Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    LINK?
    I don't have a link. I get TFC news delivered to my inbox everyday from their website. Get all the latest news and updates, before I get out of bed. It's great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawkus_420 View Post
    Why aren't we going to take mcbride, woudlnt that make the most sense???? did i miss something?
    McBride has basically told the league that it is Chicago or nothing. This in a way kind of ties Mo's hands, he can't be too much of a pushover but if he demands too much the league will just step in like they've done in the past and screw them over. Dallas got screwed twice, once with Donovan and then again with Adu. In the end MLS will place a player of McBride's calibre anywhere they want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by invictusTFC View Post
    McBride has basically told the league that it is Chicago or nothing. This in a way kind of ties Mo's hands, he can't be too much of a pushover but if he demands too much the league will just step in like they've done in the past and screw them over. Dallas got screwed twice, once with Donovan and then again with Adu. In the end MLS will place a player of McBride's calibre anywhere they want.
    I don't know about that, when Donovan came back (2005) the league was a much different place.

Here's the thing, the "league" can't push anyone around, because the "league" is, essentially, a conglomerate of ownership groups. Essentially, one vote per team. If you look at the league even as recently as 2005, what did you find? 12 teams, 5 owned by AEG, 3 by Hunt, 1 by Kraft, and 3 others. Between AEG and Hunt, they owned the league (also, Hunt owns Dalas, AEG owns LA). Their vote would, essentially, always be for what they thought made their investment (the league) more profitable. This means they both agreed that the best place for Donovan was LA, so they could force the issue and no one could stop them (who would want to, only their teams were involved).

Fast forward to today. We now have 12 ownership groups and 14 teams (AEG and Hunt both still own 2). We no longer have a voting block "for the good of the league", we have a lot of individual owners who want to profit (yes, the good of the league will always come into it, but with only one team each, the team is more important than the league). Basically, if the issue is pressed (to completely screw over TFC), MLSE will stand up, and try to get the other individual owners to back them (because they all know it could happen to them).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to mention the fact that they got Ruiz, for all his faults, did well for them scoring regularly.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I here Blanco wants out!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giambac View Post
    I here Blanco wants out!
    go on ..?
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    go on ..?
    and wants to come to TO so he can play on July 5th vs Pachuca.

After the game he wants to be traded back to Chicago.