Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default POST GAME: TFC v Houston

That's a difficult two points to lose. Controlled most of it, but let's face it, Boswell should already be playing in Europe and Cameron is a fucking monster, gone soon for sure.

So we got drawn by a couple of very good players. Tough to take. Defence should've pushed up faster on the goal, silly mistake.

Nana was brilliant, Vitti was a creating force. Robbo was up and down. Barrett had a tough one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we definately need real wingers to take on the wing backs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who hasn't been impressed with Guavera recently? His distribution just seems really poor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's the sort of draw that feels like a loss. We dominated and needed the points but you know, we have to stop talking about away form and home form etc. and concentrate on playing a good game. The turf is a game-killer, not just for us but for both teams, and I for one look forward to seeing TFC win on grass. I think this team has the ability and the inspiration to go on a big away run in the upcoming few weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone else see the pitch literally split during the second half when one player hit the brakes? Fuckin terrible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
    it's the sort of draw that feels like a loss. We dominated and needed the points but you know, we have to stop talking about away form and home form etc. and concentrate on playing a good game. The turf is a game-killer, not just for us but for both teams, and I for one look forward to seeing TFC win on grass. I think this team has the ability and the inspiration to go on a big away run in the upcoming few weeks.
    This is sort of where I am.

We played well today - offensively we were linking up well, and everyone had a chance or two that they were unable to finish. Keep this form up, and we will get results on the road

The one point is tough to swallow today, simply because we played so well for incredibly long stretches.

I look forward to Gerba suiting up for us soon. And I hope Serioux isn't out for long.

Look on the bright side - we are still top of the East for now, and still absolutely on track for the playoffs.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking can't wait till Canada gets eliminated and we get Ali Gerba ... thats all I have to say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm done with Brennan. His crosses are shit and he is largely responsible for standing around while he let Boswell run right past him.

I think Wynne has regressed, but Brennan has just been miserable.

DeRo is fucking awesome.

BMO Field is no longer a fortress. Not necessarily in the win column because we've won several times there already.

But I'm tired of seeing patches and patches of empty seats on the west end of the field. I thought that the 4:00 PM kickoffs were a detriment to attendance but now I'm thinking that the mania is over. The west end is never full and they're always the first to leave.

That bullshit annoys me because it is an eyesore to see a team that once had the best fans in MLS (since supplanted by Seattle in my book) half-assing it by either not showing up or showing up 30 minutes late.

I know the north and south end represent well and it looks like the east end as well. But that west end pisses me off.

Rant over.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
    ^ i second everything said there, soo disappointed
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Fucking can't wait till Canada gets eliminated and we get Ali Gerba ... thats all I have to say.
    nice patriotism

Not gonna happen

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should have won that game. They controlled the play, but dug in their heels in the second half. How many points have been lost playing that way?

And De Vos was an idiot that game, blaming Danny D for interfering in Frei's play when Danny was nowhere near him.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    Did anyone else see the pitch literally split during the second half when one player hit the brakes? Fuckin terrible.
    Nope. What part of te field and approx. how much into the game, what minute?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    best fans in MLS (since supplanted by Seattle in my book)

I feel like murdering puppies whenever I read this shit.

AGAIN- that's like saying Chelsea have the best fans in the Premiership. I bet you'll like them even more if they get little flags to wave and more lyrics are put on the scoreboard.
    Last edited by AdamZ; 07-18-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

standby for press conference? ... do they always show this? never seen it before ...

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    This is sort of where I am.

We played well today - offensively we were linking up well, and everyone had a chance or two that they were unable to finish. Keep this form up, and we will get results on the road

The one point is tough to swallow today, simply because we played so well for incredibly long stretches.

I look forward to Gerba suiting up for us soon. And I hope Serioux isn't out for long.

Look on the bright side - we are still top of the East for now, and still absolutely on track for the playoffs.

- Scott
    I think you hit it on the head, Scott. We certainly deserved the 3 points but thats football. The performance is the most important part as it builds toward consistency. Tough to swallow today but I am please with our form!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The field was terrible - players slipped so many times and the ball seem to bounce way more than it used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought a draw was a fair result. Houston was the better team in the second half and had a lot of corners. It's hard to take three points against a tough team, even at home. TFC was hurt by the Serioux injury, both Barrett and Brennan became less effective after the switch. I thought Dichio and Guevera were both poor. Houston, even without Davis, Ching and Holden still had some very good players: Kamara, Cameron and Boswell in particular.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to Cummins press conference, OBW should be ready to make an appearence on wednesday ... not that up front is where we need more people ... god i hope Serioux isn't out too long, and Garcia has been pissing me off pretty much from day one

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manic.street.preacher View Post
    according to Cummins press conference, OBW should be ready to make an appearence on wednesday ... not that up front is where we need more people ... god i hope Serioux isn't out too long, and Garcia has been pissing me off pretty much from day one
    Except for a couple of glaring brain farts, Garcia wasn't too bad I thought. I did think Wynne and Serioux had forgettable performances today. Attakora was great.

I look forward to OBW as well. More options to spark our attack is always a plus.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne had a good game: assisted the goal and got several other solid crosses in. A few defensive lapses but lots of solid defensive play as well.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Except for a couple of glaring brain farts, Garcia wasn't too bad I thought. I did think Wynne and Serioux had forgettable performances today. Attakora was great.

I look forward to OBW as well. More options to spark our attack is always a plus.

- Scott
    ^ for me, that's what Garcia is like all the time though, a couple really bad plays and then average for the rest ... Nana is a beast! once his passing improves, he'll be on a lot of radars

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanken View Post
    Am I the only one who hasn't been impressed with Guavera recently? His distribution just seems really poor.
    He does have other stuff on his mind that would take anyone off their game a bit, no matter who you are
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lost 2 points. But well 1 is better than 0...
    Will be nice to see Gerba suit up and hopefully he'll be bursting with confidence after helping Canada win the Gold Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am cheering for RSL, the rapids, and San Jose tonight....even ties i'd be happy with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget to cheer for a draw between DC and Columbus.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne had a decent game.
    Strong offensively but piss poor defensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missed chances. The DD one on that cross from Dero, the Barrett chip, The Dero turn around. Someone finish them off FFS. Can't wait for Gerba, he can't be worse than this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti and Barrett have to finish those 2 chances they had in the first!......HOpefully Gerba will take care of buisness in a few weeks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In many respects, this was one of the worst game-day experiences in the short history of the club. TFC just simply decided to play defense during the second half. I think I got a kink in my neck from looking northward from seat in 109 for 45 minutes. The Houston goal was a disgrace, but they absolutely deserved it.

DeRo was brilliant today, and fully deserved MOTM honours. As for Barrett, the less said, the better. Once again, Dichio made his presence known.

As for Robinson and Brennan, these two have disappointed me yet again.

My most damning opinion, though, is reserved for Cummins. Does anybody in this town know how to manage this game? Can anyone please explain his preference (like his predecessor) for just sitting on his hands all game, unwilling to use his three substitutes unless required by injury? What a useless twat.

And, I really hate to say it, but I feel it's true - but the South end was dead for most of the game. It's a sad statement when I can hear the TRN drums. Maybe the game being dry had everything to do with it, but what a dull game.

Finally, why were the usual exit gates kept closed after the game? What, did this have something to do with the Gold Cup match later in the afternoon? It came across as terrible crowd management. Who's to blame for that - BMO Field or ML$E?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasnt at the game......but it seemed like there was no atmoshere at all on TV??

East stand looked mostly Empty for the majority of the first half..