Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS week 17 thread

Let's try to keep all game threads and predictions and whatnot on this thread.

I will post stream links as they come available

Some good games this week though

Kansas City at New England (4pm)
    -two mid table teams and inconsistent teams battling out to a draw

Houston at Seattle (4pm)
    -Probably the best defence going up against one of the more creative attacking squad in MLS. Houston has trouble scoring on the road esp with Ching and Seattle will find Houston defence hard to crack. 1-1 draw prediction

Columbus at Chicago (8pm)
    -Two rivals going at it. Columbus will want to play better than last week's draw vs DC where they frankly lucked out to get a draw, and Chicago's form has been not good lately. I still think Chicago has enough firepower to take Columbus, esp with no Chad Marshall for Columbus.

Dallas at Colorado (930pm)
    -Dallas has been playing decent lately, and Colorado suddenly plays like mid table team they were expected to be. Dallas's away form has been terrible though, and Colorado should take all 3 points

LA at Chivas (11pm)
    -Another heated derby match. LA is starting to squeaks some 1-0 games, however unconvincingly. Chivas's dominant first half form suddenly disappeared and looks vulnerable.
    Probably another draw.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KC @ NE - draw
    HOU (sans Ching, who's at the Gold Cup) @ SEA - SEA win
    CLB @ CHI - CHI win
    DAL @ COL - COL win
    LA @ CHV - CHV win
    TFC @ SJ - TFC win
    Last edited by twistedchinaman; 07-12-2009 at 02:55 AM.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by twistedchinaman View Post
    KC @ NE - draw
    HOU (sans Ching, who's at the Gold Cup) @ SEA - SEA win
    CLB @ CHI - CHI win
    DAL @ COL - COL win
    LA @ CHV - CHV win
    TFC @ SJ - TFC win
    What he said!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KC vs. NE on Expressvu (296)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh dear lord

Houston defence is missing Cameron, Boswell, Hainault. That's basically their back 4 lol

Julis James to get a start

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

on paper, Houston will do well to come out with a draw, with Ching and Holden away on Gold Cup duties

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julius James shitting his pants twice already

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

both teams defence looks shaky, and Seattle defence gave Houston too much room and Brad Davis blasts one

1-0 Houston

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man that Seattle crowd looks way better than at our games.
    But then again they have no beer garden to contend with to draw people out of their seats.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Man that Seattle crowd looks way better than at our games.
    But then again they have no beer garden to contend with to draw people out of their seats.
    and most of them are STANDING

their chants are getting better every game too

I think seattle will surpass toronto as best atmosphere in MLS, since they will keep growing as we seem to have stagnated

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh boys. The linesman screws this up and Montero 'scores' on a goal which looked like Chabala cleared off the line

Houston 1-1 Seattle

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful play by Montero but totally not a goal there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

I think Seattle will surpass Toronto as best atmosphere in MLS, since they will keep growing as we seem to have stagnated
    From what I see, they already have.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

halftime KC 0-0 NE
    HOU 1-1 SEA

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey in that NE game, did they remove seats from behind one goal? I could have sworn there was a whole fricken section there before. am I right?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-1 Seattle. Ianni with a goal

I reboot my computer and I miss a goal. blah

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ties would be the best results for us in all games with the exception of Houston and Chivas. Since the top 2 teams in the West are guarenteed a play-off spot we may as well have these 2 teams run away with it and beat all our competition in both confernces.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mullan subbed off for Houston for youngster Cruz.

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Final 2-1 Seattle
    KC 0-0 NE

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

I think seattle will surpass toronto as best atmosphere in MLS, since they will keep growing as we seem to have stagnated
    It's year 1, though.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's year 1, though.
    yeah. but what a year 1 they are having as an MLS franchise

now I dunno how true this comment is, but the commentators were saying that the Sounders were being spoken of, and being treated with same respect as Seahawks and Mariners

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait till the real west coast supporters join the mls!!

timber army is the shit

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPBLondon View Post
    wait till the real west coast supporters join the mls!!

timber army is the shit
    I can't take a team named Timbers seriously though.

who came up with that name?

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao at one crew fan with a yellow hard hat

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heres a great stream

http://www.justin.tv/mundocramex

heres hoping for a draw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)