Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Montreal away April 7th question

I've never been to a TFC away game but obviously the away game in Montreal is particularly appealing! I just noticed that Porter are doing their 50% off thing again, so I was going to buy flights for Montreal for the game weekend.

Question is: How will tickets be sold for this game? Will a fairly large number of tickets be made available for away supporters for this game? Do I assume that I'll just be able to get a ticket?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes to all of the above.

If it's just a single, their front office, or game day ticketing window will put you to the TFC away section based on the tickets available.

Should run you approx $25-30 for a single.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game is at Olympic Stadium so there should be plenty of space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do TFC offer tickets to the game (like back in England when I used to go to away games) or are you saying I go straight to the Impact to get my ticket?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another option: become a full paid member of the Red Patch Boys and get a ticket through the group's allocation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are the RPB given tickets, but NOT TFC the football club?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Do TFC offer tickets to the game (like back in England when I used to go to away games) or are you saying I go straight to the Impact to get my ticket?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Are the RPB given tickets, but NOT TFC the football club?
    Unlike England it is extremely rare for the home team FO to offer Away game tickets to its fans (there were couple of MLS teams done it in the past for special occasions such as playoffs, but to expect that out of MLSE... I have a better change buying lottery tickets...)

RPB, as one of the official TFC Supporter Groups, is always engaged with various FOs around the league as we have one of the most recognized traveling support. We do have allocation from Impact FO, however, these seats are members only.

Impact FO do have 'away sections' for all TFC fans traveling away, affiliated or not.
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Another option: become a full paid member of the Red Patch Boys and get a ticket through the group's allocation.
    People shouldn't become members for the perks.

People should become members because they believe in what we are doing, and want to contribute.

Being a member isn't about the swag and things you might get...it's about what you can give.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of membership, you guys really need to start the process earlier in the year. I intend to sign up and would really like access to the away trip forum to help with the planning. So far I haven't heard much back other than "...later". I don't want this to be taken the wrong way like I'm complaining or anything, I just think it would be a lot easier to court 2012 membership before the season actually starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post

People should become members because they believe in what we are doing, and want to contribute.

Being a member isn't about the swag and things you might get...it's about what you can give.

This is definitely being posted in the wrong place but since it's topical:

I understand the need to only have trips available to members because of those stupid regulations, however the current setup is just encouraging people to join RPB specifically for the trips (when I was a member that was 80% of why I joined). Have you considered having levels of memberships? Like creating a non voting- more loosely associated sort of travel membership? Not that I don't respect and support the RPB, but I decided against being affiliated with any of the SG's after trying it out a few years ago. I'm sure there are many who think along the same lines. I'm sure it'd help from a fundraising POV and wouldn't hurt the integrity of group decisions/votes while still allowing for more access to away trips

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Speaking of membership, you guys really need to start the process earlier in the year. I intend to sign up and would really like access to the away trip forum to help with the planning. So far I haven't heard much back other than "...later". I don't want this to be taken the wrong way like I'm complaining or anything, I just think it would be a lot easier to court 2012 membership before the season actually starts.
    Not to take this thread off topic, but a heads up the renewal process for existing members is already underway. Once the membership team has worked through the renewals they will open it up for new members.

This process helps them spread out the load when all the applications and renewals start to pile in.

Glad to hear you're interested in joining the group.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I'm sure officially joining the RB has its benefits, I personally don't believe in joining a separate supporters association away from the football club. I've always believed the supporters of TFC would be MUCH more powerful if they were all under one supporters club umbrella (right now the separate supporters "clubs" of the RPB, NEE, USector don't have anywhere NEAR as much power or importants if they were all ONE supporters club*.

But that's a side issue - the point is, I don't particularly want to join the RB just for this one away game. I can't make ANY other away games this season (my job means that I can't leave downtown Toronto from May 1st to Sept 1st! - I know, my summer is kind of sad stuck downtown!). So, I guess I'l just have to wait for Montreal to start selling individual game tickets and give them a call At least I found out how I get tickets, so thanks for the info

* - I don't mean to pee on the importants of the RPB, its just always been my opinion since day one of TFC when the USector and RPB were created separately and refused to work as one "club".

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    No worries. The point is there are a number of options for you to get tickets in Montreal and sit with TFC fans. Supporters groups organize so members are together, sometimes group travel companies run away game trips, and you can always just book your own stuff and buy a ticket direct from the host club.

