Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Post Game: TFC at SJ.

Very lucky to get 3 pts IMO, but I'll take it
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ALL 3 goals from our strikers!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, we made a few mistakes in defense (as usual), and our third goal was very lucky, plus San Jose also made lots of mistakes... just glad we were on the right side of things today, and its 3 more points on the road to the playoffs!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of us are still watching the game, shithead!

I'll be back to comment on the end of the game, as soon as I can get the DeLorean up to 88mph.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was impressed by Vitti's ball control the entire game. It felt sometimes he wasn't even trying when getting around the SJ players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats Ryan Johnson for being San Jose MVP tonight. Your reward: winning a free haircut from SuperCuts in the bay area. lol

San Jose is such a shit club.

Anyway, TFC got 3 points on road.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah if Vitti continues playing like that this is gonna be a good second half of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOO!!! Great game. Baby 1st place!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barrett played like a man who may lose his job tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First ever win against San Jose with our first ever goals against them.

Columbus and Seattle are up next as far as teams we've yet to beat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big win. I have now seen Vitti score in person and now on TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good victory tonight. Good to see Barrett and Vitti hitting their strides.

P.S. You shouldn't post the result in the thread title. A generic title is usually sufficient as people are still watching the game or might have recorded it for later viewing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two goals from flicks into the air.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Very lucky to get 3 pts IMO, but I'll take it
    i dunno about lucky... the word lucky makes me think San Jose actually coulda had a win... TFC dominated San Jose overall and deserved the 3 points

It was really only a competitive match by San Jose for the first 40 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defence is still horrible....if SJ were any good.....oh wait.......if that Campos guy was any good....he would of scored one or two.

We need Nana at RB and Wynne in the midfield or on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what happened to the SJ defender on Barrett's goal?

Did he crush his nuts while he was running?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    Defence is still horrible..
    defence was MLS defence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post

I am suprised, Barrett actually got around Cannon.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ratings

Frei: 7
    -made good saves and looked confident on goal. couldn't do much on Huckerby goal

Wynne: 6
    -defensively sucked. left Huckerby alone multiple times and lucky to get burned only once. offensive did ok. looks like he needs to get back into the groove after not having a match in few weeks

Garcia: 6
    -got exposed a few times due to speed and strenth of SJ strikers. also made a big blunder that Compost failed to capitalize on. he did seem more vocal and defence was less bad than other road games

Attakora: 7
    -worked his butt off. best TFC defender of the night. assisted on Vitti goal, showing good awareness. needs to grow more stronger as he couldn't handle Compost and Johnson, though didnt make any critical mistakes

Serioux: 6.5
    -another decent outing. got really physical and only defender who didn't have trouble handling SJ strikers. however played LB so was less effective than as CB

Robinson: 7.5
    -played DM role very well. SJ couldn't get anything going through centre most of the time. passing was pretty bad, but typical Robbo game

Brennan: 6.5
    -played as LW and was ok. had trouble with Alvarez's speed, but offensively was very aware

Guevara: 6
    -pretty bad game for Guevara. shooting was off, and couldn't get really involved in the game due to very conjested centre of the pitch. unlucky to score on a point blank shot that Cannon had to make a great save on

DeRosario: 6.5
    -had a rough time on RW. was better in 2nd half. did assist on Barrett first goal. narrow pitch really hampered his direct running. his crossing and pass was not very good

Vitti: 7.5
    -very good outing by Vitti as he got more confident, esp after the goal. bambuzzled SJ defenders a few times. he's slowing showing that he is worth keeping

Barrett: 8.5 (MoM)
    -2 goals. One was nice awareness goal getting on DeRo's flick. 2nd goal was more lucky, but still didn't screw it up going around Cannon for easy tap in. got on end of crosses and passes. showed what he could do when his game is really on

Cummins: 7
    -the game went more due to flow than Cummin's coaching, but he didn't make any critical mistakes

Subs
    Dichio: 6
    -came on late in the game, and did pretty much same.

Velez: n/a
    -came in too late to have any effect on the game

Overall:
    -got a bit lucky due to Pitchkolan having that injury for Barrett's 2nd goal. otherwise game could have been a draw. as expected, SJ's attack went through their flanks. Huckerby was very dangerous. Alvarez had an ok game. Johnson was also good for SJ
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S_D View Post

Ran out of talent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

San Jose looked about as bad as the Shite Bulls in the 2nd half... and we all know how bad that is.

Poor SJ defender though... that's gotta be terrible. Getting injured AND be responsible for a goal....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-got a bit lucky due to Pitchkolan having that injury for Barrett's 2nd goal. otherwise game could have been a draw.
    why would it have been a draw? barrett's made it a 2 goal lead.

even if Pitchkolan doesn't collapse and give barrett a goal, it's still a 2-1 game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a cockiness and swagger to Serioux's play that really seems to give the team an added element.

