Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay, Jarrod Smith kicks chicken fried ballsac!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Dude, it doesn't ever look particularly intelligent to criticize people for changing their mind. Having the humility to admit that either the situation has changed or you made a bad error in judgment by prejudging is a good thing, not a failing. If more people did it, society would be a lot nicer and more productive in general.
    totally different from what is happening here:

It's one thing to change your opinion, but its also important to add:

I apologise that I called you a clueless twat, for disagreeing with me, especially when it turns out that you were right after all. I apologise for claiming you have your head up your arse and for inferring that you are a homosexual who does special favours for Mo Johnston.

Also, this doesnt work:

"I was wrong, but supporters are supposed to be wrong, otherwise they are blindly supporting, and not questioning."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saying that,

Ive not disagreed with a single one of bobby's statements this season.

Ricketts needs to read the game better. Cunny isn't trying. Our team play better for Dichio's presence.

Bobby is a passionate fan, who shoots from the lip and has a glut of experience regarding footy. He understands the game better than most on this board and his opinion should never be discounted, or disregarded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    no, you're just wishy-washy and when things change you change your opinion. Cunny will score 3 goals and you'll be "ohh, I take it all back, Cunny is great!" You did it with Mo! You licked Mo's balls after Mo proved you wrong. If you're going to twist and turn in the wind, it's good to see you always turn to my side of things (the smart, forward looking, non-reactionary perspective) You just didn't realize in the offseason that what you call "procrastination" was a plan -- you just didn't see it.
    Okay, I don't want to come on here and defend someone and get accused of... well, anything, but players and management are apples and oranges.

there are a lot of guys on this board who know an awful lot about the game on the 'pitch' (that's what we call the field, right?) and I appreciate reading their stuff, I'm learning a lot. It's also good when they get into arguments and defend what they say because that brings out more details than just, "he sucks."

The problem is, when it comes to managment - especially an expansion team in a league with such bizarre (and changeable) rules about player movements and a salary cap and "international roster spots," no one really has any idea if management is doing anything at all until it's done. People get pissed off and frustrated waiting for news.

So, it turns out Mo was doing a good job. He didn't get taken advantage of and fleeced like a lot of rookie GMs, he didn't make stupid mistakes with cap room and roster spots so when guys who could make a difference became available he jumped. He probably waited a few guys out who didn't want to move to an expansion team in MLS - and not even in America. We have no idea how many players he went after only to have their agents laugh him off the phone or demand a huge premium for their players to come here. He didn't end up with a team full of over-priced has-beens. And he dealt with MLSE and brought in a good coach and he lets him coach.

But we can only see that in hindsight. We can see players not performing, standing around with their hands on their hips not going full out. There's a big difference.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    no, you're just wishy-washy and when things change you change your opinion. Cunny will score 3 goals and you'll be "ohh, I take it all back, Cunny is great!" You did it with Mo! You licked Mo's balls after Mo proved you wrong. If you're going to twist and turn in the wind, it's good to see you always turn to my side of things (the smart, forward looking, non-reactionary perspective) You just didn't realize in the offseason that what you call "procrastination" was a plan -- you just didn't see it.
    Rocker my boy, you are a piece of work.

Mo did the right thing this year, surrounded himself with good people, should've been done from the start, Let's face it the franchise was launched in a haphazard fashion.

With a bit of extra effort on mlse's part, we should've had more people (structure in place) from the get go.

I read a lot of comments on these pages, some I know are in jest, others ar4e ill informed.

I never twist & turn, I support & encourage good football & mgmt when that happens I give credit, when it doesn't I call them out.

I'm not going to engage in who said what revisionism with you.

AS for Cunny, he's shite, Carver & Mo know it, anyone who watches him during a game knows it. That's been my opinion on Cunny from the get go.

As for turning to your side of things, I don't think so, You have criticized & lectured folk on these boards on what their socio economic priorities should be. You're also one of the few I seen piss off BBTB.

As for Mo, the further he get's away from the field & listens to fpptball people the better we'll do.I think Carver's forgot more about coaching & man mgmt than Mo will ever know.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back on topic.

Anyone wanna bet Cunny is gone by the transfer window?

What's the line on McBride winding up in TFC, period? Why would Chicago want to upset what clearly is working right now?

So many questions!!! ARGH!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Back on topic.

Anyone wanna bet Cunny is gone by the transfer window?

What's the line on McBride winding up in TFC, period? Why would Chicago want to upset what clearly is working right now?

So many questions!!! ARGH!!!
    If I were the Fire I would want McBride just for the experience this guy can bring to the squad. He was a playmaker and goal scorer for the Crew before he left for the EPL. Plus, I would think he could add to the Fire arsenal come playoff time and it gives the Fire ANOTHER go to guy other than Rolfe and Blanco.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"When the facts change, I change my mind -- what do you do, sir?" - John Maynard Keynes
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    "When the facts change, I change my mind -- what do you do, sir?" - John Maynard Keynes
    There's still a question if the facts changed, or if we just got more of them, but who cares, it's working now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    And, thank you. That was pretty much exactly what I was going to say (in fact, it was the very quote I was thinking about). Without getting into the specifics of this situation, the above quote perfectly encapsolates my position on one of rocker's statements. Sticking to an opinion, right or wrong, is not enviable unto itself, that's a lesson I think our society needs to learn.