The only important thing is to come out, bring your voice, and support the team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    ^^
    No worries. The point is there are a number of options for you to get tickets in Montreal and sit with TFC fans. Supporters groups organize so members are together, sometimes group travel companies run away game trips, and you can always just book your own stuff and buy a ticket direct from the host club.

The only important thing is to come out, bring your voice, and support the team.
    Cool thanks I will do for sure! As long as I'm not stuck with a load of limp-acts, then it will be a great game I think

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    This is definitely being posted in the wrong place but since it's topical:

I understand the need to only have trips available to members because of those stupid regulations, however the current setup is just encouraging people to join RPB specifically for the trips (when I was a member that was 80% of why I joined). Have you considered having levels of memberships? Like creating a non voting- more loosely associated sort of travel membership? Not that I don't respect and support the RPB, but I decided against being affiliated with any of the SG's after trying it out a few years ago. I'm sure there are many who think along the same lines. I'm sure it'd help from a fundraising POV and wouldn't hurt the integrity of group decisions/votes while still allowing for more access to away trips
    Waggy, I am just curious why did you decide to bail on being an RPB member? I mean I have friends who have decided against joining a supporters group as they do not think it makes you any less of a TFC supporters if you do not join and I agree with them. It is to each their own.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in the same boat as TBoy so please let those of us not in the group know how we can get tickets when theyre available

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We too wanna sit with TFC supporters in Montreal that is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    Waggy, I am just curious why did you decide to bail on being an RPB member? I mean I have friends who have decided against joining a supporters group as they do not think it makes you any less of a TFC supporters if you do not join and I agree with them. It is to each their own.
    There's a few reasons. I'll try and explain somewhat briefly. Sorry if I jump around a bit

While I love the idea of organized support, the fractured nature of TFC support with 3 main groups is... difficult for me. Right now things here are pretty good, TFC as a club is on the upswing and as an organization is much better than what it was. However there are bad times sometimes, and back in 2009 I became sick of the direction of the club and started boycotting it (from a financial standpoint. ie no games, no jerseys, no merch etc). In 2009 I didn't renew membership because I wasn't going to be attending games, and as a full time student membership was a cost that really wasn't needed.

In 2009 and 2010 I'm sure you remember the fairly serious issues between the SG's and the FO and I have to say (and I don't mean any offense to anyone) I didn't generally agree with a lot of the decisions made re when/how to protest and what the targets of the protests were. I like having the freedom to have my own voice. If there was 1 SG and ALL tfc fans were making decisions together that would have been a one thing. Even if I disagreed I wouldn't have had a problem standing shoulder to shoulder with everyone to make a point. However we weren't standing united as TFC fans: RPB were doing 1 thing, U Sec another, NEE another. Sometimes working together and sometimes not. Sometimes I agreed with what RPB were doing, sometimes U Sec, sometimes NEE.

Seeing the differences between groups, after that if I did decide to join a group again I'd have to think seriously about which groups ideas, style and way of thinking would be the best fit for me. But since that's not a decision I HAVE to make, why not stay a fan free agent? Especially since I'm not a season ticket holder, and beyond that:

thanks to my work schedule I'm not able to attend too many TFC games (last year I caught 3), and I'm not available to dedicate much time to RPB projects or efforts away from game day either. When I was a member I helped Al-Mo a few times setting up things in the stadium, and I know from being on here for years (it says I joined in 2008, but I lurked for... jeez, a year? before then) how much time, effort and money people put in to the RPB to make it work. And I don't feel it's right to sign up and say I'm a part of the group while contributing nothing beyond a membership cost and basically just taking advantage of an away trip or 2 a year and some (awesome) pregame BBQ. And I'm sure the people in U Sec and NEE put in just as much work as everyone here

Hope that doesn't sound like a cop out- I know I don't know a lot of you personally but those who do definitely know how I feel about the Reds (and even some who don't if you've read enough of my rambling). I'm not saying that I wouldn't join a supporters group, just to me, right now, it doesn't make THAT much sense to. And if/when I do decide to join a group again I'd have to look at the leadership of the groups, what sort of attitudes they had towards dealing with the FO and what they feel a supporters groups role is for a club (and what a fans role is as well). I know, I probably take this stuff too seriously haha
    Last edited by Waggy; 01-30-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when are these tickets gonna be up for sale?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there was 1 SG and ALL tfc fans were making decisions together that would have been a one thing. Even if I disagreed I wouldn't have had a problem standing shoulder to shoulder with everyone to make a point. However we weren't standing united as TFC fans: RPB were doing 1 thing, U Sec another, NEE another. Sometimes working together and sometimes not. Sometimes I agreed with what RPB were doing, sometimes U Sec, sometimes NEE.
    That's exactly why I've never joined any TFC SG, and never joined the RPB. But, this is definitely a separate subject from my original post, and probably deserves its own separate conversation. I think I was the one who changed the original topic!

Back to the original subject, and to bump Ossington's posts -

Having Montreal in the league and the possibility of 3 TFC away games in Montreal, I think its time for TFC/MLSE to start organising the TFC at Montreal away games. It's fair enough the SG's having their allocation of tickets, but this is the first time that TFC will have league games in Montreal, and these games will surely be the most popular EVER TFC away games. The average TFC supporter, for the first time ever, is likely to want to go to at least one TFC at Montreal game. I think the TFC front office should help co-ordinate the Montreal tickets, as there could be quite a lof of us who want to go - epecially for the Olympic Stadium game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    when are these tickets gonna be up for sale?
    I emailed the 'info' address on the Montreal website and was contacted by them. Here is the email I got:

Gentlemen,

I am following up to your various emails and telephone conversations that we may have had.

· SEATING

In the Olympic Stadium we will start with filling sections 149, 257 & 369 and go to the right (when facing the field). When these 10 sections are all filled we will go to 457, 459 & 461. Altogether we are looking at about a total of 2,200 available seats. If more are required will we make them available. The same will also apply for the Canadian Championship Game which will take place on either May 2nd or 9th.

All seating will be allocated on a 1st come, 1st served basis with deposits. So far I have only 1 deposit for the April 7th game.

· SAPUTO STADIUM GAME – JNUE 27th

The Supporters’ Section for this game will be 112, starting from the top down. The final number allocated will depend on the demand but I will provide you all with a cut-off date. I am also accepting deposits for this game right now.

· SECURITY

There will be a conference call with our Operations personnel in late February. I highly recommend that all Supporters’ groups be present for this cc. As soon as I have a tentative date I will duly advise. This cc will cover all three TFC games.

Should you have any questions pls. do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add for other people looking for a package trip check out this thread:

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php...-(From-Ontario)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent info, thanks Greatest. I'll give the Impact a call tomorrow and put down a deposit, or whatever I have to do

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been waiting to become a member until I became a season ticket holder, and finally this is the year.

With that said, I really do hope that new memberships will be offered in time to purchase MTL tickets through the group. I think it will be a fantastic chance to get to meet all the supporters and get this going to right way.

Hopefully, memberships will start soon.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks to my work schedule I'm not able to attend too many TFC games (last year I caught 3), and I'm not available to dedicate much time to RPB projects or efforts away from game day either. When I was a member I helped Al-Mo a few times setting up things in the stadium, and I know from being on here for years (it says I joined in 2008, but I lurked for... jeez, a year? before then) how much time, effort and money people put in to the RPB to make it work. And I don't feel it's right to sign up and say I'm a part of the group while contributing nothing beyond a membership cost and basically just taking advantage of an away trip or 2 a year and some (awesome) pregame BBQ. And I'm sure the people in U Sec and NEE put in just as much work as everyone here
    And you're help was always appreciated.

Last edited by AL-MO; 01-30-2012 at 06:55 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Boys We Should go

Thanks
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post

Bigger avatars! Signatures!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    And you're help was always appreciated.

Some of the most fun I've had at any sporting events. Always happy to help. (and if you remember it: your red thunder trick was brilliant.)

to topic: Thanks for the Voyaguers link! Probably going to go that route with friends for the game. Any idea how many tix they're setting aside for visiting fans? I guess given the news about their season ticket drive stalling they'll open up as many sections for TO fans as needed? It'd be awesome if we could drown out the impact fans in montreal

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the most fun I've had at any sporting events. Always happy to help. (and if you remember it: your red thunder trick was brilliant.)

to topic: Thanks for the Voyaguers link! Probably going to go that route with friends for the game. Any idea how many tix they're setting aside for visiting fans? I guess given the news about their season ticket drive stalling they'll open up as many sections for TO fans as needed? It'd be awesome if we could drown out the impact fans in montreal
    2200 tickets to begin with.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Ok Boys We Should go

Thanks
    We are in good shape having a great discussion.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!