He's got a calm and settled attitude playing the ball and isn't afraid to beat players one on one to gain added space and time. Chooses good moments to come forward as well. And leaves a mark or two for added effect.

Very happy with his play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    why would it have been a draw? barrett's made it a 2 goal lead.
    SJ was getting their chances just before Barrett's goal.

going two goal down pretty much took the steam out of SJ

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a good sign when you win against teams that you are supposed to beat. Attakora is a real asset to the squad. His solid and reliable play allows the coaching staff to change formation and give different looks. He's very good man-to-man and his assist on Vitt's goal was a good physical header. I thought that Brennan played admirably on the wing and supplied a couple of exellent crosses in the first half. Robbo had a great game. He made a goal line save, made multiple clearances in the box, and his passes were on target. Vitti looked very dangerous throughout the second half. Yeah we were playing San Jose, but everyone was involved and we actually looked like we were playing as a team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    ALL 3 goals from our strikers!!!
    Finally!
    Good game from Toronto. The defence was a bit shaddy, and Brennan looked comfortable in mid field. The atmosphere in San Jose was like that of a daycare. All I heard were children yelling/crying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ratings

Frei: 7
    -made good saves and looked confident on goal. couldn't do much on Huckerby goal

Wynne: 6
    -defensively sucked. left Huckerby alone multiple times and lucky to get burned only once. offensive did ok. looks like he needs to get back into the groove after not having a match in few weeks

you give him someone who sucked a 6???? ill give him a 3 for showing up. he looked like he totally didnt belong with us. reminded me of that ali dia clip.

Garcia: 6
    -got exposed a few times due to speed and strenth of SJ strikers. also made a big blunder that Compost failed to capitalize on. he did seem more vocal and defence was less bad than other road games

id give him a 5 for that blunder, that was embarrassing to watch

Attakora: 7
    -worked his butt off. best TFC defender of the night. assisted on Vitti goal, showing good awareness. needs to grow more stronger as he couldn't handle Compost and Johnson, though didnt make any critical mistakes

Serioux: 6.5
    -another decent outing. got really physical and only defender who didn't have trouble handling SJ strikers. however played LB so was less effective than as CB

Robinson: 7.5
    -played DM role very well. SJ couldn't get anything going through centre most of the time. passing was pretty bad, but typical Robbo game

Brennan: 6.5
    -played as LW and was ok. had trouble with Alvarez's speed, but offensively was very aware

Guevara: 6
    -pretty bad game for Guevara. shooting was off, and couldn't get really involved in the game due to very conjested centre of the pitch. unlucky to score on a point blank shot that Cannon had to make a great save on

DeRosario: 6.5
    -had a rough time on RW. was better in 2nd half. did assist on Barrett first goal. narrow pitch really hampered his direct running. his crossing and pass was not very good

Vitti: 7.5
    -very good outing by Vitti as he got more confident, esp after the goal. bambuzzled SJ defenders a few times. he's slowing showing that he is worth keeping

Barrett: 8.5 (MoM)
    -2 goals. One was nice awareness goal getting on DeRo's flick. 2nd goal was more lucky, but still didn't screw it up going around Cannon for easy tap in. got on end of crosses and passes. showed what he could do when his game is really on

lol, the first goal was good, but the second was a comedy of mistakes. id give him a 7.5

Cummins: 7
    -the game went more due to flow than Cummin's coaching, but he didn't make any critical mistakes

Subs
    Dichio: 6
    -came on late in the game, and did pretty much same.

Velez: n/a
    -came in too late to have any effect on the game

Overall:
    -got a bit lucky due to Pitchkolan having that injury for Barrett's 2nd goal. otherwise game could have been a draw. as expected, SJ's attack went through their flanks. Huckerby was very dangerous. Alvarez had an ok game. Johnson was also good for SJ
    need to write a message here so i can post it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick someone make another "Columbus concaccaf cl" youtube video

"do you have any idea what he and pablo vitti are capable of doing, once they get going? It will be goal, after goal, after, goal, after goal!"

hahaha well done boyz

ironic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with yohan on robinson though. i'm usually very critical of him, but robbo played quite well defensively today. still not worth that salary though for being the player that he is IMO. but credit where its due.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this was one of Robbos best games so far this year.. He won a lot of tight balls, broke up plays and I think his passing was above average tonight.

Barret got a couple of nice/lucky goals. Vitti looked good too but I'd choose Robinson for MotM..
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...