Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZk75mJ_wc

nice footage of this circus!.....I could only imagin if this was in TO ..there would of been a shower of beers!

One supporter threw a jersey at him..!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post

the supporter can buy a new one -- 25% off at the MLS store!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The KC supporters in the Cauldron is getting hyped up about some anti beckham tifos for tomorrow's game.

Curious to see what they are going to come up with
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nation...,5719338.story

Beckham fined $1000

Garber
    "We support our players interacting with fans, whether it is at clinics, charity events or by high-fiving their supporters in the stands while celebrating a goal," Garber said. "However, our players should never engage in conduct that can be interpreted as encouraging fans to come out of the stands and onto the field, regardless of the reason."
    so Garber actually have a pair of balls?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/nation...,5719338.story

Beckham fined $1000

so Garber actually have a pair of balls?
    hard to call fining a multi-millionaire $1000 having a pair of balls, but the symbolic gesture was nice to see

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    hard to call fining a multi-millionaire $1000 having a pair of balls, but the symbolic gesture was nice to see
    it's the williingness to actually fine Becky that actually matters

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZk75mJ_wc

nice footage of this circus!.....I could only imagin if this was in TO ..there would of been a shower of beers!

This one is better. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2y-R...eature=related

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is an excellent video. Quality filming, excellent location, and fuck if Beckham isn't the man in it. As one of the commenters said, 'that was one word: pimp'

The guy who scored did a front flip and no one cared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Moe911 View Post

thats halarious......Shhhhhing your own supporters after your team scores!! ONLY IN MLS!!
    Last edited by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB; 07-24-2009 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Up The TFC View Post
    funny. i've seen that same clip atleast 5 times but until you pointed it out I didnt even notice the flip.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

front flips are hard shit, but beckham is the man, riot squad are morons, in one season ive seen dero shush up a limpact player after his shit goal was ruled offside and becks shush up douchebags in the stands, when i think back to the 09 season those 2 things will def be in my top 5 highlights
    Last edited by edmundo; 07-25-2009 at 03:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Up The TFC View Post
    That is an excellent video. Quality filming, excellent location, and fuck if Beckham isn't the man in it. As one of the commenters said, 'that was one word: pimp'

LOLLLLLLL it was the lowest-hyped front flip in the history of front flips.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$1,000 fine... Honestly, who the F&%$ are they kidding??? What a joke. So Funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edmundo View Post
    front flips are hard shit, but beckham is the man, riot squad are morons, in one season ive seen dero shush up a limpact player after his shit goal was ruled offside and becks shush up douchebags in the stands, when i think back to the 09 season those 2 things will def be in my top 5 highlights
    How on earth can you call the guys in the Riot Squad morons? If any player ever treated us like Beckham has treated them I'd do the exact same thing as they did....and I wouldn't be alone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    How on earth can you call the guys in the Riot Squad morons? If any player ever treated us like Beckham has treated them I'd do the exact same thing as they did....and I wouldn't be alone.
    Agreed. I must admit, I'd have a tough time holding back. BUT! They had to know that with Beckham, they'd get this massive sideshow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Agreed. I must admit, I'd have a tough time holding back. BUT! They had to know that with Beckham, they'd get this massive sideshow.
    They probably had to expect more media exposure, more soccer moms at the games etc. but these guys (the Riot Squad) were around before Beckham - they were Galaxy loyal before 99% of LA knew what the MLS was, so I kinda feel sorry for them.

At the end of the day, I'm with them on this one. Beckham 'cheated' on them, and while their owners and the MLS itself laid down like an emasculated cuckolds, the Riot Squad proved that they had balls.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They probably had to expect more media exposure, more soccer moms at the games etc. but these guys (the Riot Squad) were around before Beckham - they were Galaxy loyal before 99% of LA knew what the MLS was, so I kinda feel sorry for them.

