Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Free Gravy Boats and a DP

I was inspired by Jack and Trane.

This petition is to push ML$E to give away free TFC-branded gravy boats at all remaining home games. Currently they are being cheapskates, and hence the amazing TFC fanbase have gone gravy boat-less. This isn't acceptable.

Maybe if we had a wealthy football fan owning the team, instead of the oppressive pension fund Borg cube known as ML$E, we would have our TFC gravy boats by now.

Also, I want a DP. Discuss.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's time to rise up and demand that which is ours, and by "that", I mean gravy boats.

All of these petition threads have me jonesing for a cause. To the streets!

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    It's time to rise up and demand that which is ours, and by "that", I mean gravy boats.

All of these petition threads have me jonesing for a cause. To the streets!

- Scott
    No to gravy boats -- Yes to DP!
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This won't truly be a RPB forum thread until someone comes in and verbally blasts you, and calls you a moron for being anti-gravy boat.

- Scott

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    This won't truly be a RPB forum thread until someone comes in and verbally blasts you, and calls you a moron for being anti-gravy boat.

- Scott
    Still doesn't change my No-Gravy-Boat stance.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mikey

I heard theres an ML$E float in this years Caribana parade thats shaped like a giant gravy boat with the board of execs all floating in it.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully support the cause for gravy boats, there are not nearly enough gravy boats on supporters tables.
    WHERE ARE THEY ML$E?!?!??!
    CHEAPSKATE$!!!
    I BET THE TEACHER$ HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THI$!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how you can call yourselves supporters if you don't support the gravy boat cause. After three years of watching football at bmo field we deserve gravy boats. The RM match is going to raise more than $3 million for ML$E and all we're asking is for them to stop treating us like the leafs and give us our gb's already. Mo has spent months in Brazil where there is plenty of cheap labour - are you telling me he couldn't have brought back some gb's at $2-$3 each?

You can sit around being leafs fans all you want, but until I get my gravy boat I'm only wearing KKKolumbus gear to the games, that will teach our front office that they can't treat us like crap any more. Oh ya, and the only song we're going to sing is going to be 'the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round''.

Stop being f*ing pansies and supporter the cause. I'm sick of you casual fans calling yourselves supporters and just bending over and taking it from ML$E. This is the best thing for our team and will show our players that we really care about them.

TORONTO TILL I DIE!! (or until I've waiting 3 years and still not received my GB).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Gunner View Post
    I don't know how you can call yourselves supporters if you don't support the gravy boat cause. After three years of watching football at bmo field we deserve gravy boats. The RM match is going to raise more than $3 million for ML$E and all we're asking is for them to stop treating us like the leafs and give us our gb's already. Mo has spent months in Brazil where there is plenty of cheap labour - are you telling me he couldn't have brought back some gb's at $2-$3 each?

You can sit around being leafs fans all you want, but until I get my gravy boat I'm only wearing KKKolumbus gear to the games, that will teach our front office that they can't treat us like crap any more. Oh ya, and the only song we're going to sing is going to be 'the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round''.

Stop being f*ing pansies and supporter the cause. I'm sick of you casual fans calling yourselves supporters and just bending over and taking it from ML$E. This is the best thing for our team and will show our players that we really care about them.

TORONTO TILL I DIE!! (or until I've waiting 3 years and still not received my GB).
    Extra credit for referring to gravy boats as "gb's" LOL.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a stupid thread. You're all crazy if you think we're actually going to get a GB.

Really! REALLY? A GB in only our third season? Get your heads checked.
    Last edited by Eastend; 06-17-2009 at 07:00 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Let's get shirts done

The coaching staff promised us gravy boats. The players think we should have gravy boats. Heck even the City thinks we deserve GBs. Yet, MLSE give us the same answers....the gravy boats are coming, we are waiting for the right gravy boats, we're not responsible for the final decision on which gravy boat - it's up to the City.....yadda, yadda.

I say stop making excuses. The MLSE BoD approved them already. Mo get 'er done!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What no one seems to realize is how much more attractive our team will be to all those fairweather fans on the fence. Can you imagine how many more shirts they'll sell with a GB! C'mon MLSE splurge for a GB!

BTW piss take + reptition = comic gold.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... GB or DP... GB or DP...
    I don't see it as likely that we are going to get either one but a nice GB??

Thats class.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear Philly's stadium is going to have a discount gravy boat stand. Now THAT'S how you treat supporters.

- Scott

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freakin' ridiculous!! Royal Doulton FC has been trying to unload one their GB's for some time now. MLSE has no intention of bringing in a GB. You heard it here first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE DESERVE BUTTER!!

er....I mean Gravy Boats!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pfft, i heard even worse of philly
    i hear they're getting gravy trains!
    sign me up. gravy boats always do indeed make the world go round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard Seattle fans have 2 GB's included in their season ticket packages!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I heard theres an ML$E float in this years Caribana parade thats shaped like a giant gravy boat with the board of execs all floating in it.....
    hahaha and instead of throwing treats out to the on lookers, people throw money at the MLSE float..hahahaha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look. I've had it with you numpty's. Yes the board approved a GB. The team has the ability to go get GBs any time we want. But there is simply no proof that GBs are the way to go to win in this league.

There are a lot of things to consider: do you want used, aging GB... barely able to hold and distribute the gravy, just because it once spilled on the dinner table at Buckingham Palace? or do you want a younger, maybe south American GB, with a bit more spicy flair? Or do you want a Canadian GB...one who is influenced by all the gravies around the world?

We're looking at it but we're not just going to jump in to the boat with our eyes closed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am completely lost in this thread and in this reference? completely.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    Or do you want a Canadian GB...one who is influenced by all the gravies around the world?

We're looking at it but we're not just going to jump in to the boat with our eyes closed.
    YES PLEASE....
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

look. I've had it with you numpty's. Yes the board approved a GB. The team has the ability to go get GBs any time we want. But there is simply no proof that GBs are the way to go to win in this league.

There are a lot of things to consider: do you want used, aging GB... barely able to hold and distribute the gravy, just because it once spilled on the dinner table at Buckingham Palace? or do you want a younger, maybe south American GB, with a bit more spicy flair? Or do you want a Canadian GB...one who is influenced by all the gravies around the world?

i'll take a Canadian GB....can we have em on the pitch by thursday 8pm?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul....Thank you.....that made me laugh so hard. We don't all hate you!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm... gravy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boomcha View Post
    Hmmm... gravy.
    And not that powder in a box shit either.........home made I say!
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Parody... of ourselves.

All up in your head, like your hairstylist!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    On you dinner meat would you prefer:

(a) instant gravy (i.e. just add hot water to the powdered ingredients)

or

(b) gravy made from scratch by a chef that has been simmered for 24 hours and containing marinaded meat juices and various spices....

I trust this put the thread in context for you!

Would you like instant gravy

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the idea of a Canadian GB.

Influence gravies from around the world....

Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wait...we are still talking about gravy boats here right?