Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 1712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    No news is good news. Here's hoping he won't get a great offer from Spain and will sign with us - and end his career in Toronto.
    That's nothing new. He's already said on multiple occasions that he wants to end his career here.
    I highly doubt he'd demand DP $$$ if he came at 30+...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bruva View Post
    Obviously Mo runs things but for the most part in an unofficial way Julian does, if Julian has a deadline of say 3 days and he decides he wants another week or two Mo will give it to him coz thats how bad he wants him. Mo might not be begging Julian but its not far from it.

if what you're saying is true then that's pathetic

it makes me feel sick of both their actions - i'll play it as long as i like cause i can and i'll keep crawling and groveling cause i have to

pathetic

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    It's probably important to note that Kristian never "reported" that JDG was going to decide in 24 hours, he just made a quick Twitter post about it. Totally informal medium, and not really subject to standard rules of journalism.

And for all we know, maybe JDG was going to decide in 24 hours, and then decided he needed more time.

Do I need to pull out my Jump To Conclusions mat?

- Scott

BS that it isnt subject to the standards...people say the same thing about blogs....but it's not true....all they are is newer....but as a journalist you dont present info unless you have info. It's tragic....the internets number one casualty is information...who would have thought

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's obviously a problem for Kristian as we're less likely to listen to him again in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is Mo`s plan when or if JDG decides not to sign.Where is that CB that was talked about for so long?WE need to improve our defence Garcia and Brennan are to slow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    BS that it isnt subject to the standards...people say the same thing about blogs....but it's not true....all they are is newer....but as a journalist you dont present info unless you have info. It's tragic....the internets number one casualty is information...who would have thought
    If a blog purports to be a news blog, then absolutely, the rules of journalism apply. News blogs and Twitter messages are a world apart.

This wasn't a report - it's akin to saying journalistic standards apply to someone's Facebook status.

And Kristian Jack isn't a "reporter" in any sense of the word - on television, he's part sports pundit, part commentator. On the radio, he's 100% sports pundit. He doesn't do journalism.

He probably got a piece of information from a person he considers reliable, and decided to quickly pass it on via Tweet, to throw a bone to people like us who were dying to know what was going on. I can't believe people are actually getting upset about supposed journalistic malpractice, over a completely informal Twitter message.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    It's obviously a problem for Kristian as we're less likely to listen to him again in the future.
    I'm not - like most sports rumours, they are hit and miss. The Footy Show guys, for example, were the ones that discovered Vitti was the South American striker we were pursuing.

Sometimes they are right, and sometimes they are wrong. I take it all with a grain of salt.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm going to celebrate when this thread finally dies...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have lower standards than me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all of you who have kept this thread alive...way to go...lets aim for a 100 pages !! :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have lower standards than me
    The standards I have are attainable. The standards you hold would seem to require every media personality to thoroughly vet and source everything they say anywhere, regardless of the medium, circumstances, or subject.

If you're running a political news blog, I don't accept lazy journalistic malpractice like allowing "anonymous sources" for flimsy reasons. If you're a TV sports talk personality making a personal tweet about something you just heard regarding a contract negotiation, then yeah, I'm fine with you not calling three other sources to confirm it.

He even started out his tweet by saying "I've been told" - it wasn't definitive at all.

- Scott
    Last edited by Shakes McQueen; 07-23-2009 at 10:30 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, you have added hyperbole...so i will ignore it from now on....see, higher standards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cochrdoc View Post
    What is Mo`s plan when or if JDG decides not to sign.Where is that CB that was talked about for so long?WE need to improve our defence Garcia and Brennan are to slow.
    Exactly. Our backline is still dreadful. Brennan should play left-side midfield and Garcia should be an 70th minute sub. We need a CB to play with Serioux. And we need a left back. And while I'm on a roll. Nana should be our RB.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, you have added hyperbole...so i will ignore it from now on....see, higher standards!
    What hyperbole did I use? And explain how it's incorrect.

Was it the three sources bit? Because from my knowledge, that's actually the general journalistic standard on confirming something like a rumour.

- Scott

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. The standards you hold would seem to require every media personality to thoroughly vet and source everything they say anywhere, regardless of the medium, circumstances, or subject.

- Scott

I expect journalists to give information. that is my standard...other than our disagreeing with the use of the medium there is nothing else for us to discuss.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've had many insiders break news here on these boards and/or other SG boards... we haven't heard squat about JDG from an insider... it's almost impossible actually that we haven't heard squat... so my conclusion... he ain't coming.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect journalists to give information. that is my standard...other than our disagreeing with the use of the medium there is nothing else for us to discuss.
    Sure there is. Kristian Jack isn't a journalist, for one. He's a pundit. There's a big difference. He's an opinion giver, not a reporter. I already pointed this out.

He's an opinion giver, who had one of his personal connections tell him something, and decided to pass it on to us.

- Scott

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    We've had many insiders break news here on these boards and/or other SG boards... we haven't heard squat about JDG from an insider... it's almost impossible actually that we haven't heard squat... so my conclusion... he ain't coming.
    Big Bruva just told us a little while ago that he's still deciding. In fact, I think he even had a direct quote from JDG to that effect. So if we haven't heard anything else, it's probably because nothing newsworthy is currently happening... he's just deciding.

- Scott

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all getting a bit annoying.

he's got to make up his mind now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not - like most sports rumours, they are hit and miss. The Footy Show guys, for example, were the ones that discovered Vitti was the South American striker we were pursuing.
    The Footy Show guys' - and especially KJ's - sources are very good, and they will be right 95% of the time

That said, I posted the Vitti stuff on my board days before anyone else (in the media or otherwise) had it, including the Footy Show. I'm tooting my own horn, but it was the first time (and probably the last) I got to scoop everyone on TFC news. Fuck it let me claim that one.

As for JDG, he can take as much time as he needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

56 pages of this speculation is ENOUGH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post

As for JDG, he can take as much time as he needs.

Yep. I'm not worried, or mad at JDG's indecisiveness. It's not like he can make the decision all over again. If he chooses TFC, it's most likely for the long haul. That said, it means his search for a European club is a pressing task as it could be his last 'hurrah' on the top level of football.

I don't get why people are getting mad/upset about this. He could have straight up said he wanted to play in Europe and turned down TFC's offer... like he did before the season. The fact that he's taking so much time shows that he's really considering it and IMO the longer it goes, the better chance we have of him signing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    This is all getting a bit annoying.

he's got to make up his mind now.
    Why ?
    I think he can take his sweet time, providing Mo keeps the offer on the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pubboy View Post
    Why ?
    I think he can take his sweet time, providing Mo keeps the offer on the table.
    Well, because, um . . . it would make us feel better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys mean Why ? Because we are hanging by a thread wrt to the playoffs and we have important CL games coming up...if he joins us when its all over or the outcome is predetermined, this signing will not have any impact on this season and it will be lets wait for next season all over again...timing is important if we want JDG to help us this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need him now for the CL games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need all the help we can get! We are hanging on by a thread, currently claiming the last 8th spot that rewards a spot in the play-offs. Teams behind us have games in hand, including New England with 3 games in hand on us.

We have 8 tough away games to go. They are: Columbus, New England, Chivas, Seattle, Colorado, LA, Chicago and New York. We only have 4 home games left to go.

Unless we kick some serious ass on the road we won't be making the play-offs this year. We have just about the hardest list of fixtures left to go of any team in the league. It doesn't look good, but De Guzman would provide a big help. Hopefully we get him.

3 pts URGENTLY needed in Columbus!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wzhxvy View Post
    What do you guys mean Why ? Because we are hanging by a thread wrt to the playoffs and we have important CL games coming up...if he joins us when its all over or the outcome is predetermined, this signing will not have any impact on this season and it will be lets wait for next season all over again...timing is important if we want JDG to help us this year.

What is the latest a player can be added to the roster?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    What is the latest a player can be added to the roster?
    I think the transfer window is like 2 or 3 months...
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

end of august i believe.