Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Our best starting XI

So when everyone is healthy, back from international duty, and eligible to play on July 15.......what is our best starting XI??

----------------------Frei---------------------

Nana---------Serioux------Garcia------Brennan

---------------Cronin-------Robbo------------

----------------------Guevara----------------

Vitti-------------------------------------DeRo

------------------------Gerba----------------

Bench:
    Wynne
    Dichio
    Barrett
    Ibbe
    Velez
    Gomez
    White
    New Player 1
    New Player 2
    Edwards
    Sanyang (August 1st)
    Last edited by Nuvinho; 06-25-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you forgot Sanyang

Whatever happened to Kilian Elkinson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Thanks edited it!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    you forgot Sanyang

Whatever happened to Kilian Elkinson

Sanyang is not eligble.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Released at the end of last season with Gaudet, Melo, and Ruiz.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    So when everyone is healthy, back from international duty, and eligible to play on July 15.......what is our best starting XI??

Bench:
    Wynne
    Dichio
    Barrett
    Ibbe
    Velez
    Gomez
    White
    New Player 1
    New Player 2
    Edwards
    Sanyang
    I actually agree 100% with this, unless we get a DP or something...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've got Wynne on the bench?

I would guess not. Nana is really good, I agree. But I think Cummins will insert Wynne back on D the second he is back, if only because it will add to the value of an asset they will want to move and make money from.

The nice thing is that the addition of Garcia makes our back line pretty solid. Funny how what supporters have been asking for since the beginning of the season was the right answer? I wish Mo would have addressed that before the season began.

Other than that, from the midfield on up to the forwards, that lineup looks really good. Barrett and Dichio off the bench to provide 2nd half power? Solid baby.

Forgive me, but I think that is a roster than not only can make it to the playoffs, but can also challenge well into the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne is only on the bench because I think Nana is a better defender, if we were to switch during a game to a 3-5-2....I'd put Wynne as a winger.

Sanyang will be able to play Aug 1st.

I agree we do have a lineup to make the playoffs, but with the addition of 1 or 2 new players....we won't have a problem in case of injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Chris View Post
    ^
    Released at the end of last season with Gaudet, Melo, and Ruiz.
    why was he released...he was still young and developing and i watched him play for UofT against Laurentian and he was just as impressive as Gabe Gala

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Nuvinho;596516]

Sanyang will be able to play Aug 1st.

[quote]

Exactly and in your first post it says eliglbe to play july 15th.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    why was he released...he was still young and developing and i watched him play for UofT against Laurentian and he was just as impressive as Gabe Gala
    limited number of roster spots

damn MLS and their constant rule changing
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

I would guess not. Nana is really good, I agree. But I think Cummins will insert Wynne back on D the second he is back, if only because it will add to the value of an asset they will want to move and make money from.

The nice thing is that the addition of Garcia makes our back line pretty solid. Funny how what supporters have been asking for since the beginning of the season was the right answer? I wish Mo would have addressed that before the season began.

Other than that, from the midfield on up to the forwards, that lineup looks really good. Barrett and Dichio off the bench to provide 2nd half power? Solid baby.

Forgive me, but I think that is a roster than not only can make it to the playoffs, but can also challenge well into the playoffs.
    you're forgiven

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

only if Gerba proves to be real deal and can put the ball in the back of the net

I'd like to see either Barrett or Vitti (probably Vitti) to be another consistent scorer.

Then we're talking about a real solid playoff team
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your not the only one, this team is stacked and only getting better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    only if Gerba proves to be real deal and can put the ball in the back of the net

I'd like to see either Barrett or Vitti (probably Vitti) to be another consistent scorer.

Then we're talking about a real solid playoff team
    Hopefully they're one of those players who really suck in the regular season but kill in the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think by MLS standards, this team is building well for today, as well as for the future. I honestly don't know what more you could realistically expect from an MLS manager as far as putting together a roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the? what is up with all the flip flopping? Guys, 3 games ago we were the worst team in the league according to most. 3 games ago we had a walkout DRIVEN by the horrendous play on the field. Since then, we have played the absolutely worst team in the MLS twice (who has 11 loses) and a bad USL team who actually didn't even play their starters.

