Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post
    So what happened to the SJ defender on Barrett's goal?

Did he crush his nuts while he was running?

I thought maybe groin strain, hernia even. Can't find anything on the SJ site (TFC site has video from today up, SJ nothing).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Regardless, I'm just over the moon about 3 goals from our strikers. That's so un-TFC-like!
    I thought we all agreed that Vitti and Barrett are attacking midfielders now
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Betwixt the waters of the Humber and the Credit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think positioning is his greatest strength - and goals are goals. I tip my hat off to anyone giving us goals. Sure he misses a lot of chances, but if he put in even half of those he'd be in the Premier League by now anyway. Regardless, I'm just over the moon about 3 goals from our strikers. That's so un-TFC-like!

And he's now third in team scoring, behind Dero & Amado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    I thought maybe groin strain, hernia even. Can't find anything on the SJ site (TFC site has video from today up, SJ nothing).
    TFC definitely leads the league in terms of web site video content.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I thought we all agreed that Vitti and Barrett are attacking midfielders now
    I agree - we don't exactly have very traditional strikers, but at least they are contributing now - AND scoring goals too. I'm very happy with both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    TFC definitely leads the league in terms of web site video content.
    Yeah, no kidding. I've always been extremely impressed by the online content. Now, of course, they have to also supply Goal TV - so that just means more content all together. Great for us

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree - we don't exactly have very traditional strikers, but at least they are contributing now - AND scoring goals too. I'm very happy with both.
    Chad Barrett is a 'traditional' striker. Except he can't finish most of the time.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Chad Barrett is a 'traditional' striker. Except he can't finish most of the time.
    What is traditional nowadays anyway? Barrett puts in a lot of work on the wings, midfield as well as up front - and that's not exactly traditional for a striker. Regardless, he scored twice tonight. Tonight I sing his praise - and I will do that next weekend as well. Just my way of thanking him for 2 goals.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a good game tonight, good effort, cashed in when the chances knocked, and left the Bay Area with three points heading home for an appointment with the Dynamo. SJ's effort was piss poor after the Huckerby goal -- looks like it gave them hope...and then, take forty five boys.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chad Barrett also gets the lulz of the week for the popping the collar celebration.

Yes folks. He is that suave and cool

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So next weekend is Houston at home at 1pm followed by Canada vs. Houston in the Gold Cup at 5pm. That's what I call a great day of footy.
    I thought Canada played Honduras?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman View Post
    I thought Canada played Honduras?
    Oops..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? A canadian footy double header? Sweeeeet.
    Thats gotta be a first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First league road win by more than 1 goal? (Not that we've had many)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevvv View Post
    San Jose now has something on him...

For the Earthquakes, they not only lost the game, but also will have to do without defender Aaron Pitchkolan for a while, who went down injured in the second half on a play that led to the final Toronto goal.
    http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news....jsp&team=t110

Ouch.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post
    Wynne at right wing would be his ideal position. Good ball winning ability one on one, great wheels to take on defenders and decent crosser. Plus speed to get back and defend.

He'll have much more influence on the game from midfield. Nana's showing that the RB spot is his to claim in the near future. But Wynne still has a lot to offer.
    I don't think Wynne would fit in our midfield. We have some pretty technical players in mid, and by technical I mean... generally able to pass simple balls and have okay first touches. Wynne would result in quite a few lost balls down the right side. Especially since this team likes to feed the wingers and let them duke it out themselves with little support.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Brings up a question......about our D.

at CB.....would you rather have Nana-Serioux or Nana-Garcia or Garcia-Serioux.

I think Wynne has become a liability out there game after game defensively, offensively he does well. Jimmy B will always be at LB/LM.
    Good question... IMO Its gonna be Nana-Serioux/Garcia... we need a little speed at CB, and both Serioux and Garcia are SLOW. Remember the RSL game? I think if Nana were staying back at CB we'd have had a much better chance to contain Movsisyan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti had his best game ever... the entire team played well... if Amado would have finished one of his misses, it would have been a prefect game for me... It was great watching the game yesterday...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the game on match center and listening to SJ commentators that know Toronto player names and history better then most of the TFC ones it's sad. CBC and RSN needs to get better commentary.

Other then our defense which as been subpar all season I'm ok with it been a good watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC*FAN View Post
    First league road win by more than 1 goal? (Not that we've had many)
    3-1 win at NYRB last October.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Watching the game on match center and listening to SJ commentators that know Toronto player names and history better then most of the TFC ones it's sad. CBC and RSN needs to get better commentary.

Other then our defense which as been subpar all season I'm ok with it been a good watch.
    This is the straight truth.... It was painful to hear Dobson and Forrest yesterday... literally NO EMOTION... we need a commentator that will showcase this beautiful game for what it is... we need our Chuck Swirsky!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just want to point out as I haven't noticed it being said but TFC has reached 25 points in 17 games. The fastest we have ever reached the mark as it took 19 games last season and well 30 during the first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    This is the straight truth.... It was painful to hear Dobson and Forrest yesterday... literally NO EMOTION... we need a commentator that will showcase this beautiful game for what it is... we need our Chuck Swirsky!
    "Oh craig, you broke your chair, your going to have to watch the rest of this match standing" Gerry dobson

"i'm going to have to lose some weight" Craig Forrest

WTF!!!

that guys groin pull was bad, i felt sad for him but happy for us!!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering the shit that's been going on in Honduras right now, I wouldn't blame Guevara if he had other things on his mind right now. Especially with his family still there.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very nice to see this from Chad and Pablo last night!

If they can both get untracked (finally) then we will be very dangerous, especially when Gerba gets into the mix.

I'm not going to declare both Chad and Pablo "fine" yet, but they certainly have been better lately.

Chad always does better on goals when he doesn't have to think. Taking that first goal like that was perfect!
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like Barrett to take the tough chances well and miss the easy open headers. Nevertheless he played well, and Vitti was very dangerous after he scored his goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anyone else worried that Chad was going to miss the ball on his last touch into the open net? Cause there was a small part of me thinking, I think he's missed easier shots before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Was anyone else worried that Chad was going to miss the ball on his last touch into the open net? Cause there was a small part of me thinking, I think he's missed easier shots before.
    ya I did. I mean I've seen people like Buddle, Cunningham, and Vitti fail on those 1-on-1's with the keeper, so it was in my mind. Just goes to show that even those situations are not 100% guaranteed and Barrett should still get credit for keeping his cool and beating Cannon (who is a very good keeper in this league).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I felt exactly the same thing Kaz....I half expected him to roll it wide or blast it over the top! But he didn't...

That game was close, it was anybodys at half-time, and really San Jose was looking far more dangerous than we were. Whatever was said at half really worked wonders...

Give Wynne a little credit, he was trying to cover up for Garcia's lack of pace and trying to mark Huckerby - that's a tall order for anyone. Huckerby is probably the most dangerous winger in the league.

Give San Jose credit, they had a game plan and it almost worked. They have some useful attackers, quick big and strong...

I thought we were a much better side in the second and dominated - san Jose really lacks some self belief..

Garcia is still invaluable in the middle, even if his lack of pace is cruelly exposed at times...

They all played well - well done TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti had an exceptional game. Exceptional. He was the catalyst to about half our attakcs, the guy who was willing to take a run on his man and move the play forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Jose vultures are circling over Frank Yallop.. ready to kill...
    interesting to read the other perspective....

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1097906