At the end of the day, I'm with them on this one. Beckham and The MLS 'cheated' on them, and while their owners and the MLS itself laid down like an emasculated cuckolds, the Riot Squad proved that they had balls.
    One correction fine sir... The MLS had to let him go, they have gone a long way to bring added disfunction to the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the begining, the whole situation was handled so poorly that its hard not to laugh...until I realize that the joke is ultimately on us.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the begining, the whole situation was handled so poorly that its hard not to laugh...until I realize that the joke is ultimately on us.
    This is what I'm constantly whinging about. You hear the same rhetoric here regularly; "this is our league, and we don't care what others (Europeans) think". But what they fail to realise, is that we are missing out on quality players/football because of this attitude. It's borderline xenophobic behaviour, I realise that this is a bit of a stretch, but in football terms it is my estimation that this exists. The groupthink mentality is embarrassing at times and it hold back growth for the MLS and Toronto FC. I always hoped we'd be a progressive club vs. the rest of the league. In some ways we are, but in other ways we are "union" style throwbacks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that there's a lot more sympathy to what you're talking about than you might realize, but its sort of grounded by the reality that we're in the league that we're in and our power to influence that is limited (if its anything at all). I think we all know whats wrong with the league, but no amount of huffing and puffing on our part is going to change anything. Our best bet is to be a progressive force within the MLS community, but that's going to be a slow and frustrating process. I look forward to when the fans in Seatle hit their breaking point, and I know the people in Philly won't put up with shit so they'll be a welcomed addition too....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    This is what I'm constantly whinging about. You hear the same rhetoric here regularly; "this is our league, and we don't care what others (Europeans) think". But what they fail to realise, is that we are missing out on quality players/football because of this attitude. It's borderline xenophobic behaviour, I realise that this is a bit of a stretch, but in football terms it is my estimation that this exists. The groupthink mentality is embarrassing at times and it hold back growth for the MLS and Toronto FC. I always hoped we'd be a progressive club vs. the rest of the league. In some ways we are, but in other ways we are "union" style throwbacks...
    Do you think the groupthink approach has anything to do with the failure of every other sports league that has started in North America in the last 30 years that didn't use salary cap and the single entity approach? Maybe the union style "throwback," is because it's the only chance at success?

Missing out on some quality players (and if history is our guide what we're missing out on are older, washed up players and maybe half a dozen who could still play - no more than that) now in order to form a sound foundation for the league is the risk the guys actually spending their own money have taken. It's a risk and all they have to go by is past history. Slow growth or no growth.

With every other pro sport and the NCAA with already well-established fan bases in every city in the USA this is the most competitive market in the world, so the tactics used elsewhere aren't much help here.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...ffset=0&page=1

another interesting article about Beckham situation

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He keeps saying the fans "need to change". I suppose only someone with the global superstar status that Beckham has could possibly have the hubris to say that, but it certainly remains bullshit. Fans don't need to change. A player should never shush his own supporters. Beckham has officially drifted into asshole status for me...and I was a fan at one point. Players are supposed to let their play speak and are supposed to convince their fans of their commitment to the team through play and action. Neither has demonstrated commitment and dedication on Beckham's part and I for one continue to support LA Riot Squad in their discontent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...ffset=0&page=1

another interesting article about Beckham situation
    ...except the writer says: "his effigy once dangled in a noose outside a London pub — but had never found himself bogeyman to his own fans."

It wasn't Argentines hanging that effigy! That's why I think as much as people are trying to make this the unraveling of Beckham, I don't think he's that bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    A player should never shush his own supporters. Beckham has officially drifted into asshole status for me...Players are supposed to let their play speak and are supposed to convince their fans of their commitment to the team through play and action.
    Linked from that same article:

Brian Clough (Nottingham Forest manager, 1989) – clipped a couple of his own fans round the lugholes during a pitch invasion in a League Cup quarter-final against Queens Park Rangers.
    Jamie Carragher (Liverpool, 2008) – had to be dragged away by security guards from eight jokers wearing Scouse black wigs and yellow shell suits. Carra even climbed the stands and offered to fight the Luton Town fans.
    George Berry (Wolverhampton Wanderers, 1980) – was arrested for jumping into the paddock at Molineux and hitting seven bells out of a Wolves fan – his own! – giving him racial 'dogs' abuse' after he gifted Luther Blissett a goal in Watford's 3-0 FA Cup win.