Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought the support on Saturday was great. People were actually watching the match, chanting according to what was going on and there was some creativity coming from the fans.

It was much more authentic and refreshing than the usually running through of all the chants regardless of what is going on on the field.

The performance on the field took the wind out of the sails of the supporters, but all in all, it was a great experience on Saturday.

I'm sure I'm in the minority for thinking so - but I thought it was great...and real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    How did my 'O' end up being the highest letter...??? LOL

Carts...
    My 'R' was high until I decided to try and peek around it, and obstruct the 'O' before me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The actual searches themselves, had little or no effect. I would agree to that. I saw people downing beers inside the stadium when I walked in (20 mins late, but from traffic not the lineups).

As for the no beer, for sure that effected the level of support for many people. I found myself singing by myself, or with 1-2 other people more often than usual.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    I thought the support on Saturday was great. People were actually watching the match, chanting according to what was going on and there was some creativity coming from the fans.

It was much more authentic and refreshing than the usually running through of all the chants regardless of what is going on on the field.

The performance on the field took the wind out of the sails of the supporters, but all in all, it was a great experience on Saturday.

I'm sure I'm in the minority for thinking so - but I thought it was great...and real.
    Who are you??? And it may have been prevalent in 112, but the stadium wide atmosphere was reduced. I go by how clear it sounds on the telly, that's all I can go by. And the stands were so empty...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from my seats I hear the north and south stands equally well.

there were lots of good chants, that seemed to last longer, and sound better (tone, pace) despite being quieter.

There was a massive two-stick party in the bunker, and that's the kind of thing TV doesn't focus on for long.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post
    See, if you aren't there to experience the game... maybe you shouldn't make comments about it.

Ask people who were in 112 what the atmosphere was like. It surely wasn't anywhere near our best. In fact, for the majority of the 2nd half it was nearly a morgue.
    I thought it seemed really quite. I wasn't willing to fully attribute that to the absence of alcohol at the time though. Normally I sit in 110-111 but for this game I was at the very top of 113. I thought maybe the voices not projecting towards me like when I sit in the other sections was the reason for the seemingly subdued supporters. Looking back the vibe did seem effortless compared to other games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Who are you??? And it may have been prevalent in 112, but the stadium wide atmosphere was reduced. I go by how clear it sounds on the telly, that's all I can go by. And the stands were so empty...
    ESPN2 was responsible for the broadcast, they may not have done the audio the same way CBC usually does.
    I know the microphone right in from of 112 was a third of the size of the usual CBC one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the game on tv, was one of the quietest I've ever heard - probably because of the beer.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by L-Wag View Post
    ESPN2 was responsible for the broadcast, they may not have done the audio the same way CBC usually does.
    I know the microphone right in from of 112 was a third of the size of the usual CBC one.
    Maybe - but (unfortunately) I get the local American broadcast. I'm not sure if that's the same as the ESPN one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    here we go....

NOT BAD AT ALL... I must say the ONE LOVE banner looks like it's beign held the best even with the Wind... Great Job to those who held down the ONE LOVE Monster two-stick banner... These guys HAVE to be PROs
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If anyone says they were at the game and the support from the south end was as strong as a regular (juiced up) match they are stone face lying.....or stone face drunk at most games and can't tell the difference.

NEE has an advantage, being a smaller / tighter group, and I would say they were as strong as usual.

Gave us our first laugh of the day

"no more world cup....it's all pat's fault"

B

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    How did my 'O' end up being the highest letter...??? LOL

Carts...
    Hahaha Cart's always aiming High!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the 'EAT IT' banner probably 5 feet higher than the 'one love'.

but yeah, we've got some top quality two-stickers out there!

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Get In There View Post
    If anyone says they were at the game and the support from the south end was as strong as a regular (juiced up) match they are stone face lying.....or stone face drunk at most games and can't tell the difference.

NEE has an advantage, being a smaller / tighter group, and I would say they were as strong as usual.

Gave us our first laugh of the day

"no more world cup....it's all pat's fault"

B
    I don't think anyone is suggesting that Saturday's match was louder or more boisterous than normal.

