Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nana v Wynne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Everything is peachy keen jellybean, lollipops and gumdrops after a win around here. The whole team should be dismantled after a loss or certain guys should be transferred after a tie. It’s really quite pathetic.

Despite his welcomed progress, Marvell has not lost his starting spot to Attakora. It’s Marvell’s spot to lose if he so chooses to let his game go to the dogs. It’s just not a spot that was “open” in the first place.

You can’t lose a spot because you’re busy helping your national team beat the best team in the world.
    Of course you can if you have a man sitting on the bench who steps in and does a job as well as he has done. And it is argueable that this has happened.

Nobody is suggesting that the team be dismantled (well some are, others think tweaks are in order lol), and I don't get the feeling that anyone wants to run Marvell out of town.

I think we have a nice problem at right back (or CB), but you always have to consider the possiblities of plugging up holes using a position you have good talent in. Especially in the MLS where salary caps interfere with building a great team and a player's value may be at an all time high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything is peachy keen jellybean, lollipops and gumdrops after a win around here. The whole team should be dismantled after a loss or certain guys should be transferred after a tie. It’s really quite pathetic.

Despite his welcomed progress, Marvell has not lost his starting spot to Attakora. It’s Marvell’s spot to lose if he so chooses to let his game go to the dogs. It’s just not a spot that was “open” in the first place.

You can’t lose a spot because you’re busy helping your national team beat the best team in the world.
    Completely agree with you that Wynne rightfully hasn't lost his spot and shouldn't just because he was called up for the NT. However if we are in a groove and winning....(ie like now)...don't just take out Nana and throw in Wynne. It would throw the teams chemistry off to change like that.

I believe they should look at leaving Nana at the back and using Wynne as more of a wide midfielder ( we all know we need one after losing Ricketts and Smith). His speed and passing ability would be great to see on the wing. Sure there really isn't anyone I would like to see taken out of the midfield but we have to start looking at all the games we will be playing with CCL, friendlies, and MLS in the next 2 months. Also Gold Cup call ups will be a hinderince on players coming and going.

If anything we should be resting Robinson and DeRo when we can so save them for the long haul to playoffs and CCL group play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Nana have the Ability to play on the left?

Wouldn't mind seeing the back line of:

Wynne - Garcia - Serioux - Nana

See how deep this depth goes.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see you're new to sports let me show you around

if you have any questions don't be scared to ask!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ It's all just so damn Toronto Maple Leafs ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Does Nana have the Ability to play on the left?

Wouldn't mind seeing the back line of:

Wynne - Garcia - Serioux - Nana

See how deep this depth goes.
    That is what I'd like to see. The only problem with this, of course, is that Brennan is the captain, and I'm not sure if Cummins is willing to bench the captain (despite the fact that he has been poor in defence this year).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yeah, talk about a guy that needs to be benched ... no disrepect, he seems like a decent enough dude, but shit ...

I_AM_CANADIAN

Nana had another great game last night, I can't believe how quickly he's progressed, how good he is already. He's been impressive to say the least. It's to the point where I honestly can't choose between him and Wynne. Likely it'll be Wynne starting and Nana coming off the bench for anyone across the back line, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

brennan played fine yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Nana had the ability to start last year, since the Colorado, at Colarado win, Wynne may be faster, Nana is a better football player a better defener. Having said that. I would not get rid of Wynne. Having five quality backs, with one decent/serviceble back up (Velez), is a good thing to have. Further, I would not be suprised to see Nana, Cronin and Frei be picked up by European sides in the next couple of years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne has raw athletic skills but Nana is a better football player.

Playing on the back line, it's about not making huge mistakes first which I have more comfort with Nana than Wynne.

Wynne has also fallen off the US NT depth chart - he was bitch slapped by Costa Rica in the US loss to them in a WC qualifying match last month. He hasn't seen any playing time since then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    brennan played fine yesterday.
    He was OK. Except for the time he got completely undressed one-on-one in the first half.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brennan seems good to me, I don't know what other people keep talking about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nobodybeatsthewiz View Post
    im looking forward to seeing nana get some intl's play in the gold cup
    We'll have to wait until 2011 for that one he wasn't called up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's amazing how quickly Nana is progressing, while Wynne seems to have stagnated

Not only was he defensively solid, he also showed that he had attacking flair as well last game, esp in 1st half setting up Vitti goal and attempting a shot on goal

Wynne can become easily expendable if Nana keeps playing like this
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nana left a game eariler this year with a slight concussion. Personally, I'd be hanging on to Wynne for the remainder of this year. Concussions are hard to predict or manage.

After this season, I'd cross my fingers that Europe comes calling down the road.