All of a sudden everyone is saying this team can go deep into the playoffs?
    We haven't seen Gerba play in the MLS yet and we haven't played a team that we shouldn't destroyed in a while. We also have lots of away games against tough opponents.

And to put it into perspective, there's pretty much a 6 way tie in the east right now. One loss, can put us in second last just as much as one win can put us in first.

So let's take it easy, this team still needs to improve, and by that, we need altleast 2 more players that are going to have an impact down the road. We don't only need to sign them, but they have to work out as well or we could be in trouble.

Oh by the way, our best starting 11 is with Jimmy on the bench and Wynne and Nana on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    Oh by the way, our best starting 11 is with Jimmy on the bench and Wynne and Nana on the field
    You know if I put that in from the beginning, I would of been killed by some posters on here........I agree tho

I_AM_CANADIAN

You're just like a constant downer, huh? This is MLS, to quote Robbo, everyone beats everyone else. We've beaten first place teams while at the bottom of the table and lost to last place teams while at the top. There's not much difference between first and last in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bench:
    Wynne
    Dichio
    Barrett
    Ibbe
    Velez
    Gomez
    White
    New Player 1
    New Player 2
    Edwards
    Sanyang
    this is the first time in 3 years i've looked at our team (starting 11 and bench) and been satisfied!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne-------Nana-----Serioux-----------Brennan

Bench:
    Garcia
    Dichio
    Barrett
    Ibbe
    Velez
    Gomez
    White
    New Player 1
    New Player 2
    Edwards
    Sanyang (August 1st)
    Just altered around a few...

IMO Garcia is NOT what he's hyped up to be...

Watch him closely, and that "vocal leadership" people talk about is merely him turning around to yell at his fellow defenders WHEN HE F**K's UP!!!

as if he's trying to hide the fact HE SCREWED UP, by blaming it on his teammates...

Don't get me wrong, this guy is an improvement over Harmse or Velez, but he's definately not what we were looking for,

IMO best bet wouldh've been Serioux + Tyronne as our CB's,

as of now, our best 11 would feature Serioux + Nana as our CB's

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the? what is up with all the flip flopping? Guys, 3 games ago we were the worst team in the league according to most. 3 games ago we had a walkout DRIVEN by the horrendous play on the field. Since then, we have played the absolutely worst team in the MLS twice (who has 11 loses) and a bad USL team who actually didn't even play their starters.

We haven't seen Gerba play in the MLS yet and we haven't played a team that we shouldn't destroyed in a while. We also have lots of away games against tough opponents.

And to put it into perspective, there's pretty much a 6 way tie in the east right now. One loss, can put us in second last just as much as one win can put us in first.

So let's take it easy, this team still needs to improve, and by that, we need altleast 2 more players that are going to have an impact down the road. We don't only need to sign them, but they have to work out as well or we could be in trouble.

This team was always competent. People were no happy because it was the FO that was standing pat.

Since then, we have signed Nick Garcia. His impact was immediate.

We have signed, but have not seen play, Ali Gerba. I think he will make an impact as well.

The team is playing with intensity. I think they knew thay had to kick it up a notch, but I also think they got a good reminder from the fans who showed we were getting impatient.

Nana has stepped up so well.

They've moved Barrett from the top forward position to the wing. A move I think happened because they recognized they were playing Barrett out of position.

These are good developments, and yes it happened only in the last couple of weeks. But it has given this team some momentum which they sorely needed and now they are going into RSL with some confidence.

Yes...we are about to face tests. Lots of away games coming up. But that is why it was so necessary for them to gather themselves and get some wind at their backs. Had they gone into this road swing on a low, we'd probably see another summer swoon. But instead they are riding some highs which will hopefully see them gut out some results.

Let's concentrate on the good. There has been so much negativity to worry about the last couple of weeks that we really should relish these moments of positivity more fully. We are Canada champs! We are in 2nd place! We are finally seeing a solid backline! Come on Pachuco! I normally get on your case about your negativity here but now I am encouraing you to join us in savouring some good times as a TFC fan! Because you never know when the bad times are coming. All the more reason to enjoy the good times when they are here!

Lock arms with us and do the bounce!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    Just altered around a few...

IMO Garcia is NOT what he's hyped up to be...

Watch him closely, and that "vocal leadership" people talk about is merely him turning around to yell at his fellow defenders WHEN HE F**K's UP!!!

as if he's trying to hide the fact HE SCREWED UP, by blaming it on his teammates...

Don't get me wrong, this guy is an improvement over Harmse or Velez, but he's definately not what we were looking for,

IMO best bet wouldh've been Serioux + Tyronne as our CB's,

as of now, our best 11 would feature Serioux + Nana as our CB's
    Actually Garcia had a really good game yesterday. Although before yesterday I felt the same as you. The jury is still out on him I think, need to see him do what he did yesterday with more consistency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure most of the posters here were the ones that were laughing at the people that were thinking the sky was falling two weeks ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually Garcia had a really good game yesterday. Although before yesterday I felt the same as you. The jury is still out on him I think, need to see him do what he did yesterday with more consistency.

Yea he didn't F--- up as bad as the other 2 games,

With that said, yesterday I saw a Harmse temper flair up in him when he went face to face w/ richards (lucky to not get carded)

Another negative in my book...
    We already have Brennan, Amado, Robbo with hot tempers, capable of getting straight reds for Dissent... we don't need a CB to have that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team was always competent. People were no happy because it was the FO that was standing pat.

Since then, we have signed Nick Garcia. His impact was immediate.

We have signed, but have not seen play, Ali Gerba. I think he will make an impact as well.

The team is playing with intensity. I think they knew thay had to kick it up a notch, but I also think they got a good reminder from the fans who showed we were getting impatient.

Nana has stepped up so well.

They've moved Barrett from the top forward position to the wing. A move I think happened because they recognized they were playing Barrett out of position.

These are good developments, and yes it happened only in the last couple of weeks. But it has given this team some momentum which they sorely needed and now they are going into RSL with some confidence.

Yes...we are about to face tests. Lots of away games coming up. But that is why it was so necessary for them to gather themselves and get some wind at their backs. Had they gone into this road swing on a low, we'd probably see another summer swoon. But instead they are riding some highs which will hopefully see them gut out some results.

Let's concentrate on the good. There has been so much negativity to worry about the last couple of weeks that we really should relish these moments of positivity more fully. We are Canada champs! We are in 2nd place! We are finally seeing a solid backline! Come on Pachuco! I normally get on your case about your negativity here but now I am encouraing you to join us in savouring some good times as a TFC fan! Because you never know when the bad times are coming. All the more reason to enjoy the good times when they are here!

Lock arms with us and do the bounce!
    I didn't think I was being negative at all. Believe me, I'm savoring this play as much as everyone else. I'm just not ready to say this team is good enough to go deep into the playoffs until they prove it. A couple of good performances on the road I think will prove this team is ready.

Either way, I still think this team needs 2 solid additions. 1 quality starter and 1 quality utility player. Our starting 11 may look good right now, but we all know that we'd be lucky to have 10 out of 11 of those guys on the field every game.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes putting things "in perspective" is in itself negativity Pachuco. That's what I don't think you understand. It's like you feel you HAVE to splash cold water on dreams. That IS negative. Sometimes, you just let people dream.

Sometimes, you just relish the moments. Take a few moments to join the flights of fancy fans and supporters often take along the road. Because the cold dose of reality hits us far too often for us NOT to take these moments to picture what this team could be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you Pachuco, we have played some horrendous opposition and now some people are talking like we're Brazil. Our recent acquisitions are fairly average and the rest of the season we're basically playing away from home. Give credit to the team for winning the last few matches, but let's keep our feet on the ground - we ain't done nuthin' yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just throwing this out there but Nana and Wynne are both RBs right? With Jimmy on the bench we'd look pretty one sided, no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Mizz View Post
    Just throwing this out there but Nana and Wynne are both RBs right? With Jimmy on the bench we'd look pretty one sided, no?
    nana can play both CB and RB

-Eduardo Galeano