RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2010 Real Salt Lake Kit Revealed

SANDY, Utah (Wednesday, July 8, 2009) – Real Salt Lake and XanGo, LLC announced today a three-year renewal of the Major League Soccer club’s historic title jersey-front sponsorship; financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. The original contract, announced in November, 2006, made history in being the first jersey-front sponsorship in U.S professional sports. Since that time, several other MLS clubs have announced similar partnerships with major global brands.

With the renewal of the jersey-front sponsorship between these two growing Utah entities, Real Salt Lake expressed its appreciation for XanGo’s ongoing commitment to the club and the game of soccer. The current 2009 campaign marks the third season that the XanGo brand has been emblazoned across the front of Real Salt Lake’s home and away jerseys, a partnership that has spanned the entirety of RSL Head Coach Jason Kreis’ tenure on the sideline, the opening of RSL’s new Rio Tinto Stadium home in Sandy last October, and the clinching of the team’s first-ever playoff berth shortly thereafter.

“We are very pleased to continue our partnership with XanGo, and to represent their brand on our jersey through the 2013 season,” said Real Salt Lake and Rio Tinto Stadium President Bill Manning. “XanGo is a great asset to the Utah business community and we appreciate their continued support of our organization.”

Utah-based XanGo is the recognized creator and international market leader in the health and wellness from the mangosteen, a prized fruit from Southeast Asia. XanGo’s multi-year deal with Real Salt Lake includes signage and promotional opportunities at the world-class Rio Tinto Stadium, the continuation of the annual XanGo Cup international exhibition contest each summer, and representation on select adidas/RSL training and off-field gear to promote the XanGo/RSL partnership.

“As a global company that prides itself in innovation, XanGo is very pleased to have joined Real Salt Lake in this partnership as the first jersey-front sponsors in U.S. professional sports, and we are happy to see other major brands follow our lead and support soccer in North America,” said XanGo Founder/Board Member Gordon Morton. “This partnership is ideal for XanGo and our global brand in the sense that our brand goes wherever the team plays and that soccer is the world’s game. We promise that XanGo and its more than one million Distributors worldwide will continue to support Real Salt Lake both at home and abroad.”

Real Salt Lake and XanGo will continue to be synonymous with the outstanding roster of international soccer events heading to Rio Tinto Stadium, beginning with the fourth annual edition of the XanGo Cup this Saturday, July 11, against Mexico’s Club América. The “Summer of Soccer” in Sandy continues in three weeks’ time with the 2009 MLS All-Star Game on Wednesday, July 29, and concludes on Labor Day weekend with the U.S. Men’s National Team’s World Cup Qualifier against El Salvador on Saturday, Sept. 5.

www.RealSaltLake.com / www.RioTintoStadium.com / www.RSLtotheCore.com

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you take look at the crest, it is new, they dropped the teams name from it. Looks slick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    If you take look at the crest, it is new, they dropped the teams name from it. Looks slick.
    Yeah its sharp, i like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crest is the same as what is currently on the jersey. they do have a secondary one with there name on it, but that's not on the current or future jersey.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    The crest is the same as what is currently on the jersey. they do have a secondary one with there name on it, but that's not on the current or future jersey.
    Just checked, your right, I guess I just always missed that.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Looks great! Hopefully our next design will be that good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the crest, but I think the shirt itself is too busy. I think the kits for most MLS clubs are way too cluttered - too much shit going on. I include ours in that list.

And when are Adidas finally going to get rid of the shitty stripes down the arms?

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bullshit.

I've got exclusive photos of the REAL Real Salt Lake jerseys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC's next kit should just be a tuxedo t-shirt.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The crest is looking better than before, but I'm still not impressed with the name to begin with and I don't think they can ever change my mind over that. Aside from that, it's a fairly straightforward shirt. The one thing I don't like is the yellow collar, other than that, looks alright.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    The crest is looking better than before, but I'm still not impressed with the name to begin with and I don't think they can ever change my mind over that. Aside from that, it's a fairly straightforward shirt. The one thing I don't like is the yellow collar, other than that, looks alright.
    Bow before the King of Utah!

