Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have nothing against Uncle Mo I wouldkill to actually be related but this is like when JDG (the bad one) might play for us and I didn't get my hopes up because thats how you get crushed but don't be surprised if we get jipped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's a goodbye video Fulham created as a tribute to McBride

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/Ne...ideSalute.aspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mo know what he is doing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T_Mizz View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again Mcbride isn't coming here he's going to Fire and there's nothing that anyone can do about it, regardless of allocations. Dallas had the first allocation when Donovan came back and the first superdraft pick when Adu was drafted but the league stepped in and sent Landycakes to LA and Adu to DC
    I don't think the league will try to screw us up. They will really look like a bush league if they do that.
    I'm confident that we will be in a winning situation at the end of this deal.
    Remember this is just an icing on the cake for us...nobody knew that McBride was coming home.
    Only if Mo reads into the future Tell us Mo is Sheva going to be our DP ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    I don't think the league will try to screw us up. They will really look like a bush league if they do that.
    I'm confident that we will be in a winning situation at the end of this deal.
    Remember this is just an icing on the cake for us...nobody knew that McBride was coming home.
    Only if Mo reads into the future Tell us Mo is Sheva going to be our DP ?
    oh god please please please please please be Shevaaaaaaa i'd also settle for Klose

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I said on the other McBride thread...I have two words for the Fire and League...FUCK OFF!

We are not in the charity business...we are in the winning business...McBride is a decent footballer who I would like to see in a TFC uniform...however if he (and others) wish to see him in an other uniform...he can...for equal value!

If not...I wish Brian all the best in his "early" retirement!
    Last edited by Toronto_Bhoy; 06-03-2008 at 07:30 PM.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto_Bhoy View Post
    As I said on the other McBride thread...I have two words for the Fire and League...FUCK OFF!

We are not in the charity business...we are in the winning business...McBride is a decent footballer who I would like to see in a TFC uniform...however if he (and others) wish to see him in an other uniform...he can...for equal value!

If not...I wish Brian all the best in his "early" retirement!
    absolutely.. (except the like seeing in a Toronto jersey part..)
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think i would take Chad Barrett and allocation money
    or
    2 players Chad Barrett & John Thorrington

and one more think is McBride a diver if he is not on our team he could get a spot on my banner with Blanco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotr...e-sitting.html

"The league isn't in a rush," Matthew said of Brian's situation. "But Brian has to tell U.S. soccer pretty soon whether he will be part of the Olympic team or not."

Even if a deal is worked out between the Fire and Toronto for McBride, he would not be able to join the Fire until the July 15 transfer window. He is not expected to leave England until mid June when his kids are out of school.

"I think from [Brian's perspective], he's been on the road a lot of years and is excited to come home," said Matthew.

I don't know if this has been talked about, but this is pretty revealing about the difficulties McBride has given the Fire. One, he has to wait for his kids to get out of school to play come July 15th and on top of that he's contemplating going to the Olympics. Both his agent and McBride know the rules around the MLS, so they're really just being tits about the whole thing. On top of that, he thinks he has a year and half is left in the tank. So lets do the math, 1 and 1/2 with 3 months dedicated Olympics and moving = 2 months going into playoffs and one full year playing with the fire. What GM would do this deal? The fire will have to give up draft picks and allocation or a young forward for 35 year old forward that doesn't plan on hanging around all that much? If anyone wants that deal TFC will accomodate. I just hope a guy like Benny Feilhaber doesn't decide to come back too and we lose in the long run in getting someone else for picks and allocation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry, Mo will figure this one out and will milk this cow for all it's worth.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rumors swirling that Chicago may part with Wilman Conde or Justin Mapp..... though Mapp is a midfielder and we're deep at midfield already. I know Conde wants out of Chicago.

Chad Barrett would be a nice pickup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    Rumors swirling that Chicago may part with Wilman Conde or Justin Mapp..... though Mapp is a midfielder and we're deep at midfield already. I know Conde wants out of Chicago.

Chad Barrett would be a nice pickup.
    Link?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conde's been dying to go to NYRB tho right? he's the guy who wanted to be reunited with Osario and has been sulking.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

get Conde and then trade his ass right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yha I don't want Conde...maybe there is someone on NYRB that we can take to send Conde over there.....come on trader mo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

am i wrong here? isnt the olympic games for u23 only?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    am i wrong here? isnt the olympic games for u23 only?
    You are right....but each team is allowed 3 overage players. So that's where McBride would fit in. I believe the coach already said he would hold a spot of him as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razcle View Post
    Yha I don't want Conde...maybe there is someone on NYRB that we can take to send Conde over there.....come on trader mo!
    With altidore gone, I don't see them giving us any kind of striker, although I'll take Richards for Conde any day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Razcle View Post
    You are right....but each team is allowed 3 overage players. So that's where McBride would fit in. I believe the coach already said he would hold a spot of him as well.
    I hate this rule. It means that we might very well lose Amado for the whole month of August (just when we need to be making a huge push for the playoffs). I don't necessarily blame him for going, but I do wish he would choose TFC over the Olympics (who cares about olympic soccer anyway).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I hate this rule. It means that we might very well lose Amado for the whole month of August (just when we need to be making a huge push for the playoffs). I don't necessarily blame him for going, but I do wish he would choose TFC over the Olympics (who cares about olympic soccer anyway).
    i'm not sure if Amado is gonna go.. he has a World Cup Qualifier during the month of the Olympics and surely they'd want him for that. I also don't believe TFC has to let him go for the Olympics anyways.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DigzTFC! View Post
    http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotr...e-sitting.html

Even if a deal is worked out between the Fire and Toronto for McBride, he would not be able to join the Fire until the July 15 transfer window. He is not expected to leave England until mid June when his kids are out of school.
    The blog is incorrect on this point (what, a North American journalist get something wrong about footie? ). Under FIFA rules, the transfer window that applies is that of the receiving league. He can join June 15th. However, school might get in the way...

The registration windows - the dates between which MLS may request the transfer certificate of an international player are as follows: January 15 - April 15 (Primary Window)
    June 15 - August 15 (Secondary Window)
    http://web.mlsnet.com/about/league.j...ntent=overview

The July 15th date is for players going to Europe.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    The blog is incorrect on this point (what, a North American journalist get something wrong about footie? ). Under FIFA rules, the transfer window that applies is that of the receiving league. He can join June 15th. However, school might get in the way...

http://web.mlsnet.com/about/league.j...ntent=overview

The July 15th date is for players going to Europe.
    You know, I was pretty sure the transfer window opened June 15th. But for some reason there are more then just this website saying it's July 15th. I'm confused.