!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Gaudette needed a good beating session

what a douchebag. that was Shitlicker level of douchebaggery
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
    I don't agree w/ the beer tossing, but the keeper deserved it. Well placed toss.
    He deserved a lot worst, IMO.
    And CONCACAF isn't going to do a damn thing. What happens here is nothing compared to what happens elsewhere.
    If the nets go up, it'll be cause of stuff that happens during league matches.

And no I don't want to see any nets go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark67 View Post
    "douchebaggery" love that, will have to use it today.
    I not really a fan of things being thrown at the players. but that goalie needed to be hit with something.
    Quote Originally Posted by English Rachel View Post
    Lol, perfectly awful yet beautifully great.

And he really did shine his head, never seen a noggin like it!!!!!

Sorry I didn't say hi, was going to at the end of the game but I was just too miserable
    Quote Originally Posted by phonzo View Post
    part of me was happy to see that douche hit - keeper was an r-tard but in the end it only encouraged more people to toss beer which honestly is just going to cause trouble...

beer's for drinkin not for throwin enough said
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    i would never throw a beer at a player, but i commend the guy/girl who did last night

There you have it. In black and white. Over 10 people all saying the same thing.

"I don't condone beer tossing but........................................
    -deserved it
    -it was a nice shot
    -God threw it so its okay
    -he deserved a beating

Excuses. Not one a legit reason.

Doesn't sound like you guys don't condone beer throwing. It sounds like you don't like it most of the time but sometimes its okay.

Hardly a condemnation.

Just a question for you guys. When else is it okay to throw shit on the field at players?

This kinda stuff also speaks to the herd mentality of some supporters. If Jack had been one of the first to post in this thread and said that beer throwing is unacceptable under ANY circumstances, then I would bet that there would be very few, if any, posts like the ones above.

Just remember these posts if/when the net goes up.

For the record...there are also several posters who make no excuses for this behaviour and they are the ones who should be congratulated for their words/actions...not some shitheads (yes there were several, lets remember) that threw beer and other shit last night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Profile of a TYPICAL Beer Chucker:

1) male (usually)
    2) Drunk (more than likely)
    3) casual/tourist/scalped ticket user that could care less if he/she ever comes to a TFC game again. As a regularly attending fan/supporter (affiliated or not) doesn't want their seats ripped, or a net going up, and generally respects the game, their "home" Bmo, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which would make sense if our goalie was acting like an idiot, but he won't. Who the hell are OSU? The only thing I could find was a website that someone couldn't afford to renew.
    Ohio State University...? LOL!

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are overblowing this issue a little here. People are not happy that someone threw a beer. People are happy that a cunt got what was coming to him. A lot of footballers deserve he be cracked in the face with how they play, because they cheat, and bring disrepute to game we would kill to play at their level. Last night one of those people were made to feel like a fool, and an asshole. That's as far as it goes. You're welcome to hate it but lets not assume people are cheering for a beer thrower...that was only situational
    i don't think its being over-blown at all.. if people are happy that a 'cunt' got what was coming, than they're also part of the problem - i'm sorry h-bomb, although wasting time and faking an injury does NOT warrant a beer being tossed on you... yell at him, chat against him, do anything but throw shit at him.

i get it! i really do.. the fans were in the heat of the moment.. as was i. although i didn't cheer the beer tosser, actually the opposite happened. i was embarrassed to be cheering for the same club from that moment on. like i said, i get it. although i think its wrong.. only my opinion here - i know you personally, and i know your a grade A supporter, although excusing this cunt for throwing beer at the keeper b/c he deserved it is wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ at voodoo -

again homey you are overblowing this one. I am happy that the goalie was made to look a fool. I'm not ashamed of that because this really is not a very big deal. dude would have thrown it anyways...and would have thrown it again next week regardless of what the folks on the RPB messageboards think. it's just not that big a deal....throwing beer is a big deal....but this instant isnt....it isnt, it's the status quo

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by v00d00daddy View Post
    There you have it. In black and white. Over 10 people all saying the same thing.

-deserved it
    -it was a nice shot
    -he deserved a beating

Doesn't sound like you guys don't condone beer throwing. It sounds like you don't like it most of the time but sometimes its okay.

Hardly a condemnation.

Just a question for you guys. When else is it okay to throw shit on the field at players?

This kinda stuff also speaks to the herd mentality of some supporters. If Jack had been one of the first to post in this thread and said that beer throwing is unacceptable under ANY circumstances, then I would bet that there would be very few, if any, posts like the ones above.

