Default Post-Game: TFC vs. PRI CCC Prelim. Game

Bash away..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post-Game: TFC vs. Puerto Rico Islanders

1-0 loss.

We are consistently inconsistent. And that means don't bother dreaming about playoffs or playing the Crew in group stage of the CCL as long as this team has the same attitude and plays the same way.

I'm sick and tired of the bullshit.

Discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't even know where to begin. 1 shot, 1 goal. TFC has like 70% possession, no goal.

Gaudette saved them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drek View Post
    Gaudette saved them.
    Even when they're not playing in that horrible city anymore, Columbus players beat us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    1-0 loss.

We are consistently inconsistent. And that means don't bother dreaming about playoffs or playing the Crew in group stage of the CCL as long as this team has the same attitude and plays the same way.

I'm sick and tired of the bullshit.

Discuss.
    1-0 sucks, but it's not SO bad...we'll do it, but of course we've made it hard for ourselves.

I think this is the first time that I've ever seen a keeper dive 3 times in a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really like the whole "losing at home" feeling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are like runny crap. The shit is inconsistent and he paying and viewing fans are the wet wipe.

DeRo was horrible, worst game in his TFC history.

Brennan needs to go.

I have nothing positive to say outside of Gomez >>>>> Velez.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE FUCKING SUCK, end of discussion.

Since the first whistle they outplayed us. Defensively, they looked a thousand times more efficient then we ever have. The fact that Marco Velez played well there isn't a surprise to me anymore. When you play beside defenders like that, how could you look bad??

I think we are one of the very few MLS teams that can lose to USL teams like that. Credit to PRI, they played nothing like Vancouver or Montreal; none of that silly misplaced passing or bad shots. They outplayed us plain and simple.

It's time for a change before things get worse. Get rid of Carl Robinson (who has done jack shit for this squad), Chad Barrett (striker turned midfielder turned striker turned oh myy...) Marco Velez (Unless we sign PRI's whole back 4) Marvell Wynne (Get him while he still has some worth) and bring in Chris Rolfe, Terry Cooke, Kevin McKenna (or someone of the like) and give DeRo the armband. Fire CC and get someone who can actually put together a squad that works. (none of this DD9 in the last five minutes non scence.)

Sigh................
    I'm really sick of this...Why oh why can't we win ONE game by a respectable margin (barring the 6-1) I don't think we've had a comfortable, predicted win this season, nay, in our history!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why were streamers being thrown on Cronin?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's quite simple: Puerto Rico are cheating scum.

Timewasting is a form of cheating, and they were not penalized enough for it. That piece of shit who scored the goal also deserved a yellow card, and Gaudette should have had a red.

They were blatantly doing it as per instructions of the coaching staff, which became clear since they started doing it right after they scored the goal. THIS WAS INSTITUTIONALIZED CHEATING.

I sincerely hope from the bottom of my heart that they go bankrupt, that all their players are injured and that they have the worst run possible in the near future.

Of course, that won't happen, they will cheat their way to Champions League 'glory'.

I abhor match-fixing, but I hope MLSE digs deep into their pockets and also maybe sends a few sunshine girls over to Puerto Rico to entertain the referees for the next match. Give the scum a taste of their own medicine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a great game plan against TFC, you know they will crack at the back at some point, so just stay back and neutralize everything. Gomez was good except for the goal, I agree that Brennan is nearing the end of his shelf life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are like runny crap. The shit is inconsistent and he paying and viewing fans are the wet wipe.
    I'm sorry but I have no idea what this means

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ What game were you watching? We weren't outplayed, we dominated the game. They frustrated our attackers by playing 10 men behind the ball and got a goal on their only scoring chance. We controlled the game, we just couldn't finish our chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think it's nearly as bad as some are making out. Yeah, obviously we'd have rather won. But think about it this way; if we'd won 1-0, there's a good chance we'd have went over there and tried to play for a draw. With our defence imagine how much of a disaster that would have been.

At least this way the team knows exactly what it needs to do. No worrying about if we should play defensive or sit back and play for the draw. Just go out and win the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC (like runny shit) is inconsistent and we the fans are the ones (wet wipe) that have to deal with it every time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay just typed that in my furious state. What I meant to say was that they came in with a gameplan and pulled it off better then ours. They put 10 men in the box and it worked. When we try that, we fail miserably (ala Colombus) I'm just sick of losing against teams we should be destroying 3-0 at least.

Have we won a single game that we were expected to win??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    ^ What game were you watching? We weren't outplayed, we dominated the game. They frustrated our attackers by playing 10 men behind the ball and got a goal on their only scoring chance. We controlled the game, we just couldn't finish our chances.
    Indeed, I can't believe anybody could believe we were outplayed.

Heck, I thought we did decently well but again just couldn't put the ball in the back of the net.

