Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    you seem to have skimmed over the point.

this is a HUGE night for all sports bar owners (Joe's included) and asking him to give up one of the big screens (that 200+ people want to watch) for us just isn't fair to him. He's going well out of his way to run cables and give us a 'private section'.

the point of the thread was really for people who might not have realized that a big UFC was going on at the same time as TFC, and might have walked into a bar unaware.

now we just need to show the fight night guys how loud we can be!

cheers i dont get up to joe's much, guess you'd know better then i would

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderBaby View Post
    Will anyone be going to the BOHO to watch? Are they showing it?
    I have to say I`m quite pissed at everyone at BOHO.. I showed up for the second half of the RSL v TFC game a week or two ago, and NO ONE WAS WATCHING TV. The owner was wearing a baby blue shirt, and there was Setanta playing on the TV`s.

I asked one of the waitresses if they were showing the game, and she wasn`t even aware of what I was talking about. I felt like an idiot, and I`m a huge Liverpool supporter.

I`m not sure if I`ll be heading there anymore.. got the impression the guy could give two fks about TFC, and if that`s the case I could give 2 fks about him.. as much as I like the place.

On a side note.. where were all the Canada fans at Joe`s last night? I went with Rico and a friend - absolutely no one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zeelaw View Post
    Wait a sec. We go to Shoeless Joes and dump so much cash into that place and they bump us out to the street for one fight?

We`ve not exactly been showing up in droves for away TFC or Canada games, and this isn`t just one fight. It`s UFC 100, and GSP (George St. Pierre), the number 1 ranked fighter in the sport, and a Canadian, will be fighting to defend his title.

Yes, expect a bunch of drunken hybrid frat/street boys with tapout shirts to be giving mean looks.. I`m down to show`em how the hoolies do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    Seriously? Real sports? You and John McCain should go an adventure to the nineties together. People on here bitch that soccer doesnt get the attention it deserves and then other say things like this.
    UFC is overhyped, media created spectacle, populated by ugly, dumb, neanderthal men who get half naked and rub up against each other, and then put their opponents in wrestling moves on the ground where you get to enjoy no movement for 2 minutes while you wonder if the guy will tap out. FUN!

If people cared half as much for a real sport like soccer, a sport that everyone can play, as they do about this media-created faux-violent spectacle, soccer would be on a better footing. But no, they get sucked in with the masses and their UFC pablum.

I'll stick to the beautiful game
    Last edited by rocker; 07-08-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is hardly a scheduling conflict.......watch the biggest UFC card in history or another TFC road loss??? I choose UFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ochos View Post
    I felt like an idiot, and I`m a huge Liverpool supporter.
    * bites tongue *

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

going up north so I'm going to tape the game and UFC or try to find a bar that is playing the fight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to watch the game at the Ceilidh house and tape UFC and watch it sunday

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit that I am still undecided. It would have been easier if TFC was away but still against an eastern team, I would have watched both. I think it will end up being a footy weekend (with Canada's game on friday night also) and just save myself the $50 or $60 to get the fight (still cheaper than watching it at a bar). Too bad though, it is an incredible card.
    Father. . . Husband. . . Freemason. . . Redpatch Boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    UFC is overhyped, media created spectacle, populated by ugly, dumb, neanderthal men who get half naked and rub up against each other, and then put their opponents in wrestling moves on the ground where you get to enjoy no movement for 2 minutes while you wonder if the guy will tap out. FUN!

If people cared half as much for a real sport like soccer, a sport that everyone can play, as they do about this media-created faux-violent spectacle, soccer would be on a better footing. But no, they get sucked in with the masses and their UFC pablum.

Congratulations.........you are now the Bob McCowan of the MMA world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems so long since the last TFC game that I was starting to think we're in the off-season.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC? whozzat?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha.

also, the INDY is going on this weekend, so expect bad traffic everywhere near the lake / CNE grounds.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post

not sure if serious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I for one would like to say thanks for the reminder and heads up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post

Congratulations.........you are now the Bob McCowan of the MMA world.

hahaha best qoute!

ignorance is bliss i guess!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'll be watching the TFC game at the Duke.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tfc: Yay!

Ufc100: No Way!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha.

also, the INDY is going on this weekend, so expect bad traffic everywhere near the lake / CNE grounds.
    The Indy should be over by 5 or 6pm though our. But the traffic patterns are definitely messed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Tfc: Yay!

Ufc100: No Way!
    GSP - Canadian World Champion!!! Deserves some support too ... this is what Tivo is for; will make time for both.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ochos View Post
    I have to say I`m quite pissed at everyone at BOHO.. I showed up for the second half of the RSL v TFC game a week or two ago, and NO ONE WAS WATCHING TV. The owner was wearing a baby blue shirt, and there was Setanta playing on the TV`s.

I asked one of the waitresses if they were showing the game, and she wasn`t even aware of what I was talking about. I felt like an idiot, and I`m a huge Liverpool supporter.

I`m not sure if I`ll be heading there anymore.. got the impression the guy could give two fks about TFC, and if that`s the case I could give 2 fks about him.. as much as I like the place.

On a side note.. where were all the Canada fans at Joe`s last night? I went with Rico and a friend - absolutely no one!
    I was in the area last night so popped in to boho to check if they would be showing the game on saturday, and this was almost exactly my experience.

Waitress was clueless, which is fair enough, I'm sure she's a good waitress and knows her stuff about the food and wine they've got.

And the owner/manager guy also gave me the impression he couldn't care less about tfc. He said if it's on tv then they'll show it, but i would definitely expect a bit more enthusiasm, or even the small bit of knowledge that the game was actually on. I guess the tfc scarves he's got up are just for show.

The only positive was that rather than merely ambivalent, he was fully dismissive of ufc, so you can pretty much guarantee that ufc definitely won't be showing there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Blue View Post
    This is hardly a scheduling conflict.......watch the biggest UFC card in history or another TFC road loss??? I choose UFC

I have changed my mind I think......I will watch the UFC on my PC and the TFC game on the TV or vice versa

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Joe's when it's ours. When UFC is on I need an alternative. The Football Factory is more than happy to take my business and puts TFC before UFC as I do.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC is the most boring crap ever.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    UFC is the most boring crap ever.
    and a lot of people say that about our sport of choice too. It's all relative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that fad hasnt passed yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and a lot of people say that about our sport of choice too. It's all relative.
    Amen.

People who says that UFC is "boring" and a "bloodsport" and all that kinda crap are just like the people who call "soccer" boring and dull.

The reason for both is that they don't understand it and are mainly ignorant.

I used to think that UFC was brutal and that it was unwatchable. I never even watched any of the PPV's during the first 10 + years.

Then when The Ultimate Fighter reality show began, I started to watch it out of curiosity. As I watched that show, I gained an appreciation for the sport because I learned more about it. I understood what the combantants were actually doing when they were "hugging on the ground".

If you have tried to learn about MMA and you still don't like it, I can respect that. However, if you simply put it down because of some kind of elitist attitude.......well, just like Bob MacCown............you are a bit of douche.

(For the record, other than the soccer douchebaggery bit, I do like MacCown).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who says that UFC is "boring" and a "bloodsport" and all that kinda crap are just like the people who call "soccer" boring and dull.

The reason for both is that they don't understand it and are mainly ignorant.
    Q.F.T.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this was a football board?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people are bringing up a very valid point - both TFC and UFC are 'fringe' sports here in North America, and we shouldn't be so quick to judge them, just like we ask others to avoid judging us.