I thought it was more genuine. There was a lot less chanting for the sake of chanting - and a lot more chanting motivated by what was happening on the field. When TFC surged, the crowd got lowder - when they were pinned down, the crowd was quieter. It made the fans seem more in touch with the match rather than the usual endless droll of "oh god, we can't be quiet for more than 2 seconds, let's sing something, anything!!!".

It was also the first time we've had the entire stadium chanting "tfc clap clap clap" multiple times in a match.

Like I said, the volume and excitement wasn't as high - but the quality was better. If TFC played better and gave the fans more to cheer about, I think it would have been a top notch atmosphere.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here we go....

Someone forgot to hold up the RPB two stick!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think with people being sober it made our shit play much harder to watch and get excited about.

they didnt give us much to cheer about at all in the scond half.. not surprised at all by how quiet it was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was also the first time we've had the entire stadium chanting "tfc clap clap clap" multiple times in a match.

Like I said, the volume and excitement wasn't as high - but the quality was better. If TFC played better and gave the fans more to cheer about, I think it would have been a top notch atmosphere.
    I am in agreement....although by most people's standards one might feel that it wasn't that loud...but I as well found the chanting a lot more real. It was refereshing hearing the whole stadium getting into the TFC clap clap clap........

As for the lack of people in that photo....welcome to my home behind the net. This is a regular thing. Does not matter if there is a security check or not. It always takes time to fill. Even with the FO printing earlier times on the tickets has not remedied this situation....Some people just don't care to get there before the match starts....this is nothing new. 112, 127 are usually full before the match starts, yes.....but no where else...
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah like the guy in 227 that kept chanting "This is our house" and then spelling TFC..

Give me a T!!!

During the I think 15 time of This is our house, I changed it to learn a new chant!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no beer make me cold

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    i think with people being sober it made our shit play much harder to watch and get excited about.

they didnt give us much to cheer about at all in the scond half.. not surprised at all by how quiet it was.
    Well...I am happy I didn't see a thing thrown on the pitch.......that was refreshing!
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ NEE sounding pretty good all game...good soild core down there were pretty much at it all game. I could only hear the southend a few times and it did seem a little quieter than usual, however that was mostly in the second half when we were playing like crap and allowing Houston to impose there will. I don't think the "beer" is to blame....just mabey kept more of the fairweather fans from joining in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Saturday's match was louder or more boisterous than normal.

I thought it was more genuine. There was a lot less chanting for the sake of chanting - and a lot more chanting motivated by what was happening on the field. When TFC surged, the crowd got lowder - when they were pinned down, the crowd was quieter. It made the fans seem more in touch with the match rather than the usual endless droll of "oh god, we can't be quiet for more than 2 seconds, let's sing something, anything!!!".

Thank the lord someone has said this out loud!!! Though I know this poster will shoot me for agreeing with him. It ostensibly makes his post null and void!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately, the players wern't all that in touch with anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Southend's "Get a Haircut" rang loud and clear several times, and I'm in 108....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    And it was before our BRAP BRAP! DeRo 2-stick raised... too bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maninb View Post
    Southend's "Get a Haircut" rang loud and clear several times, and I'm in 108....
    That was gold. I'm curious to know if he's still sporting that cut next game.

Gixmo

hell ya, finally more friggin 2 sticks in the south end

Where can I mail the ones I have finished here, so someone can use them each and every game.. Seriously, I'll donate them to the cause..

Someone PM me if you want them... one is 4 feet, (Captain Canuck) Other is 6 feet (Fortress)... Please, dont lose them...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

from my seats I hear the north and south stands equally well.

there were lots of good chants, that seemed to last longer, and sound better (tone, pace) despite being quieter.

There was a massive two-stick party in the bunker, and that's the kind of thing TV doesn't focus on for long.
    On this I agree.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I saw another picture with the RPB two stick in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it hadnt come up yet, just like the champions one, you can see we just have it in the air in the pic and are about to show it!!