We dominated possession and chances and played with one thousand times more talent than them. I thought we had, other than a couple of rough stretches, a genuinely good game. They put ten players behind the ball and as a result kept us from scoring goals. Gaudette made some crucial saves and some things could even be chalked up to bad luck (something we can't say about some other games). We were good in midfield and strung together good passes which we often are incapable of doing. We even defended well enough considering Garcia seems to be going senile already and the two fullbacks are atrocious defenders most of the time. Gomez was great, except for that error on the goal in being out of position.

There was nothing remotely special or particularly good about Puerto Rico today, they simply employed a successful defensive strategy and frustrated us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC (like runny shit) is inconsistent and we the fans are the ones (wet wipe) that have to deal with it every time.
    Thanks for the explanation........now I agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what's harder... watching the game or reading this forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SanStarko View Post
    Don't think it's nearly as bad as some are making out. Yeah, obviously we'd have rather won. But think about it this way; if we'd won 1-0, there's a good chance we'd have went over there and tried to play for a draw. With our defence imagine how much of a disaster that would have been.

At least this way the team knows exactly what it needs to do. No worrying about if we should play defensive or sit back and play for the draw. Just go out and win the game.
    That's a great way of looking at it, actually.

It was an unfortunate result, to be sure, but we dominated possession, and looked really good for long stretches of time. I'm hopeful we can bounce back.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Puerto Rico. We're supposed to dominate them. Just like we dominated the Shite Bulls and Earthquakes and Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didnt watch game had to work but does this competition use away goals rule? i could see like a 2-1 win or something next game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCSuperFan! View Post
    Okay just typed that in my furious state. What I meant to say was that they came in with a gameplan and pulled it off better then ours. They put 10 men in the box and it worked. When we try that, we fail miserably (ala Colombus) I'm just sick of losing against teams we should be destroying 3-0 at least.

Have we won a single game that we were expected to win??
    i don't remember putting 10 men in the box in columbus. would you have liked to see that? i sure as hell wouldn't have.

you attitude is exactly what the team needs to fix. they probably came into this game thinking they can win 3-0. its the complacency that makes this team look like garbage in these games.

i think the USL have proved enough times in the past that they're not pushovers... i don't know why we were expected to win 3-0.. and considering we dominated this game against a scumbag time wasting team, i swear it is infinitely less painful than that vancouver game earlier this year. we still have one more game guys, no need to hit the panic button every time a loss comes around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know. Highly disgusting. Not a great analogy. But go to the off-topic forum where we talk about vomiting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What gets me is that even thou PRI played with 10 guys behind the ball TFC still had this urgency to fire the ball into the box at all costs. I would have like to have seen more patience and maybe turn back a few time to open them up and then maybe try to catch them off guard. Maybe its just me but i enjoy watching a nice strategic build up...seem to open up teams and options.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Puerto Rico. We're supposed to dominate them. Just like we dominated the Shite Bulls and Earthquakes and Montreal.
    nonsense.

They are a top USL side, and far stronger than the teams you mentioned, at least this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by napoli73 View Post
    What gets me is that even thou PRI played with 10 guys behind the ball TFC still had this urgency to fire the ball into the box at all costs. I would have like to have seen more patience and maybe turn back a few time to open them up and then maybe try to catch them off guard. Maybe its just me but i enjoy watching a nice strategic build up...seem to open up teams and options.
    I'm not bashing our team or the league, but the type of play that you're talking about comes from better players in better leagues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
    It's quite simple: Puerto Rico are cheating scum.

Timewasting is a form of cheating, and they were not penalized enough for it. That piece of shit who scored the goal also deserved a yellow card, and Gaudette should have had a red.

They were blatantly doing it as per instructions of the coaching staff, which became clear since they started doing it right after they scored the goal. THIS WAS INSTITUTIONALIZED CHEATING.

I sincerely hope from the bottom of my heart that they go bankrupt, that all their players are injured and that they have the worst run possible in the near future.

Of course, that won't happen, they will cheat their way to Champions League 'glory'.

I abhor match-fixing, but I hope MLSE digs deep into their pockets and also maybe sends a few sunshine girls over to Puerto Rico to entertain the referees for the next match. Give the scum a taste of their own medicine.
    i agree 100% with everything. that goalie was f-ing ridiculous and deserved a red card. makes me sick to see those cheating bastards get away with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually don't mind going into next year with a center back roster of Gomez, Nana, Garcia, Serioux, (Nana/Serioux start), but they need to get some consistency back there. Every game it's two new guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Vancouver?

MLS vs. USL isn't like Serie A vs. Serie B in terms of quality. On most days I imagine a decent MLS team would beat any USL team, and that showed in the way we dominated possession. Had we converted just one of our many close calls on goal, things probably would have been far different.

Truth be told, I've been worried about this game for a while. People assume we should be able to walk all over USL teams, and I was afraid that mentality would bleed over to the players too.

Oh well - I am hopeful. We know what this team can play like when they are absolutely determined for a win, and have nothing to lose by going for it (ala Montreal Miracle). All we need is a couple of goals, and hopefully a better defensive performance with our regular starters all back. It's not over yet.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens