0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    ^^

I got one better, since we know Barrett can't score

-----------------------------Barrett---------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Serioux,Cronin,Robo,Guevara,Dichio,Vitti,DeRo,Frei,Ibrahim,Brennan
    That's priceless! Made me laugh out loud here at work...!!!

AWESOME!
    Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-----------------------------Edwards---------------------------------

This one is EVEN betterrrrrr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, last week I went out on a limb and said Vitti would silence doubters....

While he didn't net a goal, or silence all doubters, he was undoubtedly our best player on the pitch last game.....

That said, I think he'll carry his play over to tomorrow's game.

I hope he plays the right side again,

Optimistic prediction = 2 Assists on a Gerba Hat-Trick, 1 Assist on a Dichio Header + 1 Goal,

Realistic prediction on Vitti = 1 Goal + 1 Assist,

Although my $$$ is on Amado to step up in Montreal... Everybody will be eyes on Gerba, but lets not overlook our best player... el lobo!!!

EDIT: Lineup Prediction

------------Frei
    --Attakora--Garcia--Serioux
    -------Cronin---Robinson
    --Vitti---Guevara---DeRosario
    --------Gerba------Dichio
    Last edited by poppamidnight; 06-17-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear TFC,

Please, Please, Please win 4-0.

My Predication: 4-1....then i will cry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1-1.. there I said it..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    Okay, last week I went out on a limb and said Vitti would silence doubters....
    and he didn't, he blew one of the easiest breakaways i've ever seen

While he didn't net a goal, or silence all doubters, he was undoubtedly our best player on the pitch last game.....
    definitely disagree. I thought Garcia, Guevera, Cronin, and De Ro all contributed more

I'm gonna go out and say TFC 2-0. Serioux, and De Ro bagging the goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC OZZ View Post
    definitely disagree. I thought Garcia, Guevera, Cronin, and De Ro all contributed more

I'm gonna go out and say TFC 2-0. Serioux, and De Ro bagging the goals.
    GolTV is running the condensed version of the game, since you evidently missed it,

Cronin was only noticable twice: - The Goal, and one defensive play in the 2nd half....

Edit: My bad on the Serioux misread... None the less his bad play could actually warrent being removed from the starting XI vs, MTL
    Possibly leaving your "Serioux" goal in doubt

De Ro didn't show up until the 2nd half,

Guevara was solid - the only one that really contended w/ Vitti
    Last edited by poppamidnight; 06-17-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GolTV is running the condensed version of the game, since you evidently missed it,

Cronin was only noticable twice: - The Goal, and one defensive play in the 2nd half....

Serioux: What?? What??? how was he one of our top guys last game? Every play the attacker blew by him, he was downright awfull... I actually had him down as one of our 3 worst players that game!!!

Holy smokes man, He looked like Frank 'Big Hurt' Thomas trying to keep pace with Usain Bolt

De Ro didn't show up until the 2nd half,

Guevara was solid - the only one that really contended w/ Vitti
    look at his post again, since you evidently misread it. He mentions, Garcia, Cronin, Guevara and De Ro. I'll join him by mentioning Harmse.

Are you Vitti's dad or something? Do you actually believe everything you post about him or are you just having fun with people like myself who somehow can't stop themselves from pointing out how ridiculous your opinion of Vitti is?

I dread to think what you'll be saying when he does actually score a goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post
    look at his post again, since you evidently misread it. He mentions, Garcia, Cronin, Guevara and De Ro. I'll join him by mentioning Harmse.

Are you Vitti's dad or something? Do you actually believe everything you post about him or are you just having fun with people like myself who somehow can't stop themselves from pointing out how ridiculous your opinion of Vitti is?

I dread to think what you'll be saying when he does actually score a goal.
    Yea, my bad... fixed... and none the less the horrible Serioux play last game (as my edit says) would warrent consideration of him being taken outta the starting 11...