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

another crappy jersey for a crappy team.

blue armpit covers? is that for the sweatier players on the team?
    yellow outline? to further enhance the logo?
    multi-coloured collar? living in utah is embarrassing enough, forcing the team to wear this is ridiculous.

clearly, i'm not a fan of the shirt

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is waaaaaay too early to be bringing out their next kit. I think it's a prototype but I don't think this is it. Heck, we haven't even played the All star game and we are already getting pics of next years kits? Since when has the MLS or any team been this 'on it' when it comes to these types of things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ya the name is fricken lame. Of all the names to rip off from a Euro team, why would they choose that? It makes no sense at all and has no connection to Salt Lake historically or linguistically... and the average person probably thinks "Real? is that opposed to Fake Salt Lake?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ It's funny, but one of the biggest pet peeves I have with MLS is their stupid team naming trends. Remember, Philadelphia could have easily been branded as AC Philadelphia - an obvious reference to the big-name club of AC Milan. And does anyone remember the Colorado Arsenal fiasco a few years back?

Bottom line, if MLS wants to be taken seriously both at home and abroad, clubs have to create and market their own unique identity.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone FC View Post
    This is waaaaaay too early to be bringing out their next kit. I think it's a prototype but I don't think this is it. Heck, we haven't even played the All star game and we are already getting pics of next years kits? Since when has the MLS or any team been this 'on it' when it comes to these types of things.

adidas will have the world cup 2010 kits starting in fall 09 we were told.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    I think TFC's next kit should just be a tuxedo t-shirt.

- Scott
    That would be a complete rip off of the RPB Tailgate team which already Sports a Red Tuxedo shirt since May 23rd.

Whenever in doubt at a tailgate look for someone wearing a red tuxedo shirt

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay P View Post
    adidas will have the world cup 2010 kits starting in fall 09 we were told.

Well that's the world cup...we're the MLS. The redheaded step child for Adidas who loves to test out new designs that interns came up with that they wouldn't dare kit Liverpool in.
    I still think it's a mock up but we'll see. All I care about is 2011 TFC kits anyhow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    ya the name is fricken lame. Of all the names to rip off from a Euro team, why would they choose that? It makes no sense at all and has no connection to Salt Lake historically or linguistically... and the average person probably thinks "Real? is that opposed to Fake Salt Lake?"
    I'm pretty certain they're called Real Salt Lake because of their formal relationship with Real Madrid. So they hardly 'ripped it off'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    And when are Adidas finally going to get rid of the shitty stripes down the arms?

- Scott
    I think b/c its one of their trademark it is not going away anytime soon

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    I'm pretty certain they're called Real Salt Lake because of their formal relationship with Real Madrid. So they hardly 'ripped it off'
    curious to know whether partnership with RM was formed before the team came into existence

either way, it's pretty lame. should Rapids be named Colorado Arsenal then?

copycats just cheapen the team brand and image in the long run. be unique
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    should Rapids be named Colorado Arsenal then?
    I don't see a problem with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Mountain_Arsenal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regardless of what their kit looks like..they're still a bunch of wankers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    well played sir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon guys, that's really stretching the most tenuous of connections.

Were they really naming the team after a weapons storage facility closed down in the 1980s which was responsible for the manufacturing of several war materials now criminalized under international law and whose legacy is decades of soil and ground water contamination?

Call me crazy, but I really think they were copying the world-renown team from London.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post

^^ i've been stopped by those doofuses three times in moose jaw and given them three different responses ("i don't believe in god" "i'm catholic" "seriously fuck off") ... and three were massive fails ... at least they're persistant i guess

can't say i'm keen on the long sleeves, but i've really never been fond of RSL's kit anyways
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~