Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Times have changed haven't they? I guess I'm from the terraces and have little experience with these all seaters.

Nobody gets chucked for singing that Gerrard is "fuck-in 'ard though."

I guess there's a difference between a humourous song sung by thousands and a vitriolic outburst from an individual.
    That's it - you can't stop thousands. But they will shut down the one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    I wasn't saying whether it's good or bad, I was just correcting the previous poster. Look, you know more that anyone that I felt this Beckham thing was going to blow up somehow. I personally like Beckham, I think he handles himself very well considering the regular media scrutiny. But in honestly. I think he has issues with this recent activity because it is coming from fans of a lower rate league. I'd have a tough time taking it, that's for sure. Wife and religion always stays out of it. I'd crush a man's skull for taking a shot at my wife. Plain and simple. Everyone is calling Beckham "classless", but the fan needs to have his throat cut as penance... Just my thoughts anyway!!
    Steady on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in the US on the weekend and saw it live on ESPN. Nobody could figure out what was going on at first because Beckham seemed to be taking a long time to collect a ball for a throw in. It was kind of amazing because the incident took at least 30 seconds during the run of play.

Some of it was caused by the proximity - anyone who's been to that stadium in KC knows that the players are just a few feet from the fans on throw ins.

Some of it is premeditated - Beckham is trying to send a message to somebody.

LA looked very sharp in that game, btw. Very unlucky not to get 3 points. I think they are a serious contender.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kingpin, That's just it. Not growing up with the scrutiny of celebrity means you are accustomed to taking such attacks personally. Beckham has been hearing this for the last 15 years and for him to make such public outbursts now just proves that he thinks he's above this whole continent. I say fuck him and keep pushing his buttons. Maybe LA fans can make it so he doesn't want to come back.

And yes, that is the message I want to project to any half assed decliners who think they can simply retire here without an ounce of effort.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Beckham could have reacted a lot worse though

HA!

I still have nightmares about Cantona, but the man won my respect that day.

Ohhh there's a proper reaction. Love Cantona even if he played for United! if he's going to get fined then make it worth it. Put your foot in someones ass!
    he's a good footballer, can't take that away from him. but I think he's a whiny poser!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a plug. Beckham is getting pretty sensitive. It's not like he hasn't heard anything like this before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist or anything but it certainly seems as if Beckham is upto something here. His constant insistence that he wants to stay in LA is clearly a charade. Maybe he wants to accumulate incidents like this and make a case for himself to leave LA since he is no longer wanted. This way he can play the victim card and earn the public sympathy back rather than look like the indecisive money and fame hungry mess that he actually is.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't even swear in England if you are anywhere near the field. The stewards will shut you down pretty quick.
    What ever happened to freedom of speech?

Pat downs in England can't be far behind.
    Last edited by Toronto_Bhoy; 07-27-2009 at 03:24 PM.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 34-year-old, who was fined after a clash with a fan last week, claimed the spectator insulted his wife Victoria.
    "He shouldn't actually be wearing that shirt because what he was saying about my wife was a disgrace," he said.
    hold on, so now he changed his story?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RooneyRPB View Post
    With Becks, his wife is a public figure and will always court some offside remarks. I would be more upset if someone went after a players wife who wasn't in the public eye at all. Beckham needs to be a little less sensitive with that stuff, goodness knows he has been hearing it for quite some time.

That being said, going after family is just wrong in my books and I don't like it.
    Becky was on the Ali G show with his shallow wife doing a comedy bit about bum play with his wife.

He can't have it both ways, he plays fast & loose with the media & his image along with his wife. he entered that circus all by himself. He can't complain now that e can't control it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist or anything but it certainly seems as if Beckham is upto something here. His constant insistence that he wants to stay in LA is clearly a charade. Maybe he wants to accumulate incidents like this and make a case for himself to leave LA since he is no longer wanted. This way he can play the victim card and earn the public sympathy back rather than look like the indecisive money and fame hungry mess that he actually is.
    i have a feeling you're right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhoybobby View Post
    Becky was on the Ali G show with his shallow wife doing a comedy bit about bum play with his wife.

He can't have it both ways, he plays fast & loose with the media & his image along with his wife. he entered that circus all by himself. He can't complain now that e can't control it.
    I was just thinking about Ali G! here's the clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P842Tmi6lrc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    He's a "professional" athlete, if he can't handle some heckling then he needs to go home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark67 View Post
    I'm not going to feel sorry for him
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodoubtguy View Post
    I can see it now...."i'm going back to Europe because the fans here don't understand the game and are classless scum"
    Wow ... what the hell is going on with this man? The way he is flipping out these days you'd think that he has been playing sunday league matches all his career
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    he doesn't seem to be able to handle the fact that supporters in America aren't fawning over his every move, and just happy to have him over here.
    A lot of people seem to think that because he's jawing with supporters that he's 'upset' or 'losing it' or 'cracking up'?

Calling someone a fucking cunt for insulting your wife seems a perfectly reasonable and respectable response to me.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    What ever happened to freedom of speech?

Pat downs in England can't be far behind.
    Hilarious! LOL

I'm a cynic I think Becks is acting up so he can go back to the Continent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Up The TFC View Post
    A lot of people seem to think that because he's jawing with supporters that he's 'upset'....
    well when a player like Beckham takes almost 3/4 of a minute during play to talk to a fan, i'm guessing he's a little upset.

like others have said.... this is all leading up to him going back home and having an excuse.
    Last edited by Brooker; 07-28-2009 at 12:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find this whole Beckham situation rather hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't saying whether it's good or bad, I was just correcting the previous poster. Look, you know more that anyone that I felt this Beckham thing was going to blow up somehow. I personally like Beckham, I think he handles himself very well considering the regular media scrutiny. But in honestly. I think he has issues with this recent activity because it is coming from fans of a lower rate league. I'd have a tough time taking it, that's for sure. Wife and religion always stays out of it. I'd crush a man's skull for taking a shot at my wife. Plain and simple. Everyone is calling Beckham "classless", but the fan needs to have his throat cut as penance... Just my thoughts anyway!!
    ok captain tuffpants.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    So it's ok to be personally abusive just because he's a football player?
    Give me a break.
    Fans are being charged now for remarks made to players. You want to make comments about football, fine. Screaming obsceneties about his wife just doesnt cut it for me and goes above and beyond the line.
    ^^ +1

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he wants to accumulate incidents like this and make a case for himself to leave LA since he is no longer wanted.
    Or he will use it to throw in the face of MLS and the LA Galaxy...
    "your fans don't want me to stay so why do you insist on it?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh..I can't figure out how to insert a pic...go to http://www.guardian.co.uk/football

for some funny Becks/Dono pics

Apologies if posted before...
    Last edited by felipe; 07-29-2009 at 11:24 AM.