And no, I dislike Vitti...
    Just think propoganda/ridiculous thoughts spread by Craig Forrest + others on this board,
    who somehow think Chad Barrett is a superstar who'se just 'hit a rut', yet rip Vitti without mercy,

Vitti = loan deal... Bye Bye any time we want,
    Barrett = 4 yr extension last yr... Less easy to rid ourselves of

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, my bad... fixed... and none the less the horrible Serioux play last game (as my edit says) would warrent consideration of him being taken outta the starting 11...

And no, I dislike Vitti...
    Just think propoganda/ridiculous thoughts spread by Craig Forrest + others on this board,
    who somehow think Chad Barrett is a superstar who'se just 'hit a rut', yet rip Vitti without mercy,

Vitti = loan deal... Bye Bye any time we want,
    Barrett = 4 yr extension last yr... Less easy to rid ourselves of
    Fair enough, i feel the same way about Barrett, i've given up on him, but can't believe how much people (quite often you) shit on him while simultaneously loving Vitti, so i find myself defending him when i don't actually want to on the countless Vitti vs Barrett threads.

We've apparently got some kind of co-dependent perpetual motion argument going on. Someone says something bad about Barrett and praises Vitti, which forces me to overpraise Barrett and shit on Vitti, which forces you to overpraise Vitti and shit on Barrett, which forces me to...etc and etc and so on and so forth. Ah, the internet, can't we all just be friends and admit that neither of them could score in a brothel .

Now that we've got rid of Smith and Ricketts and got gerba to go up front, hopefully, Vitti and Barrett can both officially become wingers and not be expected to score, probably for the best all round.

Anyway, back to topic, this game should be entertaining as we're going to have to go "balls to the wall"* right from the off. I'll say we win 3-1.

*remember back in the day when the leafs made the playoffs, they were facing elimination against new Jersey and Garry Valk promised they'd be going balls to the wall. the result? a shutout with only 6 shots all game.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well here is some locker room motivation: CONCACAF has set the schedule for the preliminary round, and the Canada slot home match vs. Puerto Rico is set for July 28, with a 10pm start time. They've written you off, boys- show them how its done.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hey Montreal... EAT IT!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have TFC chants in mpgs? Was never able to grab that CD and its a long way to Montreal....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 3-5-2 (3-3-2-2) would be nice...

------------Buffon-----------
    ----Puyol-Ferdinand-Vidic----
    -Alves----Gatusso------Maicon
    -------Kaka---Ronaldo-------
    ---F. Torres---------Robinho

Never mind the dream team, theres no way TFC cant score 4 with this formation

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    ^^

I got one better, since we know Barrett can't score

-----------------------------Barrett---------------------------------
    ^made my day

ps i would do pretty much anything to ensure we win 4-0

pps realistically, i'm calling 2-1 TFC victory

ppps flats, hot fuzz roz my sox, now i have to go get my simon pegg fix
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-----------Frei
    ---Nana--Garcia--Serioux
    ----------Robbo
    ----Cronin-----Guevara
    ----------DeRo
    ---Vitti---Dichio--Barrett

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do NOT go to Peel Pub for pregame tonight. the new location is McLean's which is like two doors down
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    But being the most critical game, I doubt we'll drop our captain if he's fit, though I would like to see:

Frei
    --Attakora---Garcia---Serioux--
    -----Robbo-----Cronin-----
    ---------Guevara--------
    --Ricketts----Vitti----De Ro--
    -----Dichio-----

Unless Gerba signs in the next couple days, which I doubt. Bit of a slow backline, maybe swap Garcia for Jimmy, though you're hardly gaining a hell of a lot of speed.

This is pretty much the lineup i would go with, with the only exception being Jimmy in for Ricketts (I would have done this even before Ricketts was released...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like rain for the match tonight...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caqc0363

Question is.. will that keep goal totals high or low?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will be waiting for you guys on they Island of Enchantment, good luck jejeje

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion. This is the biggest game in TFC's history. We need silverware. I am confident that it may just happen that we will get 4 goals. Remember back to that sweet night when Santos scored 5? Tears of joy shall flow once again I hope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good news for us ...

