Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joel View Post
    Ya it was for Watchmen coming out on DVD
    alright then, that's persuaded me not to rent or buy that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    oh my god lol

they were dishing out what looked like watchmen matchbooks before game, but it turns out to be condoms
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That'd be a shame. Watchmen is fantastic, in my opinion. You'd be well advised to watch the live-motion comic video, or read the actual book first though.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read and enjoyed the book a few years ago, but I'm not a massive fan of blockbuster superhero type movies, so i didn't see it at the cinema.

But I did enjoy the book so I was debating getting it when it gets to rogers on demand, this is definitely a big checkmark for the no column.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read and enjoyed the book a few years ago, but I'm not a massive fan of blockbuster superhero type movies, so i didn't see it at the cinema.

But I did enjoy the book so I was debating getting it when it gets to rogers on demand, this is definitely a big checkmark for the no column.
    It's literally almost a scene for scene re-enactment of the book, so you'd probably like it. In fact, the movie got a lot of criticism for being too faithful of a re-enactment of the book, at the expense of pandering to the mindless "omg explosions" jagoffs.

Still some action movie moments, but I consider it on par with Lord of the Rings, as far as decent visualizations of the their source material.

Not to get off topic...

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as a result of the draw, TFC is now 4th in the east, 8th overall and out of a playoff spot
    http://web.mlsnet.com/standings/index.jsp

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh no. 8th placed team gets the last play off spot...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game was a draw but felt like a loss. It was ours to win, De Ro was fucking awesome. but there's something that I haven't read in any of these comments.
    I'd like to know what game was that ref was watching? did he leave his white stick and seeing eye dog at home? I have a 9 year old and the officials that he has are much better.
    Maybe it's because I'm used to watching EPL or Champions league that I'm used to a certain level of officiating but that was pathetic. I know it's a hard job and they can't see everything, but Jesus Christ that was shite! that game was the worst specticals of amateur refereeing that I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    uh no. 8th placed team gets the last play off spot...
    really? i was thinking this whole time it was top 6.. my bad... still, last playoff spot is worrisome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    really? i was thinking this whole time it was top 6.. my bad... still, last playoff spot is worrisome.
    If we had 2-3 games left, sure. I'm not too worried about it right now. We played dismal for like three months last season, and were still in the playoff race until what? The penultimate week of the season?

- Scott

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at least the team is not in a mid season funk like last 2 seasons

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG. I don't know what to make of this

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/te....jsp&team=t280

cummins
    O'Brian is a confident young lad and we wouldn't throw him in if he wasn't ready. I was tempted to bring him on against Houston last weekend but I thought it wasn't the right game for him.
    Is this why you threw Marco Velez in as a striker, coach?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    OMG. I don't know what to make of this

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/te....jsp&team=t280

Is this why you threw Marco Velez in as a striker, coach?
    well, Velez has more career goals in MLS than White

I don't know if it's a great idea to throw a kid in as a saviour in his first MLS game. ease him in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can someone please tell Guevara to fuck off when they have a free kick close to goal. he was taking corners at those free kicks. stop floating in the ball and get someone up who can drill it up and over the wall.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by windsorlad111 View Post
    can someone please tell Guevara to fuck off when they have a free kick close to goal. he was taking corners at those free kicks. stop floating in the ball and get someone up who can drill it up and over the wall.
    general idea is short distance, more accuracy. long distance, power

Guevara has been the primary set piece guy all year. he gets first shot

-Eduardo Galeano