Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Chris Cummings Sumthin's Up, Hey!

Nothing like playing like shit on the road every year since year one to put things in perspective, right?

TFC home/away record = MLS's version of Ass-To-Mouth

If we can't win on the road, why don't we just play to tie the game, who the fuck cares if the other teams don't like the way we play in their stadiums. Let's just try to make the playoffs by being conservative and smart and play like there's something to lose, Like The Fans !

5-3-2(with sweeper)

--------------------Frei--------------------
    --------------------------------------------
    -------------------Garcia-------------------
    ----------------------|---------------------
    -----------Serioux----|-----Velez-----------
    ----------------------|---------------------
    Attakora--------------V-------------Brennan
    ---------Robinson--Guevara---Cronin--------
    ------------Barrett------DeRosario-----------

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if it makes you feel any better, most MLS teams are shit on the road
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Boys were tired and really showed it in the second half. I think this game can be written off and the focus should be on beating San Jose in two weeks.

Playing the NYRB of the West should boost our away record and keep the momentum going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't it Chris Cummins?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nazzer View Post
    Isn't it Chris Cummins?
    If the Lads keep playing the way they did last night, it might be Chris Goings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm SO undecided about Cummins. Maybe it's the fact that he is so well-spoken and do so well at the press conferences? But the subs and tactical decisions tonight made me worry about his future at this club. I'm not sure why ANY coach would sub a D for an F when behind in a game. It makes zero sense to me. Other games, though, he has made very clever tactical decisions, so I'm just confused about the guy. Who the fuck knows what's up. Results matter - and he'll have to live or die by that sword like anyone else in that business.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    I'm SO undecided about Cummins. Maybe it's the fact that he is so well-spoken and do so well at the press conferences? But the subs and tactical decisions tonight made me worry about his future at this club. I'm not sure why ANY coach would sub a D for an F when behind in a game. It makes zero sense to me. Other games, though, he has made very clever tactical decisions, so I'm just confused about the guy. Who the fuck knows what's up. Results matter - and he'll have to live or die by that sword like anyone else in that business.
    I think he subbed in a defender for a forward to let Brennen and Nana play higher up the pitch ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yes...we ended up playing 3-5-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first game ive seen in 2 years and it sounds like i missed shit all.

atleast it was against the western conf.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    The Boys were tired and really showed it in the second half. I think this game can be written off and the focus should be on beating San Jose in two weeks.

Playing the NYRB of the West should boost our away record and keep the momentum going.
    Yup... you could clearly see they were tired.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was obvious that boys where tired,all these games in last 10 days no wonder.
    Players weren't fresh enough,there was no pressure on the ball at all.
    We need more depth,with the current roster we will not see playoffs at BMO this year.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its the altitude, without a long adjustment its a total bitch to just run, I cant imagine playing even 45mins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Viiti on the left side again...WhyWhyWHy????

Honestly, this guy blows on the left side, and is amazing on the right... It's like Jekyll and Hyde, and Cummins is in denial about it (or not informed of this obvious fact),

And WTF, Velez?

Did you guys see, the first minute he came on... loose ball comes to him and he just boots it out of bounds instead of keeping possession/moving it up???

How would Velez even be considered as a sub in that game? I mean I wouldh've even preffered Gala to him, since Velez is a liability on defense, with no real offense...

The big thing for me was Amado at half....
    Christ, Rip him for his idiocy AT half and let him out there to try and redeem himself...he should be motivated,
    Don't "send a message" by taking him out, and essentially forfeiting the game

Cummins = From Carvers system of idocracy in his player utilization...