A few regular players will not play Thursday. Mauro Biello (clavicle), Adam Braz (thigh), Cédric Joqueviel (thigh), Patrick Leduc (foot) et Pa Amadou Gai (thigh) will miss the game due to injuries.

Forward Eduardo Sebrango is in Cuba until Sunday for personal reasons. He will miss the games against Toronto and Vancouver.

Defender Zanzan is currently with Togo’s National Team in the second qualifying game against Morocco Saturday. Zanzan will be back in Montreal Sunday.

Central defender Nevio Pizzolitto should not play Thursday but may start the game against Vancouver Saturday.

“We need to put our priorities in the right place. The game against Vancouver on Saturday is more important, so in terms of recuperation, we need to rest certain players on Thursday,” explained Montreal Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos. “Out of respect for the fans, the players on the field tomorrow will need to play with honour and passion. We will be determined not to give anything to Toronto.”

Central defender Stefano Pesoli should play his first season game on Thursday. Pesoli underwent knee surgery during the off season, while central defender Elkana Mayard, called up from the Trois-Rivières Attak, May 29, should start a fourth consecutive game on Thursday.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Looks like rain for the match tonight...

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caqc0363

Question is.. will that keep goal totals high or low?
    On grass, it probably won't make that much of a difference.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We win 2-0. Goals from Dichio and Guevara.

Anyone else notice that Montreal plays on Saturday against Vancouver in the USL game? I know they suck donkey cock but 2 games in 3 days seems kinda extreme.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if Toronto is going to ever win by a big margin, this is their best chance. Montreal have made it clear they're running out some squids and sitting regulars.

This is a nothing game for them. But the weekend tilt with Vancouver means much more. Great way to build up interest in the game - i.e. sell tickets, get coverage - is to have a little controversy proceed Vancouver's visit. I bet there's more than a little grudge between these two USL teams as Vcr is moving first to MLS.

By making it as easy as possible for us to win big, they set the stage accordingly. Since we don't play again until next Wednesday night, no reason to hold back our best players.

Nice, too, that the Red Burps have to play on Saturday night in a tough game at home against Seattle. Help to soften them up for us in what could be the death knell of their season should they lose here.

We're seeing some luck break our way and here's hoping the team takes full advantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Vancouver game will be shown live on the CBC as part of Soccer Day in Canada.

So yeah I can expect almost quality footy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll promise you one thing.

If we put two in the net, Montreal is NOT going to kill themselves to counter. As has been stated 1000 times already, the game means nothing to them.

Are they going to throw it from the opening whistle? No. They have pride. But if they get down in the match, they're NOT going to kill themselves to stop the third or fouth goal from going in. They'll be looking forward to Saturday. A match of worth to them.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam Braz was on montreal's team 990 radio station and said he will not be playing tonight.... he's out for another 2 weeks

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Even if we are eliminated, the game is significant to us,” noted defender Nevio Pizzolitto. “We don’t want to lose against Toronto, especially not at home in front of our fans. We also want to show that we are at the same level by clinching a first victory against Toronto FC.”

“We will approach this game like all others and especially come out strong on defense as always,” said midfielder Sandro Grande. “There is a great rivalry with Toronto. We don’t need to mention it because it’s something that we feel at every game against this team. We are conscious that it will be a tough game. We need to enter the field with a winning mentality.”

A few regular players will not play Thursday. Mauro Biello (clavicle), Adam Braz (thigh), Cédric Joqueviel (thigh), Patrick Leduc (foot) et Pa Amadou Gai (thigh) will miss the game due to injuries.

Forward Eduardo Sebrango is in Cuba until Sunday for personal reasons. He will miss the games against Toronto and Vancouver.

Defender Zanzan is currently with Togo’s National Team in the second qualifying game against Morocco Saturday. Zanzan will be back in Montreal Sunday.

Central defender Nevio Pizzolitto should not play Thursday but may start the game against Vancouver Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The real miracle worker: