Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nana v Wynne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nana v Wynne

I keep on seeing Nana progress in leaps and bounds. My personal opinion is that he might be a better all-round defender then Marvelle.

The question has to be asked...

Is now the time to move Wynne while his stock is high with the US National team to either trade him within the MLS or get some cash for him in the July transfer window?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you. Wynne has lost his starting position to Nana. It is amazing.

Whether you agree or not, who among us thought we might be seriously discussing this when the season started?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think Wynne's lost his spot. At all. Nana is good, but still young. Give me a break, if anyone lost his spot a long time ago it was Brennan. It's a joke how untouchable he is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nana All Day Every Day!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I don't think Wynne's lost his spot. At all. Nana is good, but still young. Give me a break, if anyone lost his spot a long time ago it was Brennan. It's a joke how untouchable he is.
    But the only other left-footed defender we have is Gala, who isn't (and may never be) ready.

And remember, we need depth. We shouldn't get rid of one player just because another one is playing well. What happens if one gets hurt, not to mention international duty?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

change this thread title to Trade Wynne WE HAVE NANA thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    But the only other left-footed defender we have is Gala, who isn't (and may never be) ready.

And remember, we need depth. We shouldn't get rid of one player just because another one is playing well. What happens if one gets hurt, not to mention international duty?
    Not sure who's talking about trades here. I sure wasn't. I don't care if Brennan is left footed to be honest, cause his left foot passing abilities are worse then most players left foot on the field and they are right footed

He didn't play too bad today though, he was just alright for me. I'm going on the entire season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBlades View Post
    I keep on seeing Nana progress in leaps and bounds. My personal opinion is that he might be a better all-round defender then Marvelle.

Is now the time to move Wynne while his stock is high with the US National team to either trade him within the MLS or get some cash for him in the July transfer window?
    Funny you mention this. I was talking about this to a guy at the game this eve. I think Wynne could lose his spot. Not sure if they are training Nana to be a RB or CB (or both) but it is a nice problem to have.

I guess if an amazing offer came up, it would be pretty hard for Mo to say no knowing he had someone who I think is ready for the position full time. I would be pretty tempted is someone offered a big CB the likes of Conde. Not sure if anyone would offer a player like that for Wynne though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nana is growing into a solid young defender faster than i would have ever thought, Wynne should be shaking in his boots

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, with the plethora of games coming up, we're going to need all the depth we can get.

I doubt Wynne would be around next year anyway, but I don't think he should be shipped off now. Plus, don't forget injuries. One man down in the back line and we'll need Nana/Wynne again.

So keep them both.

BESIDES, CC loves competition in every position. We have quite a few forwards (quality TBD); midfield is a little thin after Harmse, Rickkets and Smith were let go. D isn't much better. So I don't see Wynne leaving (can't he play midfield too?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne wasn't as good as Nana at Nana's age. I'm not sure Wynne is as good now.
    Nana reads the game much better, and is more polished, despite the age difference.

Wynne is fast, but Nana is pretty fast too with great CONTROLLED acceleration.
    He also is pretty physical, which is one of Wynne's best attributes.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne + Barrett for Dane Richards and a draft pick/allocation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that Nana’s is a better passer in the offensive zone, as evidenced tonight, and more versatile in he can play RB and CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zero handballs

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As exciting as Wynne can be, from time to time, I have been impressed with Nana every game he has played this year. He shows a quiet competence that belies his relative youth!

MUFC_Niagara

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBlades View Post

My dad and I were talking about that tonight! It may be time to move him!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nana= better defensively than Wynne.

Seeing as how we're talking about a defensive position, then yes, keep Nana when wynne comes back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nana seems to be better defensively, however Wynne brings lots of pace and ability to cross into the box well. If they still want to play both keep Nana in the back where he is playing above and beyond what we all thought he could...then put wynne in a more forward mabey midfield on the flank? There he can use his speed and Guevarra and DeRo seem to love those cross feild to sideline passes....almost always ends up in a good scoring chance.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne started earlier this season as right-side mid. Might be best position for him to get best use out of his scrambly, gnarly, ball-winning style. Could be a pocket Gattuso up there.

Nana is looking very smoove just now. But still cautious about moving into space in front of him when you just know Wynne would have galloped in there. But Nana's making great strides and looking after his own back yard defensively. Very happy.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Wynne is deemed dispensable, do you:
    A) Keep Wynne to ensure that you can reap the rewards of a transfer to Europe. (not saying he will surely go, just that it's been widely rumoured for a while)
    or
    B) Trade him for valuable assets, not money, but actual player(s) who can step in immediately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nana is better than Wynne, but having depth isn't a bad thing...we don't need to make a move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id like to keep both, both have their values. Nana has definitely earned hsi spot on first team but im not mad if hes benched upon Wynnes return. I dont think he'd be either

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne got the speed which Nana doesn't. Personally, I will take Wynne way more than Nana. But yea... keep both. Season is long and what happen if one of them injury or like wht happen to Wynne now, on National duty.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nana is a CB... that is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable I really TRULY hoped I was wrong! But I was right! Fucking Carver and Mo took so fucking long to realize this guy was starting material. It was so clear, he was the best player in friendlies, playing well for Canada U20s media said he was one of the better players in training camp for two years now. Even when he was given the chance to play he played well but then wasn't used again.

Gala is the same! You wait and see he has been impressive just as much in brief appearances and friendlies, he needs to be given a shot! He hasn't played a minute and he is rated even higher than Nana (remember him vs. Argentina U20s at BMO?). So he got cut from Canada U20s big deal, he had a bit of a commitment problem hes young.

TFC is lucky Canada suddenly has so much depth on D or he would be at the Gold Cup. EVen though I would already take him over Cann or Hastings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you about Gala deserving a shot, but I don’t think he’s going to get it. The crazy thing is that he started two games in the team’s first year and looked good. I think he’s going to have to really impress in the friendlies to looking again, which is a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let us stop the talk of getting rid of this or that player. At the moment, our roster is 3 (three) men short. First, TFC needs to fill those spots. After, we can all engage in trade talk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything is peachy keen jellybean, lollipops and gumdrops after a win around here. The whole team should be dismantled after a loss or certain guys should be transferred after a tie. It’s really quite pathetic.

Despite his welcomed progress, Marvell has not lost his starting spot to Attakora. It’s Marvell’s spot to lose if he so chooses to let his game go to the dogs. It’s just not a spot that was “open” in the first place.

You can’t lose a spot because you’re busy helping your national team beat the best team in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    Wynne + Barrett for Dane Richards and a draft pick/allocation.

I'll fucking take it! (just kidding but I'd love to see Richards here, man he's fast)

Honestly, I like Wynne but.. he's not a good defender. He tries hard, and makes some good plays but I really think he's more of a utility type player, than an all out defender.

Attakora has REALLY impressed me lately. His no nonesense defending, heads up play and similar to Wynne, likes to join the attack while having the speed to get back when needed.

That said, I don't want either to go... yet anyway. We'll need both down the stretch and Wynne can easily jump into midfield if we ever need it.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im looking forward to seeing nana get some intl's play in the gold cup