Has to go,

We need a completely different mindset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do we keep finding excuses every time we get hammered by a decent team.
    I said it in the game tread already
    "The day we form a team that can beat RSL in their home, we will become a contender team"
    It's time for the coaching crew to go back to the drawing board and start from scratch.
    On paper, the players we have can form a very strong team but on the pitch they play like they never trained with each other.
    Is it the players?
    Is it CC's tactics?
    Is it CC's choice of starting lineup?
    Who knows, but I refuse to find excuses for their inconsistency like some are doing here.
    TFC players are professional players, they get paid to play football and they should focus only on playing football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altitude is a valid excuse.. if you ever travel to a place with 1-1.5km elevation, try going for a long run and see how you feel. Its a real bitch. RSL has a massive advantage at home its just reality of it. If we had a week between games and could go and spend that week there then players would get a chance to adjust to it somewhat, without that this game was a writeof. I personally was expecting a loss, maybe a best case tie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why wasn't dichio starting? i thought he was rested against ny for this game?

of course were tired we refuse to use our bench, why not start dichio and ibrahim who are fresh, and play gomez at the back. Or maybe we need to sign 3-4 more players so we can actually switch players game in and game out and we wont be soo tired....ricketts leaving was bad he woulda been fresh last night and ready to prove himself....what will we do when cronin is gone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manutd #1 View Post
    what will we do when cronin is gone?
    depends on how far the US goes.
    TFC is now off for 2 weeks while Cronin plays in the Gold Cup group stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People aren't being fair.

We obviously have injury problems. I am a bit worried about Cummins, but tactics/coaching/substitutions had nothing to do with last night's result. We got three points out of the 2 games post miracle. I'll take it.

Fresh start July 11.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We need to keep an more even keel and not freak out after every loss and dissect the shit out of everything.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    We need to keep an more even keel and not freak out after every loss and dissect the shit out of everything.
    AGREED...

This is very "Maple Leaf" like... Plan a parade after a win, fold the team after a loss...

It's a loss, it sucks, but it's not the end of the season...

Positive note - how good was that save Frei made??

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    "The day we form a team that can beat RSL in their home, we will become a contender team"
    RSL has only lost once at home this season. Is there only one contender team in MLS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post

Christ, Rip him for his idiocy AT half and let him out there to try and redeem himself...he should be motivated,
    looks like Guevara's ankles were bothering him so he got subbed out
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the team plays on a more even keel, the dissecting will slow down. I can accept losing. It is a fact of soccer. What I cannot accept is losing the way we witnessed last night. If we had seen this effort against Montreal, we would have been watching the CCL from the sidelines again because quite honestly we played like Mtl did against us.

We have seen too many pathetic excuses for soccer this season and on the other hand we have seen some good and great games. I want to see some intensity every game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right Jack. An even keel also means we need to avoid spouting off about deep runs into the playoffs and CCL dreams after beating the worst team in the league twice in a row, at home.

It goes both ways.

We sucked last night. There are a whole bunch of reasons why. Let's just hope we get a few more results in the next few games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame the grey kit...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    Amado was hurt. He was trying to play through an injury (as he did on Wednesday), and wasn't able to start the second half.

Perhaps before putting words like "send a message" in quotes, you should find an instance of Cummins actually saying that he was trying to "send a message".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to ask, what was with the Vitti for Velez sub?!!? No sense... Vitti had a great game (for the most part)... i'm confused

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pyeddo View Post
    I have to ask, what was with the Vitti for Velez sub?!!? No sense... Vitti had a great game (for the most part)... i'm confused
    Vitti had a terrible game. He couldn't pass for beans and couldn't beat his man and kept losing the ball

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitti for Velez allowed Cummins to move to a 3-5-2 by pushing Brennan and Attakora up the wings. We had 3 forwards on at the time (Barrett-Dichio-Vitti). Bringing another CB on gave us the three we needed at that position to allow Jimmy and Nana to play more attack-minded.

I agree with the sub, tbh. Vitti did have a pretty first half, but he was fading towards the end and 3-5-2 should have given us better ball movement in the midfield (where we were getting beat all night). I just think the change should have come a bit sooner, but I think that's partly down to losing Guevara to injury at the half. That handcuffed Cummins a bit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm just really annoyed that the lads made RSL look better than they really are.

other than work ethic and ability to string two passes together, RSL wasn't that good. they executed a good game plan but I thought if the lads played their normal game, it would have been a tighter game

-Eduardo Galeano