Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Week 19 thread

Another week of MLS and couple of interesting games to keep an eye on

Post your predictions and other random discussions about this week's games here.

Links to games will be posted as they become available.

Fri 24 Jul
    FC Dallas at Real Salt Lake 10pm
    -As bad as Dallas has been, they haven't been totally useless.
    RSL is going through Dr Jekyl, Mr Hyde thing. You never know which RSL is going to show up. However, RSL has been pretty good at home.
    A draw seems a likely outcome

Sat 25 Jul
    Chicago Fire at Seattle Sounders 3pm
    -The best match of the week puts Chicago away at Seattle.
    Chicago is like the only team in MLS with better away form than home form. (or something close) However, with no McBride, it'll be up to Blanco to create, and Chicago has been accused of over relying on Blanco for everything.
    Seattle has been playing well as of late, esp at home. They are leaking goals, but some timely goals of their own has been keeping up them.
    Seattle to win, but on a very narrow margin.

New England Revolution at Houston
    830pm
    -The Revs are coming off a strong 2-0 victory at home vs Chivas. They finally look like all their kinks are worked out, and start putting together some good football. If striker Edward Jankauskas plays, the Revs attack gets an another direction. Or else expect to see Kheli Dube and Shalrie Joseph to be up front, with Ralston to be the playmaker just behind them.
    It's been a long road trip for Houston, but they finally get some games at home. Still missing a lot of players due to injury and call ups, but defender Andrew Hainault is back. The Dynamo will be looking to get back into winning ways after a tough 2-1 loss to Seattle in US Open Cup semi final.
    A draw seems to be in the cards however.

Los Angeles Galaxy at Kansas City Wizards 9pm
    -The world will be looking at whether Beckham continues his good play with the Galaxy. Or whether Beckham is going to call out another fan.
    The Galaxy finally has a strong squad and confidence is high right now.
    KC is one of those inconsistent MLS teams. No talisman defender Jimmy Conrad to lead the backline, and no inspirational midfielder Davy Arnaud means the Wizards are missing vital components of their team. Offence has been erratic. Doesn't look too good for KC.
    LA to win

New York Red Bulls at Colorado Rapids 930pm
    -The Red Bulls suck, and they are playing in Colorado.
    It's going to be a boring game. Osorio is concentrating on CCL because the odds of Red Bulls making the playoffs is so low. Will be interesting to see if their new signings get some play time.
    Colorado has suddenly gone cold, but should do enough to irk out a 1-0 win

DC United at San Jose Earthquakes 1030pm
    -San Jose held out for most of the time, before finally collapsing after few Blanco magic moments last week in Chicago. Should take heart in that. But SJ is very much dysfunctional. Yallop is clueless to find any combination that works
    DC is in US Open Cup final after beaint Rochester in mid week. With Moreno back, DC attack is looking potent again, and return of defender Dejan Jakovic from Gold Cup duties means the defence should be ok again.
    DC should have no problem beating the hapless SJ.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chicago v. seattle will be a good un to watch methinks

ps. have i mentioned that we're no longer friends? haha your signature keeps messing me cos i keep reading it and thinking 'hey i haven't posted in this thread yet'
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manic.street.preacher View Post
    ps. have i mentioned that we're no longer friends? haha your signature keeps messing me cos i keep reading it and thinking 'hey i haven't posted in this thread yet'
    the lulz must be shared with the rest of the community

remember. sharing is caring!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're on Yohan..

Here's my fearless predictons - guaranteed 100% accurate until Friday night;

RSL to smash Dallas 2-0; Dallas does suck and they do have Cunningham

Fire 2 Seattle 1; Blanco runs riot on the expansion team; McBride who?

Houston is soo many shades of awesome; 3-1 over the Revs

Becks and his boytoy run up the score on hapless KC; 4-0 Becks!

Crapids and Red bulls...who cares? Tie! 1-1

Dc @ San Jose; San Jose is a beautiful place to live; they have Yallop and Huckerby! This is the MLS - anything can happen. San Jose erupts with 3-1 victory over DC.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres hoping for a sounder/quakes/dynamo win, and of course us!
    c'mon you Reds!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://atdhe.net/8091/watch-seattle-...s-chicago-fire

Seattle vs Chicago 3pm

going to be a good game

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago is 5-1-3 on the road. That's just stupid crazy

But Blanco is a donkey

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red card to Chicago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red card to Seattle (Freddy Ljumberg)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahahahaha. Ljungberg gets tossed for a dive and dissent

MLS refs are having a good week. hahahaha

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for a 0-0 game it had it's share of drama

both team hitting the post. seattle had a shot cleared off the line

lol at one sounders fan waving a french flag. i'm guessing it was in support of le toux

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm always shocked when I see RSL's attendance, I've pegged them as a team in the 14k region but they always get high teens like 18-19ish. Good for them and it shows that not only the big markets ala New York can have a successful team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Claudio Lopez just scored the Goal of the week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Claudio Lopez just scored the Goal of the week.
    Yes he did indeed. Unless I see something tonight that tops it...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Becky and landycakes hooks up to equalize 1-1

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donovan replies with a nice goal!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a sick pass by Becky. the pass beat 6 players to link up with Landycakes

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can NY start winning now please? we need them to play the spoiler against everyone but us.

they have no chance to get back into the race, but could knock down our opponents.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    can NY start winning now please? we need them to play the spoiler against everyone but us.

they have no chance to get back into the race, but could knock down our opponents.
    Colorado 4-0 NY

hahahaha

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryan Johnson pulls one back for SJ after sticking his foot out to hit the ball from a flick on int he box

DC 2-1 SJ

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Colorado 4-0 NY

hahahaha
    fuck.. just what we need, colorado movin up.

why haven't they fired osorio?

this is a parity league yet NYRB are on pace for being the worst ever. that means even more than being last in a euro league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    fuck.. just what we need, colorado movin up.

why haven't they fired osorio?

this is a parity league yet NYRB are on pace for being the worst ever. that means even more than being last in a euro league.
    if NY don't make CCL group stage, I'm going to bet Aghast and O-sorry-o is going to get the boot

uh oh. Ryan Johnson subbed off for shoulder injury.

SJ is going to need a miracle at this rate to make the playoffs

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and Convey misses a sitter. no wonder SJ supporters hate him

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SJ Penalty on a terribly obvious hand ball.
    2-2 60th Minute.

Edit: I'm pretty surprised. A pretty sizable crowd in San Jose.
    Last edited by TFC_Chris; 07-25-2009 at 11:00 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate max bretos. YEEEEEES!

SJ 2-2 DC

C'mon SJ!

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With our luck SJ will lose it late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno man. SJ is dominating. DC will be lucky to escape with a draw here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Chris View Post
    I dunno man. SJ is dominating. DC will be lucky to escape with a draw here.
    DC may be first in the east, but they do concede a lot of goals

-Eduardo Galeano