For the record...there are also several posters who make no excuses for this behaviour and they are the ones who should be congratulated for their words/actions...not some shitheads (yes there were several, lets remember) that threw beer and other shit last night.
    you're reading into it what you want...
    a lot of those quotes say things about how wrong it is.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think its being over-blown at all.. if people are happy that a 'cunt' got what was coming, than they're also part of the problem - i'm sorry h-bomb, although wasting time and faking an injury does NOT warrant a beer being tossed on you... yell at him, chat against him, do anything but throw shit at him.
    if i was at field level i would have kicked him in the balls....so we might disagree here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed. if frei was acting like a twat, id say it was up to the supporters to do what they will, albiet they would be dealing with the ramafications. now that doesn't excuse the behaviour, but gaudette was a classless footballer and he got treated as such. im standing firm on the belief that should he have played the game, he wouldnt have gotten wet.

i make the crossover to beckham: had he not been a twat, im sure the galaxy supporters wouldnt been treating him as such.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the people complaining about people saying it was a nice shot really need to quit your whining. I don't think anyone is condoning the throwing of the beer, but after suffering a tough loss this is one way people are choosing to vent their frustrations. The goalie was acting like an idiot continously trying to delay the game and got called out for it. If he wasn't doing this stuff, the incident would likely have never happened. FTR, I think there should be tough punishment for people that do throw beers or anything at players (lifetime ban from BMO / criminal charges - as it is technically probably some kind of form of assault).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    throwing stuff is pathetic. PERIOD.

The result of this stupidity is gonna suck for those sane folks who would never toss an object that could actually do some damage. Streamers are not a problem. Seat cushions were cool too that one time. tossing a full cup of beer at a player is stupid.

I have no doubt whatsoever that nets/fencing of some sort are coming to the south end, maybe even before the end of the season. The fact that some people are applauding the throwing of the beer at the keeper makes me think that its a good idea.

Not a chance, fencing in modern stadiums is a thing of the past, won't happen, maybe in Eastern Europe, not a chance it will happen here

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-deserved it
    -it was a nice shot
    -he deserved a beating

Hardly a condemnation.

i dont condone throwing things on the field

i do appreciate a fine aim and irony.

and i still think gaudette needs a good beating for the antics he pulled

try not to take what I say and give it a meaning that I'm not trying to convey.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was embarrassed to be cheering for the same club from that moment on.
    Damn tij, no reason to bring the club into it. I was suitably outraged and focused it on the thrower. No need to be embarassed. You didn't throw it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ at voodoo -

again homey you are overblowing this one. I am happy that the goalie was made to look a fool. I'm not ashamed of that because this really is not a very big deal. dude would have thrown it anyways...and would have thrown it again next week regardless of what the folks on the RPB messageboards think. it's just not that big a deal....throwing beer is a big deal....but this instant isnt....it isnt, it's the status quo

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

imo.........there are no circumstances during a soccer game, where it is okay throw beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Not a chance, fencing in modern stadiums is a thing of the past, won't happen, maybe in Eastern Europe, not a chance it will happen here
    Fencing, probably not...

NETTING could happen as Saputo Stadium in Montreal has netting in front of the Impact Supporters section..

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i was at field level i would have kicked him in the balls....so we might disagree here
    why exactly do you think he deserved it?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad people on both sides can't have their heads on properly. Some of our guys didn't. Of course now your guys think that it's ok to do.

Regardless of the team you support, it's stupid.

Some TFC fans were (not RPBs mind you).

And if your guys want to be...well I can't stop them.

Beacuse of course that's why this world is in such great shape. Because we all know how to behave like grown ups right?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-deserved it
    -it was a nice shot
    -he deserved a beating

Hardly a condemnation.

As Yohan said, stop putting words in my mouth. My feelings on whether this is okay or not are listed in a post above where I say there should be strict punishment for this behaviour. Though it probably won't change anything as punishment isn't really a good deterent for stupid people.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ At voodoo.....this thread is too quick

And its not the beer element people are happy about....it's the element that relates to Gaudette being humiliated....we would have been happy if say he slipped on his towel....or danny tripped him from behind....the beer is not the element anyone is supporting. it is simply and only that Gaudette was made to look a fool. I get that you refuse to seperate the beer from the act, i've done similar things in the past...but you have to understand our arguement, and that it has nothing to do with beer

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    and most of Central and South America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Is Why We Need A MEMBERS ONLY SECTION, So We Don't Have Degenerates